Author Topic: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart  (Read 9982 times)

Devil

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
[IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« on: (22:11:32/09-28-10) »
It's dark out now. The city's lights illuminating the snow as it falls from night skies to blanket the asphalt parking lot below. It's a normal tavern, a bit run down but the staff are nice enough for this part of town. A big red neon sign out front reads "RESTAURANT", it's warm glow reflecting off of a few vehicles. Smoke and old jazz fills the mood lit room.

It's been a long day. The job went nice and easy. Just a security gig. The usual trade-off of stolen goods for cred chips. High risk and low pay, but business has been slow. It's always slow in East Redmond, seems like. Every crook and runner around here has dreams of making that big score, but it never seems to come along.

The three of you sit in a padded booth, gathered around a table, talking as you wait. Jim is supposed to be here any time now with the cred. Says he's got big news. You haven't known him long, but so far he seems pretty on the level. Jimmy "Nine Fingers" is a fence, as well as your contact for the job.

An older black gentlemen in a sweater approaches the table, asking you if you know what you want to order and offering a warm smile. Behind him you can see Jim unceremoniously bursting through the door as he awkwardly flips his scarf back into place. He squints and surveys the diner, searching for you.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
((OOC: Some info. You've worked together before once or twice, but this was the first time all of you have worked together at the same time. Until today you had never had the chance to speak much, so you do not know eachother well.

If you have any questions at all I'd be happy to answer them.

Just know that there are no tracks in this game. I wont punish you for doing something I don't expect. Just try to roleplay your characters somewhat realistically. And remember if I do something wrong you should call me on it.))
« Last Edit: (00:40:39/09-29-10) by Joker »

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #1 on: (23:25:12/09-28-10) »
Belial looked up at the waiter.  "Beer, whatever you have that is cold."  He looked a Jim and shook his head he would let the idiot search a little bit before he called him over.  He looked over to the others. "What do you think Jim's news is and how much will it pay?" He kept on eye on Jim the whole time.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #2 on: (00:38:46/09-29-10) »
Kali watching Jim, I'll have a rum and soda. 

Jim's news had better be big Belial.  I am tired of small.  Want to move on. 

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #3 on: (10:58:44/09-29-10) »
"No joke Chummer, its been months since I've done real biz.  This small time drek is starting to wear on me.  Plue," Belial motioned to his cyberarm, I've still got to pay of this new chrome."
« Last Edit: (11:00:27/09-29-10) by cyclonus743 »
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

inca1980

  • Ace Runner
  • ****
  • Posts: 2294
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #4 on: (12:46:11/09-29-10) »
Santero looks up at the waiter, "lo de siempre compai....i'll have a cuba libre"
Once the waiter leaves, he leans into Belial who's sitting next to him in the booth and puts his arm around him, his face widening into an infectious grin.

"Coņo meng, looks like if we don' get paid soon my man Belial is gonna get a li'tul visit from da repo-man"

.....his eyes simultaneously focusing across the room on Jimmy.

[OOC Assensing test to get a feel for Jimmy's emotional state and whatever else he can see: Assensing 3 + Intuition 3=6 6d6.hits(5)=4....nice!  Next time i'll make sure to use Santero as my user name on Inivisible castle.]



TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #5 on: (13:04:18/09-29-10) »
Looks over at Belial, lol you know better than to do chrome on credit.  Those chummers don't play around when it comes to their money.

Jim, we are over here bro.  Come and join us.

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #6 on: (13:39:10/09-29-10) »
"Drek no I didn't get it on credit.  I bought it full.  But it hurt my bank account.  A guy has to eat and I'll be damned if I'm going back to an all soy diet." Looks over to Jim. "You better have something good for us Chummer.  Plus, like a repo-man would get past the door.  I know where to hide bodies."
« Last Edit: (16:52:20/09-29-10) by cyclonus743 »
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

Devil

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #7 on: (13:45:12/09-29-10) »
Santero, Jimmy's aura is varied. It's difficult to read as he is experiencing both positive and negative emotions. Fear, hope, desire, caution?

"Good choices. That'll just be a few minutes."

Jimmy slides into the booth, pushing into Kali and forcing her to slide over and make more room.

"Hey guys."

He looks around at the three of you quickly, then turns in his seat, calling out loudly "Hey gran-pa, I'll have the irish hot chocolate! And don't skimp of the whipped cream this time!"

"Comin' right up, kid." The old man shakes his head, muttering something to himself.

Turning back to look at you, Jimmy lights up a smoke and puffs hard on it several times.

"So I've got some good news and some bad news. What you wanna hear first?" He taps his cyberware index finger on the table anxiously.

TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #8 on: (14:08:33/09-29-10) »
Kali pushes back.  Don't think so chummer.  No pushing me around.  Have a seat in the open seat.

TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #9 on: (14:09:15/09-29-10) »
Just spill Jimmy.  What is in the wind?

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #10 on: (14:15:10/09-29-10) »
"Oh Jimmy, you better not be stiffing us for this last job. I know just the vacant building that will ensure you are never found."

( OOC Rolling intimidation to put a little more fear in jimmy 3 Cha + 2 Intimidate 5d6.hits(5)=1)
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

Devil

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #11 on: (10:32:55/09-30-10) »
Kali nearly pushes him out of the booth altogether, but he repositions himself without complaint, then blows smoke at her in playful retaliation.

"Hey, easy, tough guy. My boss wont let me pay yah until you go an' see 'em. He's got business. Important business. The kind the could be worth alot t' yah, know what I mean? He wants to see yahz all tonight."

cyclonus743

  • Newb
  • *
  • Posts: 92
  • Is this whats left of the mighty Decepticons
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #12 on: (10:42:36/09-30-10) »
"Alright Jimmy, where and when does he want to meet?."

Belial used his smartlink to flip the safety off his Predator IV.  Never can be to careful he thought.
Note to all you rich corp slugs out there: the Redmond Barrans is no place to take your brand new drek hot sports car out for a spin.
Belial's Bio: http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=79.msg7814#msg7814
Aliases: http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/mstnames.html

TranKirsaKali

  • Chummer
  • **
  • Posts: 148
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #13 on: (13:38:22/09-30-10) »
After Jimmy give us the meet location and leaves: (or if he doesn't leave I will send this as a text to the rest of them)

Guys who would you like to do the talking for the yen?  I have a way with people and can boost that a bit.  But I can boost either of you if you would prefer.

Devil

  • Omae
  • ***
  • Posts: 747
Re: [IC] The Tell-Tale Heart
« Reply #14 on: (14:37:45/09-30-10) »
((OOC: Nope. Don't try to jump ahead please. You don't know what is going to happen yet. Remember that we are focusing on roleplay, not how fast we can get this thread over with. Karma bonuses for putting extra effort into roleplaying and writing. ;)))

((OOC: Also, if you ever don't think that your character has alot to say or do quite yet, you can always wait. After giving everyone a certain amount of time to reply I move on. This way, while you're in a group, all three of you don't have to reply every time if you don't want to (In some situations). Just so you know.))
« Last Edit: (15:17:59/09-30-10) by Joker »