NEWS

Partial Cyberskull Pros vs Cons

• 3 Replies

Frost

• Newb
« on: <05-19-17/0922:34> »
Got a bad guy (adept) who I want to make a reoccurring character but he took a shot to the head that almost put him out of commission permanently. I figure the shot blew out one his eyes and messed up his skull pretty good, so he'll have cybereyes for sure, and I'm considering giving him the partial cyberskull, plus spurs, all deltaware. Loosing the point of essence will give the guy a reason to hold a grudge against the PC's. So my question is this: What are the pro's and con's for a partial cyberskull. It would be synthetic and mainly for show, if they decide to shoot him in the head again it'll look all Terminatorish. 

UnLimiTeD

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <05-19-17/0927:58> »
Well, you can pretty much figure this out by yourself;
It's decent capacity / essence, as opposed to a full skull.
If you essentially replace his face, and as an NPC he doesn't need to care for others reception (he apparently has some pretty significant resources to back him up, already), it doesn't even need to look human.
Oh, and don't forget to put a Nano-Hive inside, no reason to not be a bit cheesy with a recurring Nemesis.
Still waiting on a Vector-Thrust Liminal Body.

Frost

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-19-17/1034:12> »
Ok, thanks. I wasn't sure if it offered extra armor or not . Still sorting through the rules, since the last version I played was 2nd edition, over 10 years ago. What is a Nano-Hive? Sounds interesting...

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <05-24-17/1837:30> »
Might go with Beta instead of Delta, since the latter's pretty darn rare if you're not a high-level corporate sort, but otherwise, sounds good.

(And, honestly, I should have named it a partial cyber-head, not skull, since it's actually replacing a goodly chunk of your noggin, as opposed to the cyber skull, which is just a shell stuck on top of things.)