NEWS

Smite

• 58 Replies

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #15 on: <06-30-12/1218:13> »
True.
But before I was "under attack", it was a good way to find out if I had offended anyone by accident.
Log in, notice your rep dropped by one, check the things you wrote the day before and sometimes you'd find out that, yes, that might have been written in a "heat of the moment" state of the mind, or might have been misinterpreted or simply offending and you can apologize for it.

Now... *shrug*

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #16 on: <06-30-12/1221:52> »
Welcome back ;)

Duly appreciated. Now the challenge is to find a game.. :)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #17 on: <06-30-12/1222:59> »
Now the challenge is to find a game.. :)
How long have you been hunting?
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

Operator

• Omae
  • We own the night!
« Reply #18 on: <06-30-12/1228:11> »
Not long enough. I've skimmed the PbP threads for a week, and I'm also going to start looking for a game in the local area (Miami).

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #19 on: <06-30-12/1414:46> »
Not long enough. I've skimmed the PbP threads for a week, and I'm also going to start looking for a game in the local area (Miami).
I'm going on 20-years.

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #20 on: <07-01-12/0322:15> »
I'm going on 20-years.
but you can Gm i'v got nothing  :'(
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <07-01-12/1711:33> »
I'm going on 20-years.
but you can Gm i'v got nothing  :'(

I can play and GM.  :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #22 on: <07-01-12/1716:25> »

-20! You braggart!

Oh damned, no such button. Nevermind, I'll just glare at you angrily.
;)

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #23 on: <07-01-12/2031:45> »
Bastards the lot o' you!

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

redwolf

• Chummer
« Reply #24 on: <07-03-12/0410:44> »
Bastards the lot o' you!
i'll second that!
yes i'm red and it's not blood, and no i'm no comy i'm just red, so are you going for that pis' or going away!!!

Mason

• Ace Runner
  • You don't know as many spells as I do, omae!
« Reply #25 on: <07-03-12/0415:42> »
Enjoy the thread Xy.  I, personally, have no idea why your being smites.  This seems a recent event.  I've been picking up about 5 a day in the last week and I'm lost to why?

Is anyone else getting a ton of smites in the last week?

Ayup.

Nothing new on my side, but I'm pretty I know who and why... it's at least partially a case of certain board-members, who shall remain nameless in case I'm wrong, just deciding they don't like someone and smiting people every time they see their name, regardless of if there's any new "offense" or not.

For me it's also a case of momentum. People see I already have a "bad" rep, so they're less likely to Applaud and more likely to Smite,  making it worse.

I have noticed the astronomical climb of your negative rep. That is why i applaud you every time I see your name. Seriously, some people are pretty immature. Why is it ever worth it to go and smite someone every hour on the hour over one "offense"?

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #26 on: <07-03-12/0530:21> »
Heh. I don't see what the deal with getting smites is, honestly. Way I see it, if you're not sucking up to everyone, you're bound to piss a few people off. Just be you, and to hell with the people who hate it. It isn't like a rep score on an internet message board is going to ruin your life or anything.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Black

• Ace Runner
  • Rocking the Shadows since 1990
« Reply #27 on: <07-03-12/0534:13> »
Heh. I don't see what the deal with getting smites is, honestly. Way I see it, if you're not sucking up to everyone, you're bound to piss a few people off. Just be you, and to hell with the people who hate it. It isn't like a rep score on an internet message board is going to ruin your life or anything.

Man... just got home from a hell of day at work.  Boss says I'm not a team player because my smites are up and my applauds are down.  And I just caught my wife checking out Canray's posting count.  8,000+ with a 10:1 positive rep ratio.  Dudes got some seriously good... stats, if you know what I mean.  How the hell is a working slob like me going to compete?  *sigh*
Perception molds reality
Change perception and reality will follow
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4+hb+++B?UB+IE+W+sa+m-gmM--P

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #28 on: <07-03-12/0733:37> »

Man... just got home from a hell of day at work.  Boss says I'm not a team player because my smites are up and my applauds are down.  And I just caught my wife checking out Canray's posting count.  8,000+ with a 10:1 positive rep ratio.  Dudes got some seriously good... stats, if you know what I mean.  How the hell is a working slob like me going to compete?  *sigh*
You get applauded for that.

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
« Reply #29 on: <07-03-12/1507:03> »
Hey, don't hate the playa, hate the game.  ;D

#ThisTaserGoesTo11