NEWS

[Game in progress] PvP A Game of Bones.

• 106 Replies

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #15 on: <06-12-12/1634:54> »
HEy Silk :) you are much better in PR that I was, so maybe this would work :) feel free to use any part of it as inspiration...

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
  • Ask me about NERPS! 30% Sales!
« Reply #16 on: <06-12-12/1717:45> »
Bah, don't say things like that! I was actually really looking forward to totally clashing with LochKid in that Dinosaur Island game :)
You'll sign up for this game when/if it gets started?

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <06-13-12/0301:01> »
Thinking about character :)

Jackleg Rooster

• Newb
  • Five Point Palm Exploding Heart!
« Reply #18 on: <06-13-12/1847:16> »
i'd love to get in on something like this. have you thought about teams or team game types? maybe capture the flag (extract the scientist?) first to get him back to their safe house wins?

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <06-14-12/0540:29> »
i'd love to get in on something like this. have you thought about teams or team game types? maybe capture the flag (extract the scientist?) first to get him back to their safe house wins?

I did, actually :) But unless a respawn mechanic is implemented, CTF would just turn into "kill the rest and get the prize" anyways. Teams could be interesting but also harder to manage I think... going to start with a simple FFA and see how that goes :)

Sichr

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <06-14-12/0830:58> »
That would seem more like Urban Brawl. Real Urban Brawl, not that kind of tactical runs we are doing with Inca...I meant that real one with schedule, charts, bets, bookies, trid show and souvenirs...

Jackleg Rooster

• Newb
  • Five Point Palm Exploding Heart!
« Reply #21 on: <06-14-12/2009:44> »
kind of thinking this could turn into a stealth arms race. everyone goes invisible enough to bone the perception score of everyone without astral sight. i guess ultrasound could work for this too or does improved invisibility work against that too?

Sichr

• Prime Runner

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <06-19-12/1746:36> »
Pretty busy being sick and getting used to the new family situation, but since all the PbP's I'm in seem to have died, I'm going to start preparing for the first fight.

I kind of had been hoping on more input, but I suppose experience is the best teacher. For now, spirits are out. I'm allowing drones, will have to see if they'll be too problematic.

People who want in, post the name of your character here and PM me a basic description of what I can expect of the character. I don't want a full sheet yet; when I do I'll want a file from the Chummer Character Builder emailed to me. 
Character creation rules and houserules are in the first post.
I'm accepting 4 players, if more apply (I believe I had 5 expressing interest), I'll let you know who's in or out (decided by lots of different factors).

Oh yeah, an idea I had to counter campers or riggers hiding in a closet while the drones do the work: A compass indicating in which direction the other contestants are.
Every player gets a color, the compass won't show anything other than "Red: NNW, Green N, Yellow S SE".
Thoughts? Too easy or "handicap that counts for everyone"? Enough to eliminate the need of a exploding collar?

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <06-19-12/2204:33> »
but since all the PbP's I'm in seem to have died

>.<

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <06-20-12/0320:37> »
but since all the PbP's I'm in seem to have died

>.<

... I meant to continue with "for a short while until the ultra cool uber GM returns and advances the best game ever!", but then a volcano erupted, my kid got sick and I hurt my pinky, so I had to stop writing there!
Having a blast with the game, but you gotta admit it's seen a quicker pace in the past... slower too though :p

Xzylvador

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <06-20-12/1713:28> »
Okay, one thing I want everyone to vote on if they want in the game. Do you want:
A - A straight combat area, where stealth could be an option but straight-forward-guns-blazing-assault with Assault Cannons, Grenades, Tanks and a dozen combat Drones is just as good?
B - A "real life" area, which could be a residential area, airport, shopping mall, whatever; with people doing their thing, cops walking around and security drones or turrets at critical points?

If you choose B, I might still drop your character in option A just for fun & giggles;  change the scenery to keep things interesting. You might end up surprising yourself.
But if you make a character for A and I put you in situation B, chances are it'll cause widespread panic and alert security the second the game begins.
So I really need to know this. I don't really have a problem with the PM's I got so far. But the chars don't really seem viable for what I originally had in mind. So I guess we should have this vote first; the majority wins. I'm fine with running either.
« Last Edit: <06-20-12/1715:24> by Xzylvador »

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #27 on: <06-20-12/1730:03> »
I haven't yet had time to put a character concept in my mind and flesh it, so I'm guessing I won't be one of the first combat players...
Yet, if my vote is still valid after that, then I think option B is a lot more interesting. A whole lot more!

Sichr

• Prime Runner

vinnmun

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <06-21-12/0001:14> »
B
H0llister - Demo Team

Red: Matrix
Blue: Speech
Green: Thought