NEWS

An Attempt at Magic and Cyberware

• 20 Replies

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <08-15-17/1928:19> »
You are misunderstanding how cyberlimbs work. The 5,000 per point may not exceed your race's maximum or else you can't use it. A Str 1 human can use a Str 6 (9) limb with no problem. You just can't use a Str 7 limb like an Ork or troll could.

A tank with magic is difficult, as magic doesn't bring much to tanking, cyber is much better at that. For that I would stick with the aware and just use astral sight + weapon foci for my magic side.

I would recommend Resources: A, Attributes: B, Skills: C, Magic: D, Metatype: E.

As to "is it worth it" you are gaining the ability to use assensing and to punch spirits efficiently in exchange for about 2 points of essence and a couple points of edge. It isn't a huge deal either way.
« Last Edit: <08-15-17/1939:25> by ShadowcatX »

Blazrath

• Chummer
  • I've yet to see a regular sword being hacked into.
« Reply #16 on: <08-15-17/1940:00> »
You are misunderstanding how cyberlimbs work. The 5,000 per point may not exceed your race's maximum or else you can't use it. A Str 1 human can use a Str 6 (9) limb with no problem. You just can't use a Str 7 limb like an Ork or troll could.

And that makes sense now. Unfortunately, I've built characters around the other way for a while and never caught that(and was never tod different), hahaha. Thanks for clearing it up, I'll work on another draft soon with that in mind.
Talking Aloud Thoughts Matrix Astral E-Mails/"Sub-Vocal"

ShadowcatX

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <08-15-17/1942:18> »

And that makes sense now. Unfortunately, I've built characters around the other way for a while and never caught that(and was never tod different), hahaha. Thanks for clearing it up, I'll work on another draft soon with that in mind.

I couldn't figure out why you were buying such crappy limbs. Lol.

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #18 on: <08-16-17/0242:41> »
Yeah, I was using too much logic thinking that the normal human body must be conditioned in a sense to be able to handle the strength of whatever your doing, like having your skeletal and muscle structures be able to handle lifting like 500 pounds or stuff like that and not going with the rule of cool. hahahahahaha

Blazrath

• Chummer
« Reply #19 on: <08-16-17/0915:47> »
So, with all the new info put in place, I have 3 versions of the same character, with resources at c to a and bringing attributes and abilities down.

A                                                                         B
BOD 5/6                                                   5/6
AGI 2(3)/6                                                1(5)/6
REA 5/6                                                   4/6
STR 2(3)/6                                              1(5)/6
CHA 4/6                                                   3/6
INT 5/6                                                     5/6
LOG 3/6                                                   3/6
WIL 6(7)/6                                                6(8 )/6
EDG 3/7                                                   2/7
MAG 1*                                                    1*

Limits
Phys 6                                                     7
Mental 6                                                  7
Social 7                                                   6
Astral 7                                                   7

Phys Con 13                                          15
Stun Con 12                                          12

Armor A:20                                           B:24                                               C:26

Qualities
Aware(+4 Assensing)
Biocompatibility(Cyberware)
Cyber-Singularity Seeker or Redliner

Skills
A                                                                B
Unarmed Combat (9)+2 Cyber Implants   Unarmed Combat (12)+2 Cyber Implants
Survival (13)                                              Automatics (12)+2 Cyber Implants
Intimidation (10)+2 Physical                      Intimidation (9)+2 Physical     
Perception (10)                                          Perception (10)+2 Visual
Automatics (8 )+2 Cyber Implanted           Running (8 )
Sneaking (8 )+2 Urban                              Swimming (8 )
Assensing (9)                                            Gymnastics (8 )
Cybertechnology (4)                                  Assensing (9)
Arcana (4)                                                 Cybertechnology (4)
Athletics 5                                                 Arcana (4)
-Gymnastics (8 )                                       Athletics 2
-Running (8 )
-Swimming (8 )

Martial Arts
Boxing(Brawler)
-Opposing Force(Block)
-Stagger

Astral Perception(Aware)

A                                                         B                                                            C

Obvious Full Arm(Left) Alphaware    Obvious Full Arm(Left) Alphaware         Obvious Full Arm(Left) Alphaware
Armor 2                                             Armor 2                                                  Armor 2
Custom Agility 6                                Custom Agility 6                                    Custom Agility 6
Custom Strength 6                            Custom Strength 6                                Custom Strength 6
Custom Submachine Gun                 Custom Submachine Gun                     Custom Submachine Gun
External Clip Port                              External Clip Port                                  External Clip Port
67,200 Nuyen                                                                                                  Enhanced Agility 2
                                                                                                                        Enhanced Strength 2
                                                                                                                        98,400

Obvious Full Arm(Right) Used         Obvious Full Arm(Right) Standard        Obvious Full Arm(Right) Standard
Armor 2                                            Armor 2                                                 Armor 2
Custom Agility 6                               Custom Agility 6                                   Custom Agility 6
Custom Strength 6                           Custom Strength 6                               Custom Strength 6
Spurs                                               Spurs                                                    Spurs
42,000 Nuyen                                                                                               Enhanced Agility 2
                                                                                                                      Enhanced Strength 2
                                                                                                                      82,000

Obvious Full Leg(Left) Alphaware        Obvious Full Leg(Left) Alphaware
                                                        Armor 2                                                 Armor 2
                                                        Custom Strength 6                               Custom Strength 6
                                                        Custom Agility 6                                   Custom Agility 6
                                                        61,200                                                  Enhanced Agility 2
                                                                                                                     Enhanced Strength 2
                                                                                                                     92,400

Obvious Full Leg(Right) Alphaware    Obvious Full Leg(Right) Alphaware
                                                        Armor 2                                               Armor 2
                                                        Custom Strength 6                             Custom Strength 6
                                                        Custom Agility 6                                 Custom Agility 6
                                                        61,200                                                Enhanced Agility 6
                                                                                                                   Enhanced Strength 6
                                                                                                                   92,400

Bone Lacing(Aluminum)
                                                                                                                  18,000

4.15 Essence                                 3.0 Essence                                       2.1 Essence

Low Lifestyle                                  Low Lifestyle                                      Medium Lifestyle

Gear
Armor Jacket
Ballistic Mask
-Customized
-Low Light
-Flare Compensation
-Thermographic
-Smartlink
-Chemical Protection(4)
Forearm Guards
Securetech PPP: Legs Kit
Clothing x2
Auctioneer Business Clothes

HK 227
-Cyberimplanted
-Spare Clip x4
-110 APDS
-30 Normal Rounds
-30 Stik-n-Shok

Fake SIN (4)
Fake License (4) Firearms, Restricted Cyberware, Bodyguard
Certified Cred Stik Silver
Hermes Ikon
Glasses(4)
-Image Link
-Smart Link
-Low Light
Weapon Focus 3(Spurs)
Gas Mask
Survival Kit
Backpack(good)
Lighter
Pack of Cigarettes

Option B on cyberware requires 2 Edge so that the spare special point can be used in Magic to have Rating 1.
Option C on cyberware requires one less martial arts to spend karma on getting Magic 1.

In Debt 5 is needed to pay off everything and have around 4k left over for option A and B. Option C has 11,275 left over to play with before needing to spend karma or go in debt.

Which is the best to use and tweaks you believe are needed to these?
« Last Edit: <08-16-17/0920:27> by Blazrath »

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <08-16-17/0957:06> »
Yeah, I was using too much logic thinking that the normal human body must be conditioned in a sense to be able to handle the strength of whatever your doing, like having your skeletal and muscle structures be able to handle lifting like 500 pounds or stuff like that and not going with the rule of cool. hahahahahaha
Actually, that is exactly the logic behind that.
You don't need to be trained if your Limbs are - Keep in mind a full cyberlimb will replace the shoulder- or hip-joint and reinforce involved bones and muscles.
The limit to "racial maximum" means your limbs can only do as much as the meat part of your body can take.
This is why Cyberlimbs don't improve your limits, which on a 4-Cyberlimb character can indeed pose a problem.
And that's where redliner comes in: You ignore those limits. Yes, that might overtax the limbs, especially if they are already damaged, but it's also your meat body losing:
Hair-thin fissures in bones and sinews, minor sprains and ruptures; Things that happen when you purposefully go above and beyond what is normally possible. In return, it also increases your effective 'natural' attributes, thereby raising limits, walk speed, etc. Same way that exceeding your limits with drugs is reflected in crash damage, basically.

As for your newest build, afraid I lack the time today for good feedback. Starting to wonder if the legs are really worth it, though, as opposed to, say, just lower legs to save essence (best essense to capacity ratio). Though of course for a Singularity seeker it's kind of a must. ^^
I'll look again later.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.