NEWS

Xabulba's PBP OOC

• 88 Replies

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <10-28-11/1252:07> »
Disregard the preceding. Ladies and Gentlemen, I will be bringing a combat medic. Emphasis on medic. (Got a wild hair, what can I say?)

Xabulba, how do you want us to send you our characters? I'm building mine in chummer, by the way, but can change it to other programs if that's your preference.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
  • "Everybody lies." --House
« Reply #16 on: <10-28-11/1314:29> »
Oh, I can play with that setup, X.

Well, even if we don't know eachother ahead of time, it would be good to have our basic capabilities in the open. I'll start.

My character is a Magician, but only Summoning 2 and Binding 1. He focuses on casting, and combat. Blades (Swords) at 4(+2). So his Major would be Spellcasting and Close Quarters Combat. He also has a dice pool of 14 for Con (Seduction) tests, and can be a minor in any other social tests.
Greataxe - Apply directly to source of problem, repeat as needed.

My Characters

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #17 on: <10-28-11/1451:51> »
Xabulba, how do you want us to send you our characters? I'm building mine in chummer, by the way, but can change it to other programs if that's your preference.

If you want to you can send your character to the email on my profile. A better way would be to use the character sheet code found here http://forums.shadowrun4.com/index.php?topic=948.0 and insert it into a spoiler as your first post to the actual PBP thread when I get it started.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <10-28-11/1533:57> »
Rulebook verification: only what you listed.

no WAR!
no The Way of the Adept

Right? (because I want things from them. Mind over Matter and a Way, respectively)

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #19 on: <10-28-11/1629:38> »
Looking at Mirikon and Kirks concepts I think I'm leaning towards my investigator...have we decided on the setting yet? That's going to be a huge factor in my concept choice.
Player : "Can I call one of my hacker friends?"
GM : "You don't have any friends."
Player pouts.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <10-28-11/1731:55> »
I'm easy for location. The character and backstory work for going anywhere (I tried to incorporate Xabulba's 'getting started' information).

Of course, some things might need tweaked if we're going on safari (grin).

Phylos Fett

• Omae
  • Kind-of A Freelancer...
« Reply #21 on: <10-28-11/1737:41> »
No limits on availability or gear, with the exception of military hardware.

Cool. I'll keep building the character!

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #22 on: <10-29-11/1247:01> »
Hi guys, I just got my invite.

Looking at what we've already got, I'm thinking I might go for some kind of muscle, either a second street samurai, or an adept. As for location, I have no firm preference between Seattle and L.A., but I think our starting point feels more "L.A." to me.

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <10-29-11/1344:49> »
I'm anxious to start character creation but I really need to know where we'll br based before i can...
Player pouts.

kirk

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <10-29-11/1646:40> »
Hi guys, I just got my invite.

Looking at what we've already got, I'm thinking I might go for some kind of muscle, either a second street samurai, or an adept. As for location, I have no firm preference between Seattle and L.A., but I think our starting point feels more "L.A." to me.
Since you're the only one to express a preference and everyone else has been going "where do you want to play, George?" I'd say your wish is what we'll ask Xabulba to give us. Los Angeles, please.

The follow on question Xabulba asked was type of play to begin. I think critter safari is probably out, but that still leaves corporate/underworld OR smuggling and spies.  I'm comfortable with either -- better said both look like fun to me.  Anybody have a preference or recommendation?

clashmasterj

• Newb
« Reply #25 on: <10-29-11/2105:08> »
If we do LA that also opens the option of P 2.0, building rep while being cinematic, trying to grab an audience. Seriously, though, this choice is extremely important to my character choice. So I'll postpone until the setting is stone. I know I'm going mage, but I also like to fill out the group
Player pouts.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <10-29-11/2118:50> »
I like the idea of being on Pito. In fact, it would work with my character nicely. Hide in plain sight and all that. Which begs the question, how would we get on pito?

My Characters

jonathanc

• Omae
  • All cruelty springs from weakness.
« Reply #27 on: <10-29-11/2143:31> »
I like the idea of being on Pito. In fact, it would work with my character nicely. Hide in plain sight and all that. Which begs the question, how would we get on pito?
The right job for the right person can get you on pito. When I ran a game in L.A., that's how my players got on.

Xabulba

• Newb
  • E Pluribus Weirdum
« Reply #28 on: <10-29-11/2213:40> »
What sourcebook is LA in? If you want to based there I need read up on it.

Mirikon

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <10-29-11/2216:24> »
Corporate Enclaves.

My Characters