Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

Vehicles valid target for Armor spell

(1/7) > >>

The Bald Man:
Are vehicles and drones valid targets for the Armor Spell? 
"Creates a glowing field of magical energy around the subject"  Is a vehicle a "subject"?

Quatar:
I would say yes, but the car would resist with its Object resistance.

firebug:
It is a physical spell, so I don't see why it couldn't.  You could even use it on an object if you needed to, theoretically.  Anything that has or could-have an armor rating.  Though of course, if you tried to cast it on "a building" that presumably would be too big to affect.  For anything that have stats like a character does though, you definitely can.  I'd say if it has a single condition monitor (so, individual objects, drones, vehicles...  but not anything that is primarily a structure as opposed to object, like a wall) then you can target it with the spell.

--- Quote from: Quatar on ---I would say yes, but the car would resist with its Object resistance.

--- End quote ---

Armor isn't a resisted spell, so that wouldn't make any sense.

Marcus:
spell is los so it would probably work, for devil advocate it might be to big. but if so armor vehicle is an easy spell to make.

Stainless Steel Devil Rat:

--- Quote from: firebug on ---
--- Quote from: Quatar on ---I would say yes, but the car would resist with its Object resistance.

--- End quote ---

Armor isn't a resisted spell, so that wouldn't make any sense.

--- End quote ---

I think I'm on board with Quatar.  But then again it may be because I want to imprint some older editions' metaphysics into 5th ed.  It used to be that you cast anything on a nonliving object, you have to overcome OR.

I suppose one could look at 5th edition in a vacuum (and maybe for the rules, you should).  Magic "magically" works in that OR only works against hostile spells and not against friendly spells.  It's head scratching, but then again it's magic.

One thing that may (or may not) be problematic with saying OR only applies when it's explicitly invoked is that a Rigger can get the party mage to Heal his battlewagon rather than paying for repairs.

I'm thinking the best way to adjudicate Armor on a vehicle is to say the spell becomes a resisted spell, even though it it isn't one when cast on a living subject.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version