NEWS

Combat Adept [5e]

• 11 Replies

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« on: <07-24-17/1327:12> »
Thinking about submitting this build to Hubgen, I know I have to actually use one of the damn gen programs and I'll get around to it,
but before then I'd appreciate folks looking at it the old fashioned way. I tried to hit all their house rules, if I missed anything please let me know.
Thanks!

Street Name: Arc
Character Name: Killian O’Malley

Killian made it, he’d got out of the burb he was born in, he escaped the corporate wage slave job he thought he was destined for. He got a position on a Tir prince’s House Guard. He marched, he fought, stood guard through the interminable hours of the night, and had raucous parties with his fellows. Killian knew life was as good as it was going to get. Until he saw those Blue eyes, it’s not a new story, it’s not old story, Boy meets Girl, Guard meets Princess. Love is a force so powerful it destroys lives even of those who really know better and have sworn oaths not too. It just happened like that over a weekend. By Monday he came to his senses, he’d broken his oath, and when the jig was up, odds are a duel to the death was most likely. He couldn’t see a way to make amends so he resigned, and the ran for it. Deep down he know some day he’ll probably answer for his broken word, but he praying that he could find answer to the question before that day arrived.

A Attributes
B Elf (6)
C Skills
D Magic
E Resources

Attributes: 24         
B   3            
A   7 (9)         
S   5            
R   5 (7)         
I   5
L   2
W   3
C   6
Edge 3
Magic 6
Initiative 12 +3d6 (14 vs Attack and Surprise)

Attribute only Tests: Composure-9 Judge Intention-11 Lift/Carry-7 Memory-6

Limits: M-5 P-7 S-7

Qualities: -25/+25 net 0
Adept
Mentor Spirit (Stag) -5
High Pain Tolerance 2 -14
Quick Healing -3
Agile Defender -3
Code of Honor (Elven Chivalry) +15
Incompetent (Firearms) +5
Phobia (Uncommon, Mild) Centipede +5

Adept Powers: 6
Combat Sense 2 (1)
Improved Attribute (Agility) 2 (2)
Improved Reflexes 2 (2.5)
Rapid Draw (0.5)
Lightbody 2 (Mentor)

Skills: (28/2)
Archery 6 (Bow +2)   Agi-9+Skill-8+LS1=18
Blades 6 (Katana +2) Agi-9+Skill-8+MS-2+WF-1= 20
Con 4          Cha-6+Skill-4=10
Computers 2*       Log-2+Skill-2=4
Etiquette 4       Cha-6+Skill-4=10
First Aid 2*      Log-2+Skill-2+MK-6+QH2=12
Perception 6
Stealth Skill Group 2   Agi-9+Skill-2= 11
*Bought with Karma

Knowledge Skill: 16
Language English N
Language Splienrithel
Area Knowledge Seatle
Area Knowledge Tir
Knowledge the Shadows
Knowledge Bodyguard techniques

Gear: (10 Karma to Cash) 25.81k/26k
Weapon Focus Rating 1 (Katana) 7k (3 Karma to bond)
Renraku Sensei 1k
Armor Jacket 1k
   Non-conductive 3 .75k
   Chemical Protection 3 .75k
Ballistic Mask .15k
   Imagelink .025k
Bow (Rating 4) .4k
   (Laser Sight) .125k
Quickdraw Quiver .5k
   Stick-n-Shock Arrowheads (15) .375k
   Stack Shaft Rating 4 (15) (1.5k)
   Screamer head + Rating 4 Shaft (5) .035k
Fake Sin Rating 3 (7.5k)(Killian Summervale- UCAS)
   Fake License to Carry Foci  Rating 3 .6k
   Fake License Bodyguard Rating 3 .6k
Medkit Rating 6 1.5k                  
Low Life Style 2k

Contacts: (18)
Fixer Gilligan Southpaw- Orc Black Market Fixer,  Grew up with Killian, went to school together, helped each other out on their respective climb up the various ladders in the past. Southpaw’s not as young as he used to be, but tries not to hold it against his old pal.   (4/3)

Karen Stoutheart (Dwarven Taxi Service)- The first person Killian met on his flight from Tir, they helped each other out since then, a taxi driver turned Shadow transport take a different kind of driver.  Shadow Transport (2/4)

Karen Deer Cloud (Stag Shaman)- Karen’s family is one of the many who ran off from falling American empire to join the rising Native American Nations. Joined what are sometimes referred to as the Pink skinned indians, however as it turned, out she was among the lucky few who actually had the gift of magic. She studied magic, among the Great Shamans and now follows where her spirit guide leads her. Which for now atleast is seattle. Killian sought her advice one several occasions while he considered ways to make amends for breaking his word. (3/2)

Karma Log:
10 Karma to Cash
3 Karma to Bind Weapon Focus
2 Karma First Aid 1
4 Karma First Aid 2
2 Karma Computers 1
4 Karma Computers 2
Spent 25
« Last Edit: <07-25-17/1743:32> by Marcus »
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <07-24-17/1604:15> »
Looks good!

They might give you some trouble about Code of Honor... as it is harder for different GMs/runs to incorporate it. You prob don't need to invest a second point into First Aid/Comp, and save the karma for something else.  You my also get some pushback re low strength bow use (willing to drop a point of Logic to up Strength?). And you will have to put it into chummer/herolab... :)

Good luck!

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <07-24-17/1617:40> »
Looks good!

They might give you some trouble about Code of Honor... as it is harder for different GMs/runs to incorporate it. You prob don't need to invest a second point into First Aid/Comp, and save the karma for something else.  You my also get some pushback re low strength bow use (willing to drop a point of Logic to up Strength?). And you will have to put it into chummer/herolab... :)

Good luck!

Thanks FST, the bow base damage will be 12S from Stick-n-Shock- Arrow and static shafts, range maybe an issue, but I didn't think damage would be. Do you think it will be a problem?

Yeah i'll put it in Chummer, and i'll be cranky about it. I don't nee a program to make a correct sheet. But I'll do it.
Thinking
com
speaking

Pinicles

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <07-24-17/1709:13> »
Hi:
One thing, Incompetent is tor a Skill group no for a skill.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <07-24-17/1747:49> »
Hi:
One thing, Incompetent is tor a Skill group no for a skill.

Good point! I'll adjust it to Firearms. Thanks!

Unrelated- I HATE Chummer. It can't even add a Freaking Weapon Focus Correctly! Why do people use these things?
It won't accept a Laser Sight on a bow, or load in non-default arrows as the weapon's Damage. I'm seriously tempted not to even bother with this. Relying on these programs is just dumb, limits your ability to build.
Thinking
com
speaking

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <07-24-17/1756:43> »
Re: weapon focus in chummer, you have to buy the base weapon first, and the buy a weapon focus, which will prompt a list of weapons you have, and you pick the one you want to be a focus.

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <07-24-17/1804:26> »
Re: weapon focus in chummer, you have to buy the base weapon first, and the buy a weapon focus, which will prompt a list of weapons you have, and you pick the one you want to be a focus.

I did that and it's still not adding I'll try again and see if that helps
Thinking
com
speaking

FST_Gemstar

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <07-24-17/1947:55> »
Clicking the checkbox in the foci list?

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <07-24-17/2350:49> »
yeah i did, really not sure on it right now, I very much hate to put in a character that's incorrect, that sort of thing just stresses me out, and I'm not gonna pay for Hero lab. So I may shelf this for awhile, until I can hand off something I know is correct. On some level I know it's silly, we are only talking about 1 die, in both my concerned cases literal the difference between 19 and 20 dice and 17 and 18 dice on the other.
But if something is incorrect, then it's incorrect. I'm not sure.
Thinking
com
speaking

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <07-25-17/1715:02> »
Hand Crossbows are concealable, walking around with a Bow is... Challenging.

Sapphire Knife with personalized grip for MAD proof concealable weapon. 

Logic 2, Str 5 as mentioned above is also recommended.  Critical Strike (Blades), and I swear there was a +1 damage quality or power in Forbidden Arcana for Adepts, but I can't recall the name of the quality.  Gets your melee damage up to Heavy Pistol range anyway.

I'd go ahead and put Con or Etiquette at 6, YMMV. 

Marcus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #10 on: <07-25-17/1738:38> »
Hand Crossbows are concealable, walking around with a Bow is... Challenging.

Sapphire Knife with personalized grip for MAD proof concealable weapon. 

Logic 2, Str 5 as mentioned above is also recommended.  Critical Strike (Blades), and I swear there was a +1 damage quality or power in Forbidden Arcana for Adepts, but I can't recall the name of the quality.  Gets your melee damage up to Heavy Pistol range anyway.

I'd go ahead and put Con or Etiquette at 6, YMMV.

Death Dealer, but it's a 15 pt quality, I did look at it. You think it's worth dropping HPT for it? My first vareint on this was go unarmed with kick, but dropped it b/c the damage was so low.
I'll consider crossbow pistol, i don't really see a negative to it.
« Last Edit: <07-25-17/1741:05> by Marcus »
Thinking
com
speaking

Hobbes

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <07-25-17/1804:40> »
Hand Crossbow just as a concealable back up if for no other reason.  You can still use the Bow as your main weapon, they both use the Archery Skill so, really it's the same thing as the Samurai packing a machine pistol back up to his Ares Alpha. 

IMO +1 damage is worth 15 Karma on a damage dealing character, but it would depend on your expected ratio of stabbing to shooting.  So, YMMV.