NEWS

[OOC] Missions 2 - Save the girl, save thy souls

• 408 Replies

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« on: <03-19-11/1424:04> »
SPOILER WARNING: this game is played using the official Missions 02 - 03 Grab scenario. If you wish to ever play it do not read any further.

I am opening up another thread my friends,

on list are
JDA, Chrona, Kot, Boer and Codac.

I'm still awaiting for updated cards.

Chrona, Kot if you call any sprites/spirits make the rolls please.

If you socialize with any of your contacts it'll take time to make it worthwhile. You should socialize with all that are loyalty 3 or higher. Loyalty 3 take half of your day, loyalty 4 and up will take one.

It would help if all of you could post here the runner current status and dice pools in the Kot's format.

The rollercoster is going off again soon
« Last Edit: <04-08-11/0317:10> by Sentinemodo »
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #1 on: <03-19-11/1620:25> »
Looks like I'm going to start with 1 Edge, bah... My luck with virtual rolls sucks.

Quote from: Binding Attempt 1
Binding a Force 4 Man spirit:
Magic(4)+Binding(1)+Edge(3) (8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=0)
Spirit's opposed roll (8d6.hits(5)=3)
Drain Resistance(6S) roll (10d6.hits(5)=4)
Damage: 2S, healed in an hour, or with a Medkit application, buying hits.

Quote from: '"Binding Attempt 2"
Binding a Force 4 Man spirit:
Magic(4)+Binding(1)+Edge(3) (8d6.hitsopen(5,6)=2)
Spirit's opposed roll (8d6.hits(5)=4)
Drain Resistance(8S) roll (10d6.hits(5)=1)
Damage: 7S, healed in about four hours, or with a Medkit application+3 hours rest, buying hits.

Just tried to simulate that with real dice. Attempt 1 - 5 hits, no exploded vs. spirits 2 hits. Attempt 2 - 9 hits, 3 exploded, vs. spirit's 1 and a glitch... =='
« Last Edit: <03-19-11/1627:42> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <03-20-11/0512:34> »
wouldn't it be wiser to try something that's within the reach? if you're small time summoner havign a force 1 or force 2 spirit is better than having none. Also please include next time the summoning rolls and drain. in the last case if you had 3 stun damages before binding try this could have rendered you unconsious, and all sort of funny things could start with uncontrolled spirit. (not to mention damage modifiers)

also I haven't found anything about what happens with binding materials after unsuccesful tries, until there is a reference pointing otherwise you use them up during ritual.

when buying - remember about magical goods cost multiplier for Pueblo - 1.3 - 1.5 - for basic things (R10 and less) use 1.3 for R11 and higher use 1.5.

by my count this 2 attempts (not including Mata fee to fetch them) costed you 5200 ny 

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #3 on: <03-20-11/0639:09> »
I noted how much healing the damage would need. And Stryker can deal with it before attempting another Binding easily. As for the costs - Mata managed to get me these materials(so it's his cost multiplier), and they are not used up. Just like a magical lodge - they just are necessary to Bind, and the spirit cannot be higher in Power than the rank of the Binding materials. Using them up would mean Binding isn't worth crap at these costs...
« Last Edit: <03-20-11/0641:03> by Kot »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <03-20-11/0726:04> »
I don't know - Binding is the only way to have more than one spirit around. A drone costs a lot more than 2k

Denver Missions
running 13

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #5 on: <03-20-11/0838:44> »
Binding only gives you a more broad choice of services. You have to Summon the spirit to be bound anyway. And mages cannot have more than one active spirit 'on standby' besides Watchers... That, and Drones don't have free will.
I'm still not sure about the Binding part and my character's tradition. It should be easier, theoretically, because in Stryker's case Binding would look more like spirit pacts... He doesn't force the spirit, only tries to convince him to become a long-term ally.

Boer_Kommando

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <03-20-11/1020:13> »
when buying - remember about magical goods cost multiplier for Pueblo - 1.3 - 1.5 - for basic things (R10 and less) use 1.3 for R11 and higher use 1.5.

I thought they did away with cost multipliers in 4th edition. I like in the UCAS sector, if that has any effect also.

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <03-20-11/1052:38> »
Will send updated sheet and info. on karma spent and items to acquire soon. Been swamp with work last few days. Will spend the necessary time with his contacts and will get sent. rolls for the new contacts at the end of the mission soon. If anyone has suggestions as to rigger gear that i might want, please send them. I have normally only ran meat shields in the past.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #8 on: <03-20-11/1112:29> »
The thread it was in got lost somewhere, so I'm posting the code for character summary here.
Code: [Select]
[quote="Character Status Sheet"]{[u]Health[/u]: [color=red][b]0 / 10P[/b][/color] and [color=green][b]0 / 11S[/b][/color] damage, [b][color=purple]NO Wound[/color][/b] penalty, [b][color=purple]-2 Sustaining[/color][/b] penalty} | {[u]Edge[/u]: [color=red][b]1 / 3[/b][/color]}
{[u]Defense[/u]: [color=red]3[/color]; [u]Initiative[/u]: [color=red]8[/color]; [u]IP's[/u]: [color=red]1[/color]} | {[u]Ballistic Armor[/u]: [color=red]6[/color]; [u]Impact Armor[/u]: [color=red]6[/color]} | {[u]Sustained spells[/u]: [i]Invisibility[/i] [color=red]F4[/color].}
{[u]Spirits[/u]: [b]F4[/b] [color=blue]Man[/color] with [i]Fear[/i] and [color=red]1[/color] service, [b]F4[/b] [color=blue]Man[/color] with [i]Movement[/i] and [color=red]2[/color] services.}[/quote]

Codac

• Chummer
« Reply #9 on: <03-20-11/1117:53> »
Ah thanks for that Kot.

@JDA What drones do you have?
"You Metahumans and your emotions are quite inefficient." ~Codac

"I am the Matrix." ~Codac

Chrona

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <03-20-11/1142:53> »

I thought they did away with cost multipliers in 4th edition. I like in the UCAS sector, if that has any effect also.

The thing is with boer acting as a fixer he doesn't have to be bound by these rules, he can buy from the black market and contacts and have it shipped (even if you need it smuggled, hire Technicolour Wings, they're the best and cheapest, just drop in on your local Tailspin bar (at least one in every major city) and ask around politely about sensitive shipping. Attitude ftw.) for the same prices as in the main rulebook, he doesn't have to buy from shops in the sectors.

Sorry sent but these Denver rules are pretty silly, not your fault, it's a problem with missions 2, i'm glad New York, which I run, isn't like this.

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #11 on: <03-20-11/1159:00> »
I agree with Chrona. That's needlessly complicating the setting, and with the distance between the zones it's indeed silly... I get it when it comes to costs of living, but the rest of it - meh...

JDA

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <03-20-11/1208:22> »
per pervious missions roll for contacts all were done on invisible castle characte name :Wilco
falcone- 6,4,4,1,2,1 should be 3 successes based obn the (2)
Tabby- 6,5,5,5,5,2 should be 6 successes based on (2)
Hammerjack 1,2,,6,1,3,5 should be 4 successes based on (2)

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #13 on: <03-20-11/1226:33> »
Just post the last link you get when you roll, marked BBCode - it will link to your rolls.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
« Reply #14 on: <03-20-11/1306:24> »
per pervious missions roll for contacts all were done on invisible castle characte name :Wilco
falcone- 6,4,4,1,2,1 should be 3 successes based obn the (2)
Tabby- 6,5,5,5,5,2 should be 6 successes based on (2)
Hammerjack 1,2,,6,1,3,5 should be 4 successes based on (2)

the notation (2) mean that you need two hits (based upon standard 5 and 6) to succed
from the above it means that you gained Tabby (5 hits) and HammerJack (2 hits)
you did not however gained Falcone as contact (got only 1 hit there), I'll post the Tabby's description shortly - just put her into into you contacts section

Denver Missions
running 13