NEWS

[IC] Missions 2 - Trash the Body Electric (concluded)

• 381 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« on: <04-16-11/0701:30> »
"Face it you Fraggers. Denver is a sub-divided, pain-wracked, schizophrenic, self-serving, epileptic, sado-masochistic haven for the divinely warped. And I love each and every one of your bitter, thrice damned souls."

- Right Reverend Donald R. Byrne, Street Samurai

Welcome to Denver !!!

SPOILER WARNING: this game is played using the official Missions 02 - 04 Trash the Body Electric scenario. If you wish to ever play it do not read any further.
« Last Edit: <06-16-11/1130:51> by Sentinemodo »
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-16-11/0726:29> »
It had been a long week for Cursor. Each day he woke up he looked up the calendar and ticked off another day until the unevitable visit form the Yakuza thugs. Contacts started to become unavailable like he catched some kind of disease. Calico Cat hadn't fared better.

Eventualy Rick brought a lead. New Johnson appeared. New enough to not know the rules of reputation and credibility. Rick had the luck to be first to respond, so you have an interview. There will be others though and you might need to work with them.

The Meet

The drive out Route 58 to Golden has you prepared to meet Mr. Johnson in some greasy spoon truck stop, or a rustic B & B. But the Aspen Chalet has all the conveniences of the 'plex, including scanners in the doorframe and a staff with enough augmentation to back it up. All's wiz when you mention a reservation under Johnson, and are led to a private dining room in the back, complete with acoustic insulation and a Renraku Executive Privacy white noise generator centerpiece on the table. The Johnson's bodyguard, all shoulders and attitude, looks you over through his wrap-around shades, but remains outside.

The Johnson is a tall, trim man dressed in a stylish but unpretentious blue suit. The cut of the suit speaks of a man who stays in shape, and his smooth baritone voice says management more than a power tie ever could.

He holds cup of coffee. No business lunch on his pay. If you have had hopes for a first good dinner in two weeks they're gone.

In between sips of coffee, the Johnson gives his pitch. For the next week, he wants a campaign of harassment, vandalism, and sabotage against a business facility in the Pueblo sector and its personnel. He’d prefer no lethal force used, but does want widespread disruption of their business operation. The operation must start immediately. Pay is 2,000¥ each up front, and an additional 35,000¥ upon completion. You are welcome to any inventory or equipment that comes into your possession during this operation.

Shall we continue or any of you wants to be out now?

Denver Missions
running 13

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
  • The idea is to die young as late as possible -A.M.
« Reply #2 on: <04-16-11/0937:15> »
In between sips of coffee, the Johnson gives his pitch. For the next week, he wants a campaign of harassment, vandalism, and sabotage against a business facility in the Pueblo sector and its personnel. He’d prefer no lethal force used, but does want widespread disruption of their business operation. The operation must start immediately. Pay is 2,000¥ each up front, and an additional 35,000¥ upon completion. You are welcome to any inventory or equipment that comes into your possession during this operation.

Shall we continue or any of you wants to be out now?

Sam reached for his headphone while select sound filter always allowed him to hear others speaking even while playing music, it still was not polite. Being polite on the outside is a good start in an important conversation, even though on the inside he was displeasured with his possible new employer. Sam new very well, that the Johnson was at no fault, no in a way he was.

The coffee, real coffee, just like in the chief’s office! The place from where he had to go on missions only to return home as a murderer. For the greater good, they always used to say, but for him no greater good could ever be as important as a live of an innocent person, to think he had to detonate a bomb in a marketplace full of people, just to kill one, yeah that’s the reason I got away from there. That’s way I ….

The Ending of a song in his headphones snapped him out of this thought. He finished taking of his headphones, captured a dreadlock that was dangling in front of his nose and put it under his goggles. Then he turned to Mr. Johnson:

I am willing to accept these terms, I am not sure of these people share my disposition, but as long as we can talk civilized I am willing to indulge this conversation.

That came out much too stiff, but what’s done is done, at least he gave an answer. He glanced at the group that had gathered; all strangers to him; could it be any other way? He could count the people he knew in this town on the fingers of his right hand. I just hope they will live up to my standards. And Hopeful he will not get them killed, or they him. Frag, I already miss those days where i could work alone, but a man must do what a man must do.
« Last Edit: <04-16-11/1104:36> by Kouryuu »
Prepare for the worst, hope for the best and expect nothing!
Matrix;speaking;thinking;ExternalSourcesLink
RainDragonBar

Netzgeist

• Ace Runner
  • Serpens, nisi serpentem comederit, non fit draco
« Reply #3 on: <04-16-11/1011:25> »
"The way I see it, we shall continue."

Fractal looks at the others from behind the mirrored lenses of his glasses. Strangers. All of them. In this line of work, sometimes you need to work with strangers, but it's always dangerous to be counting on the guns, skills and decisions of someone who does not care for you.  The artist knew he needed to cause a good impression, since he needed to be accounted for an important member of the team if he wanted to be in a relatively good position during the job. Fortunately for him, being on someone good side usually is his specialty. As he frequently said, it was a kind of magic.

And the louder argument these days is always credit.

"We may continue, yes, but I am sure you, Mr. Johnson, will understand that it makes more sense to me talking about the payment after we are clarified about the details of the job."

Even though the will is strong, Fractal does not use a voice graver than Johnson's... That would just show how much the elf liked being in the spot light, and was by no way really polite. And it's never a good idea not being polite to Mr. Johnson.
« Last Edit: <04-16-11/1104:40> by Netzgeist »

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-16-11/1109:25> »
"Alright, keep talking Mr.Johnson."

Cursor didn't look around much, he'd had changes to the team every job now. He missed Stryker though, if one of these guys wasn't a healing mage he knew he was in trouble...

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #5 on: <04-16-11/2157:28> »
Calico Cat knew she really couldn't afford to not take this job. Plus it seemed easy enough with a decent payout. Though with her luck recently it was most likely much more complicated. She pushes up he sunglasses that where slipping down her nose.

"Alright, I'm listening."
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <04-17-11/0130:36> »
Riker, looking thourgh his sun shades takes a second to look at the chummers around the table. Thinks so far all he's heard as a run that any street gang could do. Takes a second to think about casting Analyze truth, but thought better of it. What an auspicious beginning it would make if anyone recognize that he was casting a spell and besides he would have to analzye everyone here. He insteads decides to adjust his body posture to get more comfortable, and closes his eyes to take a peak into the astral looking at the signatures of all present and anything else that may catch his attention like magic, spirits and such then pops back into his body and very calmly takes off his shades looks and takes time to make eye contact with everyone at the table. "Mr. Johnson, you have peaked my interest. We can continue talking"

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #7 on: <04-17-11/1155:48> »
With the howling tires the car was parked outside the Aspen Challet. A few seconds after, black Ork in oil stained camo rushes throught the door. He quickly looks around, then directs right to your table. Taking the chair, turning chair back to the table, ha takes his place, broad smile on his black face, decorated with ritual scars that makes you wonder what hellhole this man came from.

Hallo everyone. I know Im in the loose...just doing some finishing touches on the engine. So whats up? Im ready for any job. So yes, if you need to ask. Im in. Besides...you may call me Omar. Its simpler than my real name.
« Last Edit: <04-17-11/1257:39> by Sichr »

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-17-11/1246:25> »
All right, I like the businesslike approach - single points of contact and responsibility, he emphasis the responsibility and he turns straight toward Fractal. I assume you'll do the 'face' job.

The target is Rocky Mountain Dynamics, or RMD, on Route 121 in the southern Pueblo Sector along Marston Lake. The facility makes electric motors for land and water vehicles.
He presents you the recent overhead imagery of the facility. The factory operates 2 shifts, 7am to 3:30pm and 3:00pm to 11:30pm. I've no details regarding the security, other than it should be there around the clock.

Theft, damage, destruction to inventory and equipment - do whatever it takes to disrupt their operation. Three constraints on that however. First. It is very important that structural damage to the buildings must be avoided. Further, the must be  no environmental damage to the land or ground water. Lastly lethal force against personnel during this operation is prohibited.

Every breach of this constraints will result in cutting the pay by one third. If you fail to disrupt their operations it will be withheld completely with the advances bound to be returned via fixer.

Here, don't loose it
- he presents you a commlink, MetaLink based hardware, but limited to pager functionalities  - if I'll need to contact you I'll be using this to do so.

Quote from: OOC
A round of negotiations occurs after the facts are given and the end result is that the additional pay would be 35,000¥ upon completion.

Any questions?

EDIT: corrected the picture rotation
« Last Edit: <04-18-11/1513:41> by Sentinemodo »

Denver Missions
running 13

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <04-17-11/1248:31> »
He insteads decides to adjust his body posture to get more comfortable, and closes his eyes to take a peak into the astral looking at the signatures of all present and anything else that may catch his attention like magic, spirits and such then pops back into his body and very calmly takes off his shades looks and takes time to make eye contact with everyone at the table.

There is Spirit of Man behind Mr. Johnson, and you feel his immediate attention when you started to perceive the astral.

Denver Missions
running 13

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <04-17-11/1300:27> »
First. It is very important that structural damage to the buildings must be avoided. Further, the must be  no environmental damage to the land or ground water. Lastly lethal force against personnel during this operation is prohibited.
Oh I see, a simple takeover mission, had lots of them in my day in the corp. Do we get a bonus if we keep the equipment intact as well? or is the pay set in stone?
A grin appears on Sam's face.
This job is like cut for me, excellent.
RainDragonBar

Sichr

• Prime Runner
  • TOTÁLNÍ FAŠÍRKA ZMRDI !!!
« Reply #11 on: <04-17-11/1302:45> »
I would like to ask if I understood that correctly.... No lethal force against personel...what if anyone gets hurt in some accidents our actions may cause...

Kouryuu

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <04-17-11/1311:45> »
I would like to ask if I understood that correctly.... No lethal force against personel...what if anyone gets hurt in some accidents our actions may cause...
Sam turns to Omar.
Just step over your pride chummer, or do you really want me to believe you never seen a gel round?
But if...
he turns back to face the Johnson
But the question is a valid one, would be responsible, just as a example, if the manager of the factory would go all suicidal on us for destroying his businesses?
RainDragonBar

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <04-17-11/1314:23> »

If anyone gets an accident and become hurt beyond resuscitation, you pay is cut by third.

Denver Missions
running 13

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <04-17-11/1315:11> »
"And we're allowed to keep whatever we steal?" Cursor waves his hand slightly.