NEWS

AresSpace launch sites

• 5 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <12-13-16/1135:58> »
Hi all,

Run & Gun does includes some info on the numerous space station ran by the Megas, but does not provides too much information on "launch site". In Market Panic, there is some mention on the space elevator or the the use of the Kilimanjaro facility now run by MCT, but not much...

So do we know (maybe from some previous edition) from where does Ares launch stuff in space ? I am assuming that because they acquired NASA, and are running the mission from Houston, that they may still be using the Kennedy Space center, nearby Orlando, but it would be nice to have some confirmation of that....

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <12-13-16/1249:18> »
The two largest Ares sites are Cape Canaveral and Kodiak Station per Hazard Pay, p.132.

lokii

• Chummer
« Reply #2 on: <12-13-16/1251:26> »
Year of the Comet, p.14

AresSpace launch facilities are concentrated on the North American continent. Cape Canaveral is their primary launch pad and sees more rocket launches per year than any other facility in the world (approximately one a week). Kennedy Space Center in Florida, Edwards Base in Calfree and Wallops Island in Virginia also see launches on a less frequent schedule, as do the China Lake and Inyokern Test Range sites. Most orbit-destined spaceplane flights launch from either the Edwards AresSpace base or from the Alaskan Spaceport on Kodiak Island, in the Athabascan Council.

I don't think any later book had this list again.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <12-13-16/1323:43> »
Awesome ! Thanks a lot , I will have never thought that back...   :)

Crimsondude

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <12-14-16/2232:43> »
Horizon's Mojave Spaceport is where Edwards AFB used to be (Corporate Enclaves; Hazard Pay, but it's erroneously referred to as Andrews).

To add to the blurb from YotC, Hazard Pay indicates that there are 14 active launch pads at Cape Canaveral.
« Last Edit: <12-14-16/2238:46> by Crimsondude »

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <12-15-16/1109:15> »
Oh thanks for this - I read Corporate Enclave (on LA) a couple of month back, and I had totally forgot they mentioned anything related to space !