NEWS

[Recruitment] First-Time GM Seeks Runners

• 59 Replies

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <01-30-13/0031:58> »
Hey Chron,

If you have your heart set on a mage, PM me and I can go Sniper/Face or Sniper/Medic
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

Chronicler

• Newb
« Reply #16 on: <01-30-13/0035:45> »
Nah, it's cool. You had first dibs. I'm thinking of playing a Face if that doesn't overlap too much with your shaman/face.

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <01-30-13/0055:02> »
Nah, it's cool. You had first dibs. I'm thinking of playing a Face if that doesn't overlap too much with your shaman/face.

Works for me, she's specialized into con/seduction, and manipulation/illusions with magic.

But having two decently skilled faces can be fun.
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix
"Hello, my name is Johnson, I would like to introduce you to my associates, Mr. Johnson, Mr. Johnson, and Mrs. Johnson."

nullnostalgia

• Newb
« Reply #18 on: <01-30-13/0923:58> »
Hey Chron,

If you have your heart set on a mage, PM me and I can go Sniper/Face or Sniper/Medic

If you want to do a sniper/medic, I can change out my doctor-sam for another samurai. I'm cool with that.

Parttimebuster

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <01-30-13/0947:05> »
Hey guys - a quick little update on my behalf. Guess what I got in the mail today!? MY very own Shadowrun 4E Book!

So I am glancing at it now, some history has changed the the "essence" is still there. I shouldn't have a problem at least whipping up a character no problem. I said before that I wanted to be a bit of a infultrator type, I guess thats more Street Sam. But looks like theres been a rising intrest in this game. So my two questions are this:

1) Am I playing in this first set of character running? Or because I didn't know definites before am I out for now. (Fine either way, I understand.)

2) If I am one of the first then what is my position. I really don't mind. I could also be a Rigger because I don't think anyone said that. I would just have to build one, and I never had done that position before so that might be fun.

All and all its up to WTF, so just shoot me a heads up.

PTB - Ed

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <01-30-13/1031:07> »
Hey whiskeytangofoxtrot how many player do you want? If you have room for one more then I would like join but I understand if you feel that five is enough players.

5 is enough, for now, but if you want to work up a character and submit it, I can keep your details a a spare should someone drop out?
Okay whiskeytangofoxtrot I am working on a Street Samurai right now that is strictly core book. I do have two questions however:
1 Will you be using the "Recoil and Strength" rule from Arsenal p.163?
2 Will you use the "Maximum Armor Modifications" rules from Arsenal p.44?

nullnostalgia

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <01-30-13/1032:17> »
Hey whiskeytangofoxtrot how many player do you want? If you have room for one more then I would like join but I understand if you feel that five is enough players.

5 is enough, for now, but if you want to work up a character and submit it, I can keep your details a a spare should someone drop out?
Okay whiskeytangofoxtrot I am working on a Street Samurai right now that is strictly core book. I do have two questions however:

So many samurais.

Ted Fast

• Newb
« Reply #22 on: <01-30-13/1044:39> »
So many samurais.
That's not really a problem seeing as I'm "siting in the dugout".

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #23 on: <01-30-13/1432:13> »
Just FYI Whiskey, the Way qualities are in The Way of the Adept on pg 13. Sorry about not specifying earlier, I didn't have my pdf's at the time I posted.

I'm also wondering if you'd allow Nimble Fingers, an Adept Power on pg. 179 of Street Magic (+1 Palming/actions involving sleight of hand, and pick up/put down object, remove/insert clip, and use simple object are treated as free actions) or the Martial Arts quality on pg. 156 of the second printing of Arsenal.
« Last Edit: <01-30-13/1507:48> by Padawan »
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Inconnu

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <01-30-13/1531:52> »
I'll join as a SURGE elf with 4 arms and a fatsuit* after I stat him up. And yes. He will quadruple wield. Modifiers go  on after the die pool is split, by the way. I might go crazy and give him wired reflexes, i dunno. And of course, I'll give him grenades. Let it never be said that the SURGE elf street sammy forgot the wonders of Chunky Salsa and Flashbangs.

*For some reason Autocorrect tried to turn it into catsuit..... :o

betterwatchit

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <01-30-13/1752:29> »
I haven't done a run before, and I was thinking of playing a mage. It's always a good idea to have someone with the Talent on a team!

whiskeytangofoxtrot

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <01-30-13/1817:18> »
So, to confirm:

Front Runners

Partttimebuster - Rigger?
Reiper - Face/Mage
Padawan-  Combat Adept
NullNostalgia - Minotaur Sammy
Comrade Wolf - Hacker

Stand-Ins

Chronicler - Face
Ted Fast - Sammy

Iconnu - your character sounds a little too min-max/special snowflake to me. If you want to throw up some background, feel free.

Betterwatchit - we might be able to use a backup Mage! Thro together a character and we'll see.

Also:
Just FYI Whiskey, the Way qualities are in The Way of the Adept on pg 13. Sorry about not specifying earlier, I didn't have my pdf's at the time I posted.

I'm also wondering if you'd allow Nimble Fingers, an Adept Power on pg. 179 of Street Magic (+1 Palming/actions involving sleight of hand, and pick up/put down object, remove/insert clip, and use simple object are treated as free actions) or the Martial Arts quality on pg. 156 of the second printing of Arsenal.

All fine by me. Got a particular MA you wish to use? I always wanted to make a character with either Firefight or Krav Maga...

1. Yes. It's a pretty good rule, but note that also means high-strength NPCs have the same advantage.
2. Also yes, to prevent you from buying a totally indestructible suit. Unless I state otherwise, or you have a decent reason for there being so much in one piece, etc.
« Last Edit: <01-30-13/1823:22> by whiskeytangofoxtrot »

Aryeonos

• Ace Runner
  • Resident hermaphrodite
« Reply #27 on: <01-30-13/1830:54> »
You guys still looking for runners?
Sic Zipper Tyrannosaurus!

Padawan

• Chummer
« Reply #28 on: <01-30-13/1836:27> »
All fine by me. Got a particular MA you wish to use? I always wanted to make a character with either Firefight or Krav Maga...

Great minds must think alike in that case! I'm going to use Krav Maga. :)
Speech
Astral
Thought
Matrix/Commlink

Reiper

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <01-30-13/1839:15> »
Will finish up my character when I get home tonight and repost her.
Talk
Thoughts
Astral
Matrix