NEWS

[OOC] The Road to Redmond

• 915 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« on: <09-04-10/1751:46> »
House Rules:

1. When you roll defense for grenades, you just move your character X meters away from the blast point depending on the number of hits you got on your defense test (which is at -2) and in the direction you can choose.

2. The only way to sneak up on someone and attack them without them getting a defense roll is to win a surprise test.  If you win an infiltration test, or they fail a perception test, that just gives you a +3 to surprise roll...not an automatic sneak attack.  If it's truly an ambush where you are lying in wait, then it's a +6.  I'll say those who are surprised can delay their 1st IP action until 2nd IP and then be able to act, but you do lose your 2nd IP action if you had one.  This means 1IP'ers don't have to go a whole combat turn without a good solid action before you can act again.

3.  If friend is in melee range (2m) of a target or I deem that based on peoples relative locations you can hit a teamate with friendly fire when you take a shot, then the friend has to roll a:
    SS, SA or NSB: Edge+Reaction(1) if attacker fails on attack roll.
    WSB and NLB: Edge+Reaction(1) even if attacker hits target.
    WLB and NFA: Edge+Reaction(2) even if attacker hits target.
    WFA: Edge+Reaction (3) even if attacker hits target.

Glitch on this test would mean a heavy injury as in Augmentation.  These tests are only for FRIENDLY FIRE meaning you can't use them to try to attack multiple targets indirectly without getting the penalties for trying to hit multiple targets.

With SS, SA, you can avoid hitting a friend with friendly fire by using a Simple action to do a Take Aim and you still get the +1 bonus.

4. To change your state of Cover:  none, partial, good or full, you have to spend a free action to go in between any of these options.  If you are under partial, or good you get the standard -2 to ranged attack.  If you are under full then it can only be done with an indirect attack or total blind fire with an additional -2.  So this would mean if i'm behind a corner under full cover and without a smartgun, if I poke my gun around the corner and shoot, then that's a -8 total on an Agility + Intuition test.

5.  The number of meters moved/ IP = (how man meters you move in a combat turn) / (# of IP's in Turn) and round normally.  So 3 IP CT would be 7m/IP for dwarves, 8m/IP for humans, 12m/IP for trolls.  You need to spend a free action to increase your movement mode.  This means if you have to do an action that stops your running, then you have to spend a free to start again.  Any special movement maneuvers might be possible with a certain test decided by GM.

7.  If you want to infiltrate someone who can hear you, going at your running speed incurs a -2 dicepool modifier, sprinting incurs a -3 dicepool modifier.  If the perceiving character is only using visual, then these penalties don't apply.

8.  In order to burn Edge you need to have that point your gonna burn still in your EDGE POOL.  So if your Edge pool is empty, then you have no Edge to burn and if you die, you die.  So that last point of Edge is a real big decision you gotta make. 

9.  If you manage to gain astral perception through some mechanism (i.e. deepweed, through a mental link, etc.) I'll allow you to default on Assensing to Intuition - 1.  These is you're regular ol' "perception" test on the astral plane to "see" stuff.  You can't gain any of the info on the Assensing Table SR4A pg. 191 through defaulting though. 

Road to Redmond II OOC begins here.

First Karma pit stop for Road to Redmond I

Final Karma give-out for Road to Redmond I

First Karma pit stop for Road to Redmond II

Second Karma pit stop for Road to Redmond II
« Last Edit: <12-27-11/2029:56> by inca1980 »

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #1 on: <09-04-10/1851:28> »
Got any input as to what sort of characters you're looking for?  Magic heavy, magic light, just sort of generic Shadowrunners, folks with gang or syndicate affiliations, any particular skillsets?  A mix of combat, magic, tech, and social characters, or a group that's leaning more heavily to one extreme or another?

Inquiring minds want to know!

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #2 on: <09-04-10/1917:29> »
Good question....basically I would say that the runners should be well rounded and detective work will be just as important as combat skills.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #3 on: <09-04-10/2059:40> »
Hmmm... got an idea for a face, but was wondering about having a Group Contact (Runner's Companion, p. 124) with the Laésa (Seattle, p. 180). How big should the group be? Their the elven exiles/crime family in Puyallup who helped orchestrate the Princes in Tir being overthrown. I wasn't looking at knowing the entire group, probably just one faction (so, the small size: 2-19), and only have the district Area of Influence. But I'm not sure about the magical/matrix assets.

If you can give me an idea of what you think their Modified Connection rating would be, it's determine whether or not I'd use them.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #4 on: <09-04-10/2124:34> »
I'll say that for a local chapter of Laesa it would be Membership:+4 Area:+1 Magic:+1 Matrix:+1....total=+7 And for the organization as a whole it would be Membership:+6, Area:+4 Magic:+1 Matrix:+2....total=+13

So i would say the max connection for this campaign would be 14BP spent on connection rating for a group contact. 

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #5 on: <09-04-10/2130:30> »
I'll say that for a local chapter of Laesa it would be Membership:+4 Area:+1 Magic:+1 Matrix:+1....total=+7 And for the organization as a whole it would be Membership:+6, Area:+4 Magic:+1 Matrix:+2....total=+13

So i would say the max connection for this campaign would be 14BP spent on connection rating for a group contact. 
Thanks!

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #6 on: <09-04-10/2206:29> »
I would be interested, not entirely sure what I'd make for this, just yet.

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #7 on: <09-04-10/2226:18> »
Hey inca, you might want to change the title of the post to [OOC] and add a planning tag to it...

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #8 on: <09-05-10/0023:04> »
Name: Haydée Vega
Alias: Mercedes
Race: Elf
Sex: Female
Nationality: Latina
Lifestyle: Middle (2 months paid)
Karma Spent: 96 {12 banked}
Initiate Grade: 1 (13 Karma spent)
Metamagic: Masking (Assensing + Intuition against Intuition + Magic + Initiate [10 dice])
Physical Description: Dusky skin with platinum hair, green eyes. Dresses fashionably to impress the drek out of the Johnsons. (Kinda like Morena Baccarin)
Personality/background Born in Aztlan, she and her elf mother migrated to Seattle in 2061 when Mercedes was 11. They tried to get into Tir Tairngire, but were refused, leading to their becoming connected with the Laésa. Her mother did the odd data runs for the group, but Mercedes decided the only way to really control your fate in the shadows was to dictate the rules. When she awakened at 14 with the abilities to charm those around her, she zeroed in an honed those abilities into a razor's edge. Establishing contacts as she played 'tagalong' on some runs, she take the pragmatic view that it's easier to get in and out using words instead of bullets.

"When you start shooting, somebody will wind up dead. And from all I've seen, it usually turns out to be the person that first started firing."

Attributes

BodyAgilityReactionStrength
CharismaIntuitionLogicWillpower
EdgeMagicEssenceInitiative

Positive Qualities
Physical Adept (5 bp); First Impression (5 bp)
Negative Qualities
Pacifist (RC p107, -5 bp; actively avoids needless violence and will not kill unless in self-defense) - 10 Karma buyout

Active Skills
Influence Skill Group5
--Con (Kinesics +3, Improved Ability +1, total +4)5 [9]
--Etiquette (Kinesics +3, Improved Ability +2, total +5)5 [10]
--Leadership (Kinesics +3)5 [8]
--Negotiations (Kinesics +3)5 [8]
Stealth Skill Group1
Computers (Commlink +2)1 [3]
Pistols (Semi-Automatics +2)2 [4]
Pilot Groundcraft1
Dodge3
Assensing (Enhanced Perception +1)3 [4]
Perception (Enhanced Perception +1)1 [2]
Gymnastics (Dance +2)3 [6]
Knowledge Skills (21 free points)
Philosophy (Academic)2
History (Academic)2
Aztechnology (Street)4
Music (Interest)3
Wine (Interest)2
Language Skills
SpanishN
English3
Sperethiel3
Japanese2
Or'zet2

Adept Powers
PowerCostNotes
Astral Perception1SR p195
Enhanced Perception (L1).25SR p195
Improved Ability (Con, L1).25SR p196
Improved Ability (Etiquette, L2).5SR p196
Kinesics (L3)1.5SR p196
Voice Control.5SR p197
Commanding Voice.25RC p176 (Charisma+Leadership vs Willpower+Leadership to make forceful command to target/s)
Cool Reserve (L2).5RC p176 (+2 to die pool when defending against Opposed Social Active Test)
Linguistics.25RC p177 (Learn new language with Magic*2 hours of contact [1 rank free, no karma paid])

Gear (18,275¥ + 6,700¥ Vehicle; 5 bp)
Morrisey Élan (w/20 rounds Ammo; Arsenal, p20-21)550¥
Cavalier SafeGuard (w/6 Ammo; Arsenal, p20)300¥
Silver bullets (20 rounds)500¥
Half-Body Suit FFBA (4/1; Arsenal p48)900¥
Stylish Leather Jacket (2/2; SR p326-327)700¥
Stylish Clothing (AR Feedback enabled; SR p326-327)1,000¥
Commlink (Sony Emperor w/Mangadyne Deva, Basic+; SR p328)1,900¥
  -(Res 2, Sig 3, Fire 2, Sys 3, Analyze-3, Browse-3, Command-1, Edit-3; SR p232)
Contacts (R3, Flare Comp, Image Link, Vision Enh R2, SR p332-333)425¥
Tag Eraser (SR p330)150¥
Fake SIN (R3 - Morena Baccarin ID; SR p332)3,000¥
Fake License (R3; SR p332)300¥
Fake SIN (R6 Saffron Reynolds ID; SR p332)6,000¥
Fake License (R6; SR p332)600¥
AR Gloves (SR p328)250¥
Medium Lifestyle (2 months, 1,600¥ starting nuyen)10,000¥
Medium Lifestyle (5 months)25,000¥
Contacts (R3, Flare Comp, Image Link, Smartlink)725¥
Internal Smartgun upgrade to Morrissey Élan550¥
Electro Shocker Safety System to Élan500¥
Walther Secura Kompakt (Smartgun version)600¥
Electro Shocker Safety System to Walther500¥
FFBA (Full-Body 6/2, Nonconductivity R6, Fire Resistance R6)3400¥
Zoe Moonsilver Scarf (+1/0)1000¥
Lipstick (Chemical Cosmetic dosed with Warp, 20 doses)12,500¥
5 Flash-Bangs150¥
5 HE Grenades225¥
5 Thermal Smoke Grenades165¥
Medkit (R6)600¥
5 Stim Patches (R6)750¥
5 Tranq Patches (R6)600¥
5 Trauma Patches2500¥

Total Armor: 7/2 (Enc 4/1)
Weapons: Taser 5S(e); Gun 4P
Cred: 3,700¥

Vehicles
Evo Pegasus (similar to Thundercloud Contrail; Arsenal p108)
HandlingAccelSpeedPilotBodyArmorSensorAvailabilityCost
120/401801641-5,000¥
Vehicle Enhancements
  - Run flat tires (500¥; Arsenal p106)
Vehicle Modifications
  - Anti-Theft (1,200¥; Arsenal p132)
Contacts
ContactC/L
Laésa (Group contact; RC p124)2 (9)/3
Fixer (SR p290)Diego Guerin - Latino ork fixer, has ties to media and politics4/2
Corporate Wage Slave (RC p137)Tiff Hirot - Human wageslave working for Aztechnology Seattle2/2
Bartender (SR p289)Joey - Human bartender at Underworld 93 club.2/1
Johnson (SR p291)Mr. Grey - Human, unknown real name. Strictly a business relationship.2/2
Hannibal2/5
[spoiler]

All right. Let me know what you think!

Edit:Almost forgot the Build Point totals:  400 = 30 (elf) + 10 (PosQual) - 5 (NegQual) + 195 (Phys/Ment Abilities) + 10 (Edge) + 40 (Magic) + 86 (Skills) + 5 (Gear) + 29 (Contacts)
Edit-2:My math's been bugging me on this and I didn't realize why until I quadruple-checked it and realized I hadn't added in the 2BP for skill specialization. So, I removed the Motorcycles Specialization and lowered Perception to just 1 to get the BP total right. Sorry 'bout that! (that'll teach me to build characters when I should be going to bed...)
Edit-3:Update after Karma and Gear. (15 Karma, 12,500¥)
13 Karma to Initiate
Edit-4:End of Road to Redmond (45 Karma + 14 Banked, 12,500¥):
Purchased Dancin' with the Simstars! Tutorsoft (Gymnastics Rating 5) - 2,500¥
Instruction roll - Dancin' with the Simstars [Gymnastics Tutorsoft - Rating 5] (10d6.hits(5)=3) Adds +1 to my Extended test (2, 1 week) to learn Gymnastics.
Learning Gymnastics - Intuition [4] + Instruction [1] (5d6.hits(5)=1) - 1 week
Learning Gymnastics - Intuition [4] + Instruction [1] (5d6.hits(5)=0) - 2 weeks (damn cha-cha)
Learning Gymnastics - Intuition [4] + Instruction [1] (5d6.hits(5)=2) - 3 weeks Success! 4 Karma spent
Specialization Dance for Gymnastics skill - 2 Karma
Increase Gymnastics (1->2) Extended Test (4, 1 week)
Instruction Dancin' with the Simstars Rating 5x2 [10] (10d6.hits(5)=5) Adds +2 to Extended Test
Increasing Gymnastics - Intuition [4] + Gymnastics (Dance) [3] + Instruction [2] (9d6.hits(5)=3) - 1 week
Increasing Gymnastics - Intuition [4] + Gymnastics (Dance) [3] + Instruction [2] (9d6.hits(5)=2) - 2 weeks Success! 4 Karma Spent
Increase Influence Skill Group (4->5) Extended Test (5, 1 month)
Increasing Influence - Intuition [4] + Influence [4] (8d6.hits(5)=3) - 1 month
Increasing Influence - Intuition [4] + Influence [4] (8d6.hits(5)=1) - 2 months (Edge Reroll (7d6.hits(5)=2)) - Success! 25 Karma spent
Increasing Influence - Intuition [4] + Influence [4] (8d6.hits(5)=4) - 3 months Success! 25 Karma spent
Increase Or'zet Language (1->2) Extended Test (4, 1 week)
Increasing Or'zet - Intuition [4] + Influence [1] (5d6.hits(5)=2) - 1 week
Increasing Or'zet - Intuition [4] + Influence [1] (5d6.hits(5)=2) - 2 weeks Success! 2 Karma spent
Increase Japanese Language (1->2) Extended Test (4, 1 week)
Increasing Japanese - Intuition [4] + Influence [1] (5d6.hits(5)=1) - 1 week
Increasing Japanese - Intuition [4] + Influence [1] (5d6.hits(5)=1) - 2 weeks
Increasing Japanese - Intuition [4] + Influence [1] (5d6.hits(5)=2) - 3 weeks Success! 2 Karma spent
Increase Assensing (2->3) Extended Test (6, 1 week)
Increasing Assensing - Intuition [4] + Assensing [2] + Enhanced Perception [1] (7d6.hits(5)=1) - 1 week (Edge Reroll (6d6.hits(5)=3))
Increasing Assensing - Intuition [4] + Assensing [2] + Enhanced Perception [1] (7d6.hits(5)=1) - 2 weeks
Increasing Assensing - Intuition [4] + Assensing [2] + Enhanced Perception [1] (7d6.hits(5)=3) - 3 weeks Success! 6 Karma spent
Increasing Assensing - Intuition [4] + Assensing [2] + Enhanced Perception [1] (7d6.hits(5)=4) - 4 weeks Success! 6 Karma spent
Increase Pistols (1->2) Extended Test (4, 1 week)
Increasing Pistols - Intuition [4] + Pistols [1] (5d6.hits(5)=1) - 1 week
Increasing Pistols - Intuition [4] + Pistols [1] (5d6.hits(5)=3) - 2 weeks Success! 4 Karma spent
6 Months spent training skills
2 Months Medium lifestyle was pre-paid, need 5 months = 25,000¥. She has 10,425¥ in the bank. She came up a 3 months short:
Missed Lifestyle Payment (1d6.hits(2)=1) - Phew! Her credit's good (and she sweet-talked her landlord).
Missed Lifestyle Payment - 2nd Month (1d6.hits(3)=0) - Nuts... Lost the apartment. Down to a Low lifestyle, which costs 2,000¥ she doesn't have. Let's see if she convinces her new landlord that the check's in the mail...
Missed Lifestyle Payment - 1st Month (Low) (1d6.hits(2)=1) - Yep, landlord believes the story that her ex owes her a bunch of money and she just needs a couple of weeks to wring it out of him.
But she's definitely in trouble. 11,575¥ in the hole, and the credit card companies are starting to call...

Using Advanced Lifestyles, she cuts back on everything but her Neighborhood:
Comforts:2She had to sell off some furniture (good bye queen-sized pillowtop, hello full-sized futon) and has to get by washing dishes by hand instead of having a drone.
Entertainment:1No more wine-bars and tickets for the latest show. Now it's cheap beer and pirate TriD
Necessities:2Missed a couple utility payments, downgraded her wireless access and there's a lot more soy in her meals then she's used to.
Neighborhood:3Hanging on the to the apartment by the skin of her teeth.
Security:2It's not that the building's any less secure than before, but the SecGuards haven't been as polite and their response time is waaaay down.
This lowers her monthly cost to 2,000¥. She needs 4 months during training and she has 10,425¥ in the bank. That leaves her with 2,425¥ left.
Edit 5Update - 14 Karma
Increase Dodge from 2 to 3
Increase Gymnastics (Dance) from 2 (4) to 3 (5)
Edit 6Updated gear and karma from downtime
[/spoiler]

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #9 on: <09-05-10/0133:49> »
"When you start shooting, somebody will wind up dead. And from all I've seen, it usually turns out to be the person that first started firing."
Makes me wanna make a straight-up shooter, street sam/muscle type, just to contrast.

"Then you must not hang out with good shots.  From all that I've seen, it's much better to shoot first than second."   ;D

FastJack

• Administrator
  • Prime Runner
  • Kids these days...
« Reply #10 on: <09-05-10/0135:46> »
Makes me wanna make a straight-up shooter, street sam/muscle type, just to contrast.

"Then you must not hang out with good shots.  From all that I've seen, it's much better to shoot first than second."   ;D
Yeah, I know that somebody's going to be on the other side of that quote, but it fits SOOO well with the Pacifist Negative Quality.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #11 on: <09-05-10/0141:58> »
Hmm...y'know, I've actually got a Laesa guy.  Smuggled when he was a kid, did some prison time, got a "work release" program as an Urban Brawler, then fell into the Seattle shadows (trading his brush with fame as an Outrider for the Sioux's Lakota Arrows for the chance to work for the Elven syndicate).  Wouldn't make the worst bodyguard/wheelman for a social Adept, now that I think about it.    ;)
« Last Edit: <09-05-10/0145:11> by Critias »

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <09-05-10/1104:03> »
Cool, so we have a great face...who can also see astral.  Now let's get 2 more players, maybe 3 if there's the demand....and then we'll start it up.
Roster thus far:
-Mercedes (player: Fastjack)

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <09-05-10/1828:02> »
Working on it, but...think mine will be a ex-Knight Errant detective/forensics type.

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <09-05-10/1937:38> »
@Sludig
That sounds really cool....it'd be nice to get this thing started tomorrow, so do we have anyone else?  Also keep in mind if you have the time/motivation to check posts regularly if you want to participate.
« Last Edit: <09-05-10/1939:33> by inca1980 »