NEWS

Interesting idea for corporate promotion

• 0 Replies

Senko

• Ace Runner
« on: <02-21-18/0406:21> »
Reading a book and one of the ideas the author used was a corporate promotion scheme I found quite interesting and think would work quite well in the shadowrun world. So I figured I'd post it here in case anyone else wanted to use it.

Basically the corporate job website doesn't just list the job openings currently available but has a schematic of all the various career paths available so the employees can pick an ultimate goal and tailor their career/resume to work towards that. Which serves two purposes I can see one is you have the employees knowing right away they want to eventually be an X and can pursue the jobs and experiences required for it. However it's also an easy way to keep the wage slaves rising too high unless they are really skilled by simply having the top few tiers of jobs not listed there or put up on the same site as the "regular" jobs.

The other part that made me decide to actually post this is that the jobs rather than, or in addition to normal qualifations allowed employees to use time in company and skill tests rather than academic qualifications. Which is a wonderful way to control your employees. No external training/degrees/tickets to allow other companies to know what your employees have if they try to leave but also an incentive to stay. "Oh I'm sorry you left us for 6 months so you don't have the 10 years experience necessary to apply for this job" Especially if you include other little tricks like leave (sick, annual or otherwise) counting against time served and overtime (paid or otherwise) counting towards it.