NEWS

New to Shadowrun

• 33 Replies

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <10-04-10/1522:53> »
Why not both ?
start with Latent awakening  (but than you should keep an Essence of (at least) 3)

For Cyberware You should take
Move-By-Wire 1 Alpha
Datajack & Displaylink Alpha
Maybe Cyberears with balance enhancer(not Alpha because its too expensive) ?

Bioware
Muscletoner 2
Cerebral Booster 2
Reflexrecorder (Infiltration,Crackinggroup and  Elektronicsgroup)

HokaHey
Medicineman
« Last Edit: <10-04-10/1525:35> by Medicineman »
http://english.bouletcorp.com/2013/08/02/the-long-journey/
---------------------------------------------------
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RYlAPjyNm8

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #16 on: <10-04-10/1619:36> »
If going with a hacker, I'd probably go with 'ware as well, since that's a bit easier to deal with than putting BP into magic to bet the powers. Remember, each point of Magic is 10 BP, which is the equivalent of 50,000¥.

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #17 on: <10-04-10/1650:16> »
Ok here comes some more newb where is move by wire I can't find it in the main book also can't find the display link. Thanks I could just be blind as well oh and how do I figure out the alpha were part

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #18 on: <10-04-10/1653:38> »
Move by Wire is in Augmentation, p. 40-41. If by Display Link, you mean Image Link, that's on p. 333 of Shadowrun 20th Anniversary (SR4A). It can be added to contact lenses, glasses, goggles or implanted on your eyes or come free with cybereyes.

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-04-10/1738:20> »
Also where is social chameleon which was mentioned earlier

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <10-04-10/1953:07> »
Well thinking about it some more I think he will probably be some sort of addict prolly an alcoholic. I am pretty sure I will stick with being an elf. He will be hacker/B&E guy with cyber and no magic potential. I was thinking for weapons maybe longarms most likely some type of sniper rifle as I would rather kill them without being seen. I picture him kind of as an angry loner that the team hired since they couldnt find anyone else to fit the bill. He has probably made his living by robbing and conning people anything to make a quick buck. Maybe he decided to work with the team because he thought Shadowrunners have a bigger chance at hitting the big payday. So if anyone has some ideas for this concept just remember I have to mostly stick to the main book please let me know if something you suggest isnt in there and where I can find it. Thanks you guys have been a tremendous help.

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #21 on: <10-05-10/0051:06> »
K this is what I have for my character so far. I do sincerely need help with gear but this should help show what I was thinking.

Elf
Body  3    Agility  4   Reaction  3   Strength   2   Charisma   6 Intuition  5   Logic  5  Willpower  3  Edge  3

Skills:
Cracking Group 3   Electronics Group  3   Influence Group  3  Infiltration   3   Longarms(Shotguns/Sniper unsure which to go with+2)  1
Gymnastics(parkour+2) 1   Dodge     2      Perception    1    Pilot Ground Craft     1

Negative Qualities:
Moderate Alcohol Addiction  +10
Day Job  +10
Lost Loved One(Wife)  +5
Dependant(Child)  +10
Positive Qualities:
First Impression 5

I haven't bothered with figureing out my knowledge skills yet, and the GM has decided to give us some free contacts so we dont have to waste our points on them. Like mentioned before I could really use some help in buying equipment as the whole program bit is a little confusing along with figureing out how to make a personal comlink for hacking. I do have 50 points left to buy the equipment. I do plan on getting cybered up. Thanks again guys for helping me get this far.
« Last Edit: <10-05-10/0843:03> by Snack Happy »

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <10-05-10/0245:53> »
Oh ,by-the-way
I'm translating by Memory so there might be some slight misunderstandigs (like Display link= Image Link)
and also my char creation is by Memory ,so If there are some miscalculartions ....sorry in Advance

Connections
A Fixer (most important)
an Info Hacker or Info Dealer
A Streetdoc
are very important and Helpfull

Skills
You (badly) need Infiltration !
Perception and Dodge might also be helpfull (or you rely on Acrobatic Dodge which is in the Athletic Group)
Skip 1 Point from the Influence group and raise individual Skills later.
You won't be needing Leadership 3 (f.E)
and with the Group at 2 and CHA 6(& first Impression) it's a pool of 8(10) Dice enough for a starter

what about latent awakening ?

HokaHey
Medicineman

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <10-05-10/0848:00> »
I decided to just make my guy a straight mundane with some cyber as opposed to going with latent awakening.  I made some changes to the build as goes.  I took off the group of stealth and just bought infiltration 3 dodge 2 perception 1 and pilot ground craft 1. As my character is built now I have 21 free points for contacts seeing as we add the social skills charisma and edge to get the number. I also have 50 points left on gear which I think is where I am really lost on what is a need/desire. Thanks again though for all your help.

Medicineman

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <10-05-10/0908:03> »
Its been a pleasure :)

Hough
Medicineman

Kontact

• Prime Runner
  • You called?
« Reply #25 on: <10-07-10/0742:13> »
While pistols are by and large the weapon of choice for sneaky fraggers, don't necessarily count out long arms or automatics if you're looking for that to be part of your guy's shtick.

For instance, there are Machine pistols for automatics, which are 4P weapons with auto-fire capability for increased damage.  Those have a concealment modifier of +2, which means that, under a long coat, it's a straight-up test between your Palming + Agility and their Intuition + Perception.

On the long arm front, there's the Defiance T-250 sawed off.  It starts off with a concealment modifier of +2, does 5P -1AP and uses heavy pistol ranges (and choke rules.)  Throw a sling on it, and now it's 0 conceal, just like a heavy pistol.  In fact the only difference between it and a heavy pistol at this point is that it's a 7 round magazine fed weapon that can use specialized shotgun rounds, which is pretty useful for breaching doors with shock-lock rounds.

Picture a belt of assorted shells.  You have Stick-'n'-shock, Explosive, Ex-Explosive, Sub-sonic, Shock-lock, Fletchette, Slugs, Double-aught buckshot,  APDS, everything you could need for any situation.  Situation arises, you take a Complex action to load [Agility] rounds into the gun, and those shells are the ones that come up first.
So, you're sneaking about where you're not supposed to be when you come across a lone ganger doing a line of Novacoke off a fresh corpse.  You load in a couple of sub-sonics just to make this whole thing whisper-quiet.  Pam. Pam.  Ganger is toast, but there's something sparkling in your vision!  A spirit materializes!
You go, "Oh no!  A Guh-guh-guh-GOHST!" break for cover and slot two stick-n-shock rounds into your magazine.
Ghost rounds the corner right into your held action to fire two shockers right into its puss.  That ghost won't be haunting any more amusement parks.  You walk up to the door to the warehouse where the macguffin is stored, but, oh what the hell, the door is barred from the inside.  No amount of hardware or lockpicks is going to break the hinges off this sucker.  In go the shock lock shells and splat go the hinges.  Subtlety be dammed, if a hobo with a shotgun can clean up the streets so well, they better watch out when a runner with a shotgun shows up to the party!

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #26 on: <10-07-10/1857:52> »
Wow that sounds really cool and almost makes me want to go and change my character again to add the shotgun because that was my original thought but I didnt know it had all those options. I guess to change it all back to shotguns Ill have to make the mercury comet a honda spirit again.

Mach

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <10-07-10/1901:58> »
what? no big D rounds and ceramic barrel?

Snack Happy

• Newb
« Reply #28 on: <10-07-10/1912:29> »
Yet another question where and what are the "choke rules"

hazmat the monstar

• Chummer
  • www.hazmatthemonstar.com
« Reply #29 on: <10-07-10/2102:37> »
I suggest a combat hacker, since nobody wants to compromise and come up with a new character. You will be severely limited if your team can't hack. Perhaps your gamemaster should show you guys the first chapter of Runner's Companion. you need versatility omae...