NEWS

Ambidextrous

• 1 Replies

忍

« on: <12-05-16/2044:32> »
Quote from: Core 71pg.
The Ambidextrous character can handle objects equally well with either hand. Without this quality, any action performed solely with the off–hand (i.e., firing a gun) suffers a –2 dice pool modifier (see Attacker Using Off-Hand Weapon, p. 178).

Quote from:  Core 178pg.
Attacker Using Off-Hand Weapon

Trying to throw, shoot, or even pick your nose with your off-hand just feels plain awkward. Any time a character tries to make an attack with their off hand, either due to injury, angle, or trying to re-enact the latest scene from the Ares blockbuster series, they lose some precision. This modifier also applies to the attacker’s total dice pool if they are trying to fire two weapons at once.
Emphasis mine.

Say an ambidextrous PC wants to shoot off his two Ares Predator V's at threatening Ancient. Would he use a Multiple Attack Free Action with a Fire Weapon Simple Action thusly splitting his Agility+Pistols (±modifiers) into two pools, one for each gun?

Slipperychicken

• Chummer
« Reply #1 on: <12-05-16/2123:44> »
He could make multiple attacks, just not at the same target. It's a general rule that a character shouldn't be able to make more than one attack against a target in the same initiative pass, or at least not in the same turn. I think it's not terribly realistic, but it does help balance out things like automatic fire and grenades.

If I was GMing, I'd probably rule the action (firing two SA pistols at once at the same target) as either a semi-auto burst (3 bullets, -2 defense), or a long burst (6 bullets, -5 defense), depending on how many times the character is pulling the triggers.

edit:
Now that I think of it, the "damage for no defense" variant rule from Run & Gun pg 110 may be worth considering to help model the effectiveness of automatic fire (or in this case, multiple semi-automatic pistols fired at once). Basically, if the defense penalty from automatic fire would drop the target's defense pool below 0, it adds +1 DV for each 2 points the defense pool would go under zero.

You could also represent this kind of shooting with one of the 'Aimed Burst' maneuvers from Run & Gun, which basically replace the burst/auto-fire defense penalties with damage buffs.
« Last Edit: <12-05-16/2240:46> by Slipperychicken »