NEWS

[SR4A] Anyone have experience running a game with a Quad gun Wielding Nartaki?

• 2 Replies

Nelzy

• Newb
« on: <04-29-17/0945:55> »
Hello Everyone.

My group are going to start to play shadowrun soon, we have all played alot of other games, but we like to test new things, so after a quick test run to feel the system we are going to beggin the real thing.

My character concept is a Quad smg wielding Nartaki, i think the concept can work especialy after some optimization for it, still nothing cheezy or broken,

My problem is that the GM have a smal worry that me making 8 attacks in one round, is going to become a large time sink during combat making the experience for everyone else diminish.
I Think that it could be manageble, especialy if you steamline the rolling to not waste time, and also depending on the targets defence pool, he could lose it entierly making the number of rolls even less.

So id like to ask: do anyone of you guys have experience with playing in a group with a character like this in Shadowrun?  was it a big problem or was it manageble?

i realy like the character and would love to be able to put my GM's worry to rest.

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-29-17/1006:33> »
I played a character who had a potential of 12 attacks per combat round (2 machine pistols, 3 IP, 2 shots/IP).  Of course doing that my split dicepools got quite small, so I mostly only did 6 attacks per round.  That was quite maneagable, so 8 should also work.  It's also a question of being ready for it.  While you roll, the other players should be thinking about their next action and while they roll, you should do the same.  After a couple of attacks the defense value of the target will be down by quite a bit, so after a while there will be no more defense rolls.

One thing I'd like to point out, by doing it like this you'll probably going to run through ammo quite quickly, especially if you use burst fire.  Also I was under the impression that SMGs where two-hand weapons, so how do you use 4 at a time?
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

Nelzy

• Newb
« Reply #2 on: <05-03-17/0906:19> »
I played a character who had a potential of 12 attacks per combat round (2 machine pistols, 3 IP, 2 shots/IP).  Of course doing that my split dicepools got quite small, so I mostly only did 6 attacks per round.  That was quite maneagable, so 8 should also work.  It's also a question of being ready for it.  While you roll, the other players should be thinking about their next action and while they roll, you should do the same.  After a couple of attacks the defense value of the target will be down by quite a bit, so after a while there will be no more defense rolls.

Ty for the info.

One thing I'd like to point out, by doing it like this you'll probably going to run through ammo quite quickly, especially if you use burst fire.  Also I was under the impression that SMGs where two-hand weapons, so how do you use 4 at a time?

From what i gather, there is no core rule about weapons and number of hands, but in Arsenal there is a rule that classes Rifles and larger as 2-hand, so that would make Smg:s 1h weapons.
But ultimetly its up to the gm.