NEWS

Bye, Bye Blackbird IC

• 187 Replies

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #15 on: <04-14-17/1558:31> »
"I just made her more attractive... how cool is that" Thought Marco and continued with casual talk and fine dine, Marco will enjoy the conversation and will only get to buissness after desserts.

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #16 on: <04-15-17/0105:48> »
The waiter is excellent at his job, dishes appearing and wine soliticously poured without any effort or signal from either of them. But, when he proffered a dessert menu Marco's dinner companion looked at him and smiled. "Despite the excellence of the wine may I recommend dessert at a patisserie near here? It's truly excellent and even at this hour we will have an excellent choice of fresh baked items."
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <04-16-17/0158:49> »
"Why can't things stay on course" thinks Marco as his natural paranoia amplifies.  An uncontrolled environment seemed like a good place to get killed.  His face kept his regular mask, of what genuinely was a very enjoyable meetup.
"Sure, let's do it, you seem to be knowledgeable about the city." Then he thinks "Either the guy is into me, or he is after me... How can I ever trust anyone after these events?"

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <04-16-17/1817:44> »
The waiter hands each of them their checks and the man Marco has spent the past hour watching slots his cred stick as smoothly as he's done everything else. Once Marco has paid for his meal he stands, and motions him out the door and into the cold evening air. A car is waiting for him and he gets in, motioning Marco to follow him.
Thought      Speech     Astral     Matrix/com       Mentor/Spirit     other lang.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <04-17-17/0220:09> »
Marco asks Velenkoradi "Check for me how many people are in that car."
[spoiler]
assensing: 7d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
He fakes a little incoming call, but instead checks the matrix around the car. Did someone forget a smart gun online... silently running devices...  Marco has good eyes, but little expirience with using the matrix. "What am I even looking for?" he thinks as he signals Queen to hold on a minute and mimics subtle data manipulation, a text perhaps in AR.

[spoiler]
matrix perception
Matrix perception: 6d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

Matrix asides, he takes a brief look at the car, trusting his intuition to signal him if it was a trap, before reaching his decision.
[spoiler]
Physical perception.
Perception: 8d6t5 4
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-17-17/0224:36> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #20 on: <04-17-17/2159:31> »
Velenkoradi's graceful form swirls sensuously around Marco and then answers, People? There is only one person in the box. Marco's data search finds the vehicle and local business but not much else. And he can't delay much longer, the casual, relaxed man he's been chatting with has disappeared, the man in the car is all business and is waiting expectantly for Marco to get in.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #21 on: <04-18-17/0237:20> »
Marco enters the car apologizing for the delay.
[spoiler]
Marco did not search for anything,  he observed the nearby icons searching for wireless weapons or other suspicious things.
With his skills he would not bother searching the matrix.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <04-18-17/0239:31> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <04-18-17/1342:33> »
The man he's been with watches him get in. But, doesn't say anything until the door is shut. "I've got your items. But, I'd be willing to talk an exchange of favors instead of money. You've got a real smooth way about you and I'm betting you could get into a high security dinner without an invite if you wanted to. And all you'd have to do is present one of the guests with my card." The card is expensive looking, and has only one line of elegant lettering.

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <04-19-17/0335:08> »
Marco examined the card carefully and then said
"
That depends...
when is this dinner party is?
How secure does 'secure' means?
Who is the specific guest?
Is there anything illegal about this card?
What is the expected reaction to this card? Is it a threat? an offer?
Should I disappear afterward? Answer his questions?

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #24 on: <04-19-17/1228:10> »
The man's lips quirk up very slightly in approval of the questions. And he answers, "Party is tonight, they should just be getting into the swing of things. Secure is president of a small nation secure. The guest is the head of finance for said small country, There is nothing illegal about the card, neither is it inherently dangerous in and of itself, but it is very much a threat. And you should definitely disappear afterwards."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #25 on: <04-19-17/1556:56> »
"So let me get it straight, you would like me to infiltrate a party with a foreign leader, approach the head of finance, deliver a threat and get out of there safely, you want me to do this right now, without planning and you do not know exactly what kind of security there is there.  You also want me to do this rushed job for a bunch of party drugs? I may be interested, but you will have to reimburse me handsomely for this.

Let say 50k + drugs, for such a rushed job and honestly even then I will be doing this job as a favor as you clearly have no good method of delivering this card and no time to go scouting. "

[spoiler]
Negotiation: 18d6t5 5
[/spoiler]

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <04-19-17/1649:44> »
The man throws back his head and laughs. And then looks at Marco grinning, "Twenty for the fun of watching you work."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #27 on: <04-19-17/1757:50> »
Marco remains serious and does not move a muscle in his face. He knows what he is worth, and he bets that Queen can figure out as well. Instead he pulls out a credstick out of his wallet and load it with money.   "Moment ago you tried to hire me for party drugs, now you offer 20k. It may be funny for you but I know my price. It is 50k, not 20k and  I am certain that it is well within your means given the kind of people you interact with. Ask your friend about me if you need reassurances, you will find no one better than myself. I offer you the rare chance to be lucky and avoid the consequences of  a gig you have not yet figured out and did not do the appropriate legwork for." He pulls out a credstick and loads some money into it, saying "But since I am too expensive for your taste... I am more than willing to generously pay for the drugs double their market price for the wonderful company and the speed delivery.
« Last Edit: <04-19-17/1818:37> by gilga »

ismilealot

• Ace Runner
« Reply #28 on: <04-19-17/2317:21> »
The man pulls out a slot to accept the credstick into and says, "I can respect that you know what you're worth. And I'd already hired cheaper. But my mage said your choice of spirits was interesting and that it pointed to a very unusual set of abilities. In my line of work, it pays to know skillsets." He verify's that the transaction is complete and then says, "There really is an excellent patisserie here if you'd like dessert."

gilga

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <04-20-17/0007:10> »
Marco grinned "Perhaps things are cheaper in Poland... What can I say, I can go a bit lower if I am sharing the job and the risk with others. Gives me a chance to know new people and the 50k were to feed more than one mouth. Every professional needs backup in case things go south.
At any case, you have my number feel free to contact me if you need my skillset."

With a pause, he said "Here is your cred. I'll go get some sweets though I wouldn't eat more than a couple of bites. You are welcome to share a desert with me if you are not busy... " with a flirtitious smile he added "Perhaps we can discuss my other skills"
« Last Edit: <04-20-17/0109:12> by gilga »