NEWS

[IC] New Beginnings

• 1545 Replies

RHat

• Prime Runner
« Reply #30 on: <01-21-13/0612:33> »
Fionn starts speaking in staccato bursts, not clearly addressing anyone around him - as though an inner mental process is just erupting forth.

"Half the group.  Too many.  Can't be coincidence.  Has to be so.  Must be...  Why?  What for?  No team.  No gear.  No mission.  Motive.  Has to be motive.  Plan.  Plan for what?  Why here?  Where is here?  No memory.  Psychotropic?  Explains Fade.  Attack explains bruises.  Other injuries?  Hypothesis formed, must confirm."

Fionn's facial expression and body language change dramatically so that he almost seems semi-lucid now that he has something more to investigate, and he starts visually examining the other members of the group.  He's already noted O'Connor's bruises, and is seeking evidence to correlate to the idea that the group was attacked as part of a larger idea on what might be happening here.
"Speech"
Thoughts
Matrix <<Text>> "Speech"
Spirits and Sprites

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <01-21-13/0800:38> »
"Maybe not a bad plan," Sammy admitted, "now don't you guys move and don't touch my shoes."

She first summoned a watcher spirit to guard her body and warn her when her body was moved or attacked.  Then she lied down and went back into the astral for a look around.  She first stayed close to the site they had been found, going a bit in higher than the trees to have a better view of things. If she didn't see anything, she would slowly spiral out like the army consultant on Crash 2.0 had told her they did these things.  She looked for signs of civilization, a village or maybe a city.  Even a repeater tower for matrix access might be a good find.  If only half of the rumors about technomancers who couldn't find access were true, they needed that as well.

I summon a watcher for 1 hour.  I'll buy the hits for summoning and drain (I only need 1 hit on both).

Next I go scouting on the astral.  Normally things like villages will show clearly on the astral.  If I encounter a group of people without a village I'll report that as well.
intuition 3 + assensing 3 =6 (6d6.hits(5) =3)
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #32 on: <01-21-13/0803:29> »
As she's trying to cut the restraints on the remaining group, Clem looks at Fionn from the corner of her eye. "Clearly not every one of us is taking this well. She then made a mental note. "First he can't get a clue as to what I do, now he's mumbling gibberish to himself. Careful Clem, he's a rookie and if you depend too much on him, you might end up in worse shape than this."

She then turns around to look at Sammy for a moment. She squints her eyes, as if trying to remember something. "Sammy, have we met? For some reason, you look vaguely familiar. I feel like I've seen you somewhere before." Just then, Clem manages to go through the first set of restraints. She gently nudges the elf and moves over to work on the oriental man's zip restraints.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Thvor

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <01-21-13/0904:02> »
Sam stands up, rubbing his wrists where the restraints were. What the hell happened last night? Deciding that the mage seemed friendlier than the ork, he slowly started edging away from his former "companion", trying to make it look like he wasn't moving from fear of being ripped in half--which he could easily imagine her doing.

"Name's Sam. Sam Torley. Probably best if you call me Torley, or Tor, or something like that; too many people with the same name gets confusing."

Sam could see that Fionn was getting more and more upset. Damn, a techno with no 'net...that's not good. He seemed to like the sperethiel, though.... Switching languages again, he said to the elf, "Alright, chummer, you're ok. We're all in the same mess, and flipping out won't help. So you need to take a breath and calm down." Something shifted in his voice at the end, almost compelling the elf to obey.

[spoiler]Sam's unconsciously using his commanding voice on Fionn; from the RAW (street magic, page 176), it's an opposed test with the target's Willpower + leadership.
15d6.hits(5)=6

This ability is more along the lines of a "drop your weapon" thing, so the effects wear off very quickly, but hopefully it'll help...
[/spoiler]
Colors: Speech Thoughts Matrix Astral

Like sci-fi/fantasy? Check out my wife's books!

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <01-21-13/2119:59> »
The red headed elf has had enough, he has completely disconnected from the physical world, he is mouthing words and waving his hands and moving his fingers, but he is not making coherent sounds anymore, and whatever he is looking at, no one else can see it.

Sammy is also seeing things that no one else can, the lush woods teem with life energy and colors, as her form begins to circle the area.  As she moves through her sweep and covers more mountains, the life is more scattered, but somehow tougher.  Her sweeps continue, this alternating landscape making a clear signal of which direction they would need to move in the present state, these mountains are difficult terrain for those prepared for their dangers.  The forest hides a waterway at the bottom of the valley, and well down it's path, Sammy finds the first sign of something unnatural.  It is so striking in contrast to the life around it that it takes a moment to realize it is a bridge of some kind.

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #35 on: <01-22-13/0107:53> »
   Johnny was having the nightmare again. He was bound and trapped in a small closet like space. The nameless beast was just outside the tiny box and Johnny could hear it sniffing and scratching inches from his naked body. A man who has trained his entire life to control and temper himself whimpered aloud. There was a brief silence before the beast smashed into the box and Johnny felt a talon nip his wrist.
   His eyes snapped open ripping him from the nightmare and blinding him in the morning sun. His eyes darted around as he tensed and immediately realized he actually was bound but to someone else. So much assailed him at once: the long forgotten warmth of a naked body in front of him; the hands sawing at the bonds at his wrists; the birdsong!
   He closed his eyes attempting to center himself remembering words spoken to him as a child “One must react without reacting to conquer his true enemies, fear and ego.” He opened his eyes again calmly taking in his surroundings. The elven man he was tied to seemed to be unconscious but over the elf's shoulder was a ork female in the same state of dress as himself sawing at his bonds. He heard more people behind him speaking in English and another language he didn't recognize. To top it all off he felt as bruised as the time he had gotten in a street fight against ten gangers at once.
   He caught the ork's eyes and said in a very serious tone “I only have one question.” He grinned and raised a brow “Come here often?
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

Novocrane

• Ace Runner
« Reply #36 on: <01-22-13/1020:58> »
It took more than a moment for anything to really register; Soza must've offered him something good last night before he left the bar. Who did I go home with? Nothing came back, but Ikari probably wouldn't care who it was once he got dressed.

"Baby ... ? You left your stuff in the bed, and it's digging into me like rocks. Not cool. I told you last time about the heated massage oils and that new age music drek, too."

The moment the details all came together was almost dodged by falling asleep again, but for one. The pull of the zip restraint fell slack suddenly.

Then it came back. Nothing Soza would get his hands on could wipe out actually getting to the karaoke club and the afternoon preceding it. Tensing up before he realised any pretence of staying half asleep would be lost, Ikari rolled into a crouch. The first blink proved his suite wasn't online either. Not good. The second came involuntarily.

"You guys need better ways of recruiting for nudist camps."
« Last Edit: <01-22-13/1029:49> by Novocrane »

Gorean

« Reply #37 on: <01-22-13/1106:09> »
The duck tape ripping from across his eyes startles him awake.
Ooooow. Better not have fraking lost on eyebrow
Eyes opening a crack he catches sight of some bare feet moving off out of sight. A simple stretch he hopes will be mistaken for continued slumber moves him little, but not before the tired and pained shoulders communicate in no uncertain terms the state of his bondage.

Just wait a moment. You're naked, arms bound and lying on grass.
Take a breath and another. Join your mind to that breeze, and give it form.

<gentle laughter>Uh Uh Uh. Not today little one.</gentle laughter>[/orange]

Frak it, gotta pay more attention to spirits outside.
Plan B then.

Excuse me. I just can't reach that itch on my back, could someoone get that for me?
Oh and a soykaff, no sugar as well.

Oh yeah that's it sarcasm, that's never gotten you into trouble before.

[spoiler=Dice Rolls]
summoning gets 1 hit

Spirit resist with 3 hits

drain resist with 3 hits
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-22-13/1110:30> by Gorean »

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #38 on: <01-22-13/1148:06> »
The prey had finally been found.  The moon was still high when they were alerted to fresh meat in the woods, but without a spoor to track, frustration grew.  The small pack had almost given up the hunt for easier food when the ghost form took flight from this spire after sunrise.

Now the pack had them.  The albino bitch eyed her prey from the inside the treeline, saliva dripping as she considered so much soft moist flesh.  Back spikes pointed in anticipation, she howled, both to freeze the hearts of her victims and to signal the two dark males that the kill had begun…

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #39 on: <01-22-13/2235:47> »
As she's working on cutting that second restraint,  a chilling howl echoes from the woods. With lightning-fast reflexes, Clem's head looks up, suddenly fully aware of her surroundings. She quickly tells her companions of fortune to "brace yourselves, we've got company. Any mojo slingers should get behind me and start slinging fast. Can anybody take care of the ginger kid?"

She then tries to evaluate how much time she has before she has to get up and confront the beasts, trying to finish cutting the last restraints of the pair of men she had in front of her.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <01-22-13/2304:52> »
Two black missiles race out of the trees, closing half the distance and not slowing down.  Each one makes for the cluster of metahumanity, their intended targets apparent as fear threatens to overwhelm the psyches of Clementine and O’Connor.
(OOC resist 2 successes with a Willpower test or bolt) .

The alpha bitch follows at a trot, seemingly content to continue howling.
(OOC everyone in the field, including the male barghests, resist 2 success with Willpower or lose Reaction points Barghests resisting Alpha's Howl (3d6.hits(5)=1, 3d6.hits(5)=0),…or not)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #41 on: <01-23-13/0016:50> »
The black beasts unleash another wave of fear at their prey, in spite of feeling the nearly full of effect of their leader's paralyzing howl...

(OOC Critical glitch on Clem's attacker, Edge used to downgrade to a glitch, O'Connor's attacker gets 1 net success, resist or run

...one beast feels the effect more than the other.  The Awakened canine takes a rude tumble, and comes up limping badly and blooded, the momentum of his charge completely lost.  He will not soon strike as he intended, choicest meat now left to his brother, but he will still have blood and soon.

Necrogigas

• Ace Runner
« Reply #42 on: <01-23-13/0916:15> »
The howling sent chills down O'Connor's spine and something about these creatures made fear claw at his mind. He shock off the fear, but the fiery ork woman had already begun preparing to meet these things. He chastised himself, Dammit man, get your shit together. The badass is suppose to fearlessly spring into action first. He nodded to Clem, "I got 'im." He grabbed the ginger elf and started shaking him, "Dammit Red, pull yourself together! This is no time to go all bat shit crazy on us! SNAP! THE! FUCK! OUT! OF! IT!" Slaps punctuated his yelling at Red, but he didn't seem to be getting through to the elf. O'Connor grunted in exasperation, and just shoved him towards the trio of bound guys. He moved to stand by the ork woman, "Looks like its just you and me against those things." O'Connor took a defensive stance and waited.
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/0934:58> by Necrogigas »
"Speech" *Thought* <Matrix> ~Astral~

Characters

irisheathen

• Omae
  • "There is enough time to sleep when you're dead."
« Reply #43 on: <01-23-13/1156:12> »
At the sound of the howl Johnny thought he was still dreaming and his blood went cold. He locked eyes with the elf he was attached to "I really enjoyed this time we got to spend together but” he started pulling his arms over the elf’s head in an attempt to free them both.  “there seems to be giant killer dogs running at us which is always a mood killer.
« Last Edit: <01-23-13/1555:49> by irisheathen »
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
-H.L. Mencken (1880-1956)

Speech
Thoughts
Matrix Speech
Matrix <<Text>>

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #44 on: <01-23-13/1409:31> »
The creatures were charging towards them. As Clem heard O'Connor, she answered him, without ever looking away from the closest beast, "If we focus our attacks on the first one, we might take it down before the second makes it here. I hope someone can assist us with some mojo."
Self thought
Speech
Matrix