NEWS

Weapon Mods and Melee weapons

• 19 Replies

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <02-07-16/0259:20> »
Just for your information, I posted the info on Dikote at http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23315.msg432377#msg432377
That's why I use Dikote on Arrow Heads, 7'' Nails or the occasional Combat Knife ;)

with a bargain Dance
Medicineman
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #16 on: <02-07-16/1215:37> »
What I'm saying is, you will get players (or GMs) that are that detail orientated that will make those arguments, and they are in fact valid ones. I wouldn't for the sake of time. I would prefer something like 2000*point of armor*metahuman modifier (1 for elf and human, .75 dwarf, 1.25 for orc, 1.5 troll) and something like 5k *reach (using .5 for zero reach) for melee. And something like +100 to base cost of arrows and throwing knives (per arrow or knife). With melee being more expensive mostly do to the fact that it increase both dv and ap verse just armor. Far more expensive for weapons, about equal for armored jacket, and fit more with how 5th calculates costs.
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <02-07-16/1920:00> »
What I'm saying is, you will get players (or GMs) that are that detail orientated that will make those arguments, and they are in fact valid ones. I wouldn't for the sake of time. I would prefer something like 2000*point of armor*metahuman modifier (1 for elf and human, .75 dwarf, 1.25 for orc, 1.5 troll) and something like 5k *reach (using .5 for zero reach) for melee. And something like +100 to base cost of arrows and throwing knives (per arrow or knife). With melee being more expensive mostly do to the fact that it increase both dv and ap verse just armor. Far more expensive for weapons, about equal for armored jacket, and fit more with how 5th calculates costs.
Still confused on your actual stance.  You say that some people might like more detail, then say you wouldn't for the sake of time.  Then you present something more complicated that you say you would prefer.  Who cares if it's that precise.  Want to use Dikote on a shorter sword? It's close to a katana, so treat it as such.  If you really wanted to keep it simple, it seems you'd like the original German rules as presented, as they are less complicated than your idea.  Your idea is fine, just more complicated and probably not really necessary.

Rift_0f_Bladz

• Ace Runner
  • Go big or DIE
« Reply #18 on: <02-08-16/0141:25> »
Then tell me using the German rules the price of a broad head for an arrow, also please do note the style, or brand because surface area will vary some. Mine might look more complicated, but covers more armors with out using bs cm2. While the rules are more relistic, it can take more time than it really should, especially for those that will metagame the crap out of stuff to save a dime. Or use a less realistic but also more general equation, like the one I suggested.

Example of what I mean:
Armored kilt (why kilt who cares) which is a flavored armored clothing in diote. After convering 6 yards to cm you get 548.64cm and since measurement for length varies per wearer we will go with 25cm from navel to mid of knee whifh 548.64x25=13716 cm2, for which dikote cost 1000/100cm2= 137160¥ for the traditional armored kilt, but not the jacket or anything else. Or using mine 6*2000*1 (human/elf) = 12000¥ for the armored kilt which is A) cheaper and B) a lot less math. Why would someone go through this much trouble you might ask? Because I am the type of person who enjoys knowing how much fabric is actually in a kilt.

So, yes while I do prefer simpler rules, if you say it cost X/cm2 then I will actually figure out what its actually surface area is using the closest real world example, hence the statement earlier about combat knives or swords are not the same size. And yes, I choose a kilt because there is more cloth in it than people realize, but luckily its a rectangle turned into a tube, unlike trying to deconstruct and measure a set of pants or jacket.
« Last Edit: <02-08-16/0147:44> by Rift_0f_Bladz »
Quote- Mirikon on 7/30/2019 at 08:26:51
Agreed. This looks like a 'training wheels' edition, that you can use to introduce someone to the setting, and then shift over to something like 5E or 4E. Like how D&D 5E is best used as training wheels for D&D 3.X.

Turned in Toxshaman for ¥1 million/4 once.

Strange

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <02-08-16/0246:34> »
Then tell me using the German rules the price of a broad head for an arrow, also please do note the style, or brand because surface area will vary some. Mine might look more complicated, but covers more armors with out using bs cm2. While the rules are more relistic, it can take more time than it really should, especially for those that will metagame the crap out of stuff to save a dime. Or use a less realistic but also more general equation, like the one I suggested.

Example of what I mean:
Armored kilt (why kilt who cares) which is a flavored armored clothing in diote. After convering 6 yards to cm you get 548.64cm and since measurement for length varies per wearer we will go with 25cm from navel to mid of knee whifh 548.64x25=13716 cm2, for which dikote cost 1000/100cm2= 137160¥ for the traditional armored kilt, but not the jacket or anything else. Or using mine 6*2000*1 (human/elf) = 12000¥ for the armored kilt which is A) cheaper and B) a lot less math. Why would someone go through this much trouble you might ask? Because I am the type of person who enjoys knowing how much fabric is actually in a kilt.

So, yes while I do prefer simpler rules, if you say it cost X/cm2 then I will actually figure out what its actually surface area is using the closest real world example, hence the statement earlier about combat knives or swords are not the same size. And yes, I choose a kilt because there is more cloth in it than people realize, but luckily its a rectangle turned into a tube, unlike trying to deconstruct and measure a set of pants or jacket.
If you read what I wrote you will note that I said your ideas seemed fine.  What I am confused on is why you keep saying you would like to keep it simple, then come up with confusing rules.  I would say 20 arrowheads is about the same size as a katana blade and call it done.  No biggie if you are just thinking out loud, just confusing to read.