Author Topic: Bright is just Shadowrun ?  (Read 526 times)

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
Bright is just Shadowrun ?
« on: (09:37:08/07-23-17) »
I wanted to know its not just me but Bright is just shadowrun right ?

Bright | Official Trailer [HD] | Netflix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EZCBSsBxko
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

DarkSpade

• Newb
Re: Bright is just Shadowrun ?
« Reply #1 on: (10:30:37/07-23-17) »
Damn close.  Just set 60 years too early.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: (13:12:35/07-23-17) »
While it may not *be* Shadowrun, it's pretty damn close. I am really looking forward to this and hope it response will be strong enough to warrant future productions.

Basic

• Ace Runner
  • the game is rigged
« Reply #3 on: (13:23:41/07-23-17) »
While it may not *be* Shadowrun, it's pretty damn close. I am really looking forward to this and hope it response will be strong enough to warrant future productions.

If this does well you guys might want to make just a short live action shadowrun Film :D
--Is today the day you thought about doing something, or the day you did something?--

--We cheat Death from his rightful victory. No one can defeat us we are glad to plunge feet first into hell in the knowledge that we will rise.--

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: (17:16:40/07-23-17) »
Unfortunately, in this medium, I am a consumer, not a creator ;D. There are some fantastic short coming out these days...really like some of the stuff Neill Blomkamp and Oats Studios are doing.

KnightyrFPS

• Newb
    • 2 types of sex chat
« Reply #5 on: (20:03:08/08-17-17) »
It is pretty close, but regardless of that I'm probably going to watch it because I'm a fan the genre.

Eric da MAJ

• Newb
« Reply #6 on: (23:42:51/11-28-17) »
I'm a little vexed at the idea of Bright.  I feel the franchise is getting watered down by Shadowrun imitators.  I don't know what's worse.  That it'll be so bad it makes the franchise passť.  Or that it might be so awesome it outshines it.  (Though that would be entertaining)  I'd love for there to be a real and good Shadowrun movie.  Even if it's only a fan made movie on YouTube.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #7 on: (16:13:45/11-29-17) »
lets see...

Fantasy races set in a modern setting.
Magic. (At least magic wands..  Although that scene with Will Smith shooting with everything else in slow mo gave me a Physical Adept vibe..)

They throw in some cybernetics, and Inter-global Corporations, and I smell an infringement lawsuit...

On a Brighter side, it does look interesting! 
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: (18:30:37/11-29-17) »
The more urban fantasy, the better (caveat: GOOD urban fantasy)  ;D