Shadowrun Play > Rules and such

[SR5] Is it possible as a Rigger to create a Transformer?

(1/5) > >>

kuronologist:
I'm new to Shadowrun and I wanna be able to create a Transformer. I was wondering if it's possible. Like have my harmless-looking motorcycle transform into a battle drone/robot kicking ass and taking names then transforming back into vehicle mode.

忍:
RAW? No. At best talk to your GM and see if yall can work something out.

SpellBinder:
Check out the anime OVA Bubblegum Crisis.  Though it doesn't get much screen time, one of the characters has a motoroid that's essentially what you're describing.  Otherwise, in a more practical sense, you might want to look at the anime RideBack; far from as good a story as BGC, but the transforming motorcycle in it is a lot more practical (and something I've toyed with myself in the past).

One thing I find interesting with the robotics and transformer stuff that doesn't seem to be taken into account is the amount of mass of the combined servos and whatnot that would be required for the transformation articulation.

Jack_Spade:
Well, you can add Secondary Propulsion: Walker to your bike or car. That alone might give you the aesthetic you are after. add some articulated arms + customization and you might get one of the Transformer's ugly siblings.

Mirikon:
Yeah, a Transformer is right out, I believe. The closest you get to that would be the mecha that was in the Rigger 4.0 joke supplement, or some of the really nasty cyborg bodies from WAR!

Terminator? Easy. Tachikoma? Tricky, but it can be done. Transformer? No.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version