Shadowrun General > Gear

Help With New Laser Weapons - Snipers?

(1/4) > >>

Tech:
Is anyone here up to the task of making some stats? I'm working on a campaign for a group - (This is my first campaign) - and it involves some pretty wonky trips. I'd hoped that, some how, one of the plot twists would involve a shiny new piece of Ares technology. This may or may not be a laser sniper rifle - later used by the traitorous Mr. Johnson to assassinate a big political figure. However, if I am to use this concept for the game then I need a MOC-up for the laser rifles' stats. I was hoping that maybe a few of you chummers could help me out. This thing is supposed to be way over powered, and extremely deadly. The kind of thing that can one-shot an old time tank runner.

忍:
Is this something you plan on putting into the hands of the PCs? If not just hand-wave the pewpews as one shot kills.

DeathStrobe:
Lasers suck at sniping because their damage value drops off with distance and environmental modifiers (like smoke).

Anyway, sounds like a plot level MacGuffin. Go with Tech's suggestion, it just one shots everyone and is magical, and breaks the normal rules of the game. It's a plot device, not a real weapon. Can't be mass produced for reasons and battery is limited to maybe a single shot per pack, and packs are impossible for PCs to make or recharge. Or not, whatever, it could spawn a whole lot of runs where Mr. Johnson tries to get the experimental death ray back.

The Dyslexic Won:
other options are a lower powered non-visible laser.  maybe a x-ray laser?

Tech:
So if the laser sniper rifle isn't a good idea - what would be? Do you think just some else way over powered would work instead?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version