Next book to get

• 18 Replies

CanRay

• Freelancer
  • Mr. Johnson
  • Spouter of Random Words
« Reply #15 on: <03-07-11/1809:43> »
How much do they know about Vice?   :P

If they're new to Shadowrun, I'd suggest 6WA more than Vice.  it's a great way to introduce the universe's history, with the Shadowtalk keeping it from being like a history lesson.

My own teacher put himself to sleep in one of those when I was in High School.  No, wait, that was Geography...
Si vis pacem, para bellum

#ThisTaserGoesTo11

aimlessfreak

• Chummer
« Reply #16 on: <03-07-11/1813:30> »
well vice was my 2nd choice anyways, I may just get both
But I didn't know he was a DRAGON!

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #17 on: <03-08-11/0001:23> »
Really, what to get is going to come down to your campaign.  "Both" is a fantastic answer, don't get me wrong (Jason will beat me with a wire coat hanger if he hears me telling someone not to buy multiple books), but if you can't get both at once, to decide what order to get them in, I'd suggest thinking about what order you'll need them in.

Is your group sticking to one urban sprawl, getting tangled up in street level crime?  Dealing with gangs, working for the mob, fighting Yakuza thugs, running drugs (or fighting drugrunners), and related "gritty" type stuff?  Vice is very much the way to go.

Are you looking for globe-trotting action, instead?  Do you want to fling them into neighboring countries, and cook up your own epic story arc that's based on the metaplot with little hints and clues from existing SR products and the timeline itself?  Do they have international backgrounds you'd like to flesh out by knowing more about various countries in the Sixth World and global hotspots?  T6W Almanac all the way.

Angelone

• Ace Runner
  • A decent perfection
« Reply #18 on: <03-08-11/0913:25> »
6WA then, only if they read it though. It is a great introduction to the setting that shows what the world is like and how it got to where it is.
REJOICE! For bad things are about to happen.
la vida no vale nada