Author Topic: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart  (Read 9981 times)

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #60 on: (09:21:21/10-15-10) »
(first I'm going to make a knowledge seattle crime syndicates test. Int 4 + Knowledge 4 8d6.hits(5)=2)

"I'll give some of my underworld contacts a call."

I call up Kael my contact in the Ancients and ask if he knows of anybody named O'Leary and a describe him to Kael.

I also call up my bodyshop guy and inquire about the work done on O'Leary and his Street Samurai Bodyguard.

While doing this i jump on my bike to follow Kali.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

Devil

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #61 on: (14:32:50/10-15-10) »
The Verge, east of Touristville, is a section of the Redmond area that was damaged by the volcanic eruption that occurred nearby. Promises were made about rebuilding the area, however, the promises were empty. Now a number of particularly gangs struggle for control over the area. Crime organizations, such as the Yakuza and Mafia, compete to provide the area with black market goods, which the residents could not survive without.

Your bodyshop contact can only tell you about O'Leary's teeth. Seems he has some sort of morbid fascination with predator and prey, survival of the fittest, and various insane philosophies. He's a ruthless man who views the murder of others as the natural order of things.

Kael has never heard of O'Leary, but offers to keep his ears open. The Ancients, and elves in general, do not have a strong presence in Redmond. There aren't a ton of metahumans there (Ever since the Night of Rage), but the largest metahuman population in that area is Orks.

You don't think you've heard of O'Leary being a part of any organization. You just heard of the guy tonight though, so who knows.

None of your contacts know anything about a bodyguard with dermal sheathing.

There's a really sketchy motel a few blocks away. There's also some Fast Food and Diners still open. Bars in this part of town are open long hours; sometimes all night. Kali and Belial (Probably) live relatively nearby, both either in or near Touristville. Santero (Probably) lives a bit further away (like in or near the Plastic Jungle).

((OOC: You have the final word on where you live. You are currently in Touristville, Redmond. The nicer slums of Seattle. Generally speaking, the rest of Redmond is alot worse. Santero, the plastic jungle seems the best place for your community, but it's up to you. Kali, if you were thinking you lived in a more natural environment, the plastic jungle might work for you too.

Now I'm just telling you a couple options. If you want to find an abandoned building, a swanky nightclub, a back alley, or anything else, then you can do that. Or if you have contacts in the area you can ask them to let you drop by. Whatever. :) ))

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #62 on: (19:18:10/10-15-10) »
"Nowhere near my doss.  So up to you guys."
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #63 on: (20:01:20/10-15-10) »
Lets head over to this motel I know of.  I am sure we can get a less infested one for a bit o time.  *Kali starts driving over to the motel about 4 miles out from where they are* 

* Kali also calls up Terry her fixer contact as she drives out*

Hey Terry my favorite good time, how are you tonight?  I am looking for some intel on a hard chummer.  Wondering if you can help me out.  A good dinner for 2 is in it for you if you can find some good drek on him.  I think he is testing my little team of outcasts for something bigger and just want to survive his test.  His name is O'Leary, man with metal teeth and a body guard with dermal sheeting on him.  Ya know anything or can ya do some digging for me?

*I am using my etiquette on this to talk him into doing some digging for me.  Charisma of 5 Etiquette of 3 <a href="http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2726197/">8d6.hits(5)=2</a> 8d6.hits(5) → [3,3,2,4,4,3,5,5] = (2) *

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #64 on: (22:43:26/10-15-10) »
Follows Kali
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

Devil

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #65 on: (09:26:45/10-17-10) »
You drive towards the motel, making good time, but passing right by a knight errant armored patrol unit. They pay you no attention, as far as you can tell.

Not many people out and about tonight. It doesn't snow real often, but, when it does, the majority of people around Seattle fear having to drive in it. There is a black smoke blowing through the air, probably from a burning building somewhere nearby.

You pull into the walled parking lot of the "Sleep Inn" motel. This is the kinda place with bars on the windows and several locks on the doors. The office is off to the side and the light is on, though, from where you are you cannot see anyone at the counter.

A dark figure looms above you on the motel's second story walkway, smoking a cigarette and watching you as you pull in. From what you can tell, you might guess it to be a male human or ork in an overcoat and hat.

@Kali
Terry: "Got yourself a deal. Hold on." *Pause* " Metal teeth, huh? Okay. Well this may take a few. I'll call you back when I've got something. I gotta go. I've got another call. Bye."
« Last Edit: (09:32:18/10-17-10) by Joker »

TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #66 on: (14:59:58/10-17-10) »
Thanks Terry

*Parks Bike and heads over to the office. Rings bell if there is one knocks on door otherwise*


cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #67 on: (00:02:47/10-18-10) »
Belial pulls his AK and makes a show of standing guard while Kali goes into the office.  He also flips his cybereyes to low light vision and takes a better look at the figure standing above the team.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html