NEWS

Improved Reflexes and Reaction

• 4 Replies

忍

« on: <08-24-17/1223:33> »
Do these two stack? I'm not sure if Imp Reaction counts as an "increase to Initiative".

Also does increasing magic give a Power Point or is it just the metamagic?

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #1 on: <08-24-17/1252:09> »
Increases to attributes aren't increases to Initiative; that means direct increases to Initiative, like the bonus dice from augementations and spells.  Improved Physical Attribute (Reaction) is the only way to get +4 to REA as an Adept without looking for another source.

Increasing your MAG does indeed give you a Power Point.  The metamagic is there to get PP for much cheaper (7 MAG is 35 Karma, your first initiation is 13) or if you want to just *seriously* load up on points, or if you're so far advanced that there's no other metamagics you want.  Keep in mind that regardless of where the PP comes from, the maximum level you can have in any Adept power is equal to your MAG attribute (or the power's own limit, whichever is lower).  So if someone initiates a lot but doesn't increase their MAG, they could end up hitting the cap on some things, especially when combined with Qi Foci.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Kiirnodel

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <08-24-17/1256:54> »
Adepts get PP for each point of Magic.
Mystic Adepts dont. (They need the metamagic)

Abilities that augment just the attribute Reaction, don't technically augment Initiative. At least, that's what I rule.

I'm assuming you meant Improved Physical Attribute (Reaction)? The only thing to double check is that the power doesn't specify that it doesn't stack with other augmentations. I'm away from my books so I'm not sure.

&#24525;

« Reply #3 on: <08-24-17/1404:57> »
Improved Physical Attribute (Reaction) is the only way to get +4 to REA as an Adept without looking for another source.
So Improved Reflexes does not stack with IPA Reaction.

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-24-17/1426:55> »
Correct. They do not stack.