NEWS

[IC] Prologue: Killdare

• 82 Replies

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <10-21-16/1531:36> »
KIlldare wipes his blade off and sheaths it back in his boot and is caught totally unawares when Vicki shoots the intruders.
Geezus girl? What the hell? That was totally unnecessary and Gunderson wanted to know what was going on. These guys might have been able to tell us something.
Killdare turns and looks at the bleeding man to see if he's going to make it.
I don't know if this guy is going to be doing much talking.

[spoiler]
First Aid (Diagnose ): 7d6t5 2
If I don't have to take extraordinary measures to save this guy I will, because I didn't come in with my medkit.
First Aid (Stabalize): 7d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

Killdare looks through their pockets and checks for anything they have on them that might give some information about who they are.

[spoiler]
That includes commlinks because Gunderson might be able to crack them. I'll also grab anything worth decent nuyen, like credsticks and their guns.
[/spoiler]
Maybe we should call Gunderson?
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <10-21-16/1555:21> »
Fuck that, these pigs lost their right to breathe.  You want to know what's going on?  They are some schmuck gang from Tacoma call themselves the Giants.  Their friends were in here yesterday hassling me wanting protection money.  Gunderson sent a girl and she geeked em, now their punk ass friends heard they were last seen here and were trying to get info.  I called Gunderson but those fuckers threatened to rape me so I fucking shot one and locked myself in the office.  That's when you showed up.  She shoots the one that was unconscious before you came in.  Now move, I'm going to ventillate that guy.

They are each carrying colt government 2066's and a metalink it's crap but you might be able to make a few hundred off of them.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <10-21-16/2154:08> »
Killdare hesitates a second and then moves aside. These guys probably deserved it, he rationalizes. Trying to rape a 15 year old girl? This other guy is beyond help anyway. He collects the guns and commlinks and phones Gunderson.

Everything under control here. Vicki's OK. She says its a bunch of local gangers named the Giants trying to extort protection money. I'm headed back to you after I help Vicki clean up this mess.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <11-11-16/1951:56> »
Vicki nods at you as you step aside and she shoots him in the head without so much as flinching.  This waif of a girl is either in the grip of a rage so powerful that you can barely tell or she is a stone cold killer.  You are not sure which idea disturbs you more.

I expect there is a more thorough explanation pending.  Gunderson responds.

Thanks, says Vicki.  You don't have to help.  This is sorta what I do.  This is a morgue and chop shop after all.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <11-11-16/2039:56> »
Gunderson, I'll be over shortly. Killdare cuts the comm off.
No problem. A little gore doesn't bother me none. Let me help you get these guys up on the table.
They sure didn't make 15 year olds like this when I was a kid, Killdare thinks.
He uses the excuse to hang around a little longer and see if Vicki is any more forthcoming or if any more trouble is going to show up.
So what's a nice girl like you doing in a joint like this? Killdare jokes, trying to lighten the mood.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <11-11-16/2236:43> »
If you want.  You help pick up some of the equipment and get the goons up on the tables.  You work in silence until you break it with your joke.  Vicki sighs and grabs a heavy apron and goggle and starts putting them on before she answers.

Gunderson paid my way through 6 years of medical school and I'm here paying him back.  She take a bottle of some chemical and splashes small amounts on the bloodied tiles of the floor as she speaks.  She grabs a hose and starts spraying the floor, rinsing towards the indented drains.  You think I'm a kid don't you?  I get that a lot, but I'm 23.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <11-14-16/0239:00> »
Well you do look young, but I try not to make assumptions. Believe it or not I went to medical school myself.
Killdare makes small talk with Vicki while they clean up the mess, hoping to get a little more out of her.
So what's with these Giants? I mean they really don't look that big. This protection racket a new thing around here?

[spoiler]
Gang Knowledge: 8d6t5 1
Well with that roll I don't know much. LOL
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <11-15-16/2223:27> »
No gunderson does that and provides real protection.  I'm probably targetted the most because I look so the boys figure I'm easy pickings.  The only thing giant about them are their egos.  I think they run out of tacoma.
« Last Edit: <11-15-16/2226:06> by Stuttrboy »

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <11-16-16/0149:17> »
Well.. speaking of Gunderson, I should get over and see him. He owes me money. Killdare laughs a little.
Glad I could help out. See ya 'round.
Killdare heads out and makes his way back to the Next Round to see Gunderson about payment. He is overly cautious on the way there, just in case there are any Giants still around, or they decide to try for some payback on the road.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <11-16-16/2211:12> »
Bye she says as you leave.

When you reach The Next Round Gunderson seems to be in a foul mood.  He's usually buried in his PDA but today he is looking up at every noise.  He thrusts his chin at you when you come in and he kicks out a chair for you.
Tell me you figured out what's going on over there? He says spinning a cred stick in front of him.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <11-16-16/2308:53> »
Killdare takes the chair that Gunderson offers and thinks about ordering a beer, but then decides better of it, thinking Gunderson is in no mood for delays.

Well.. sure enough there were four drek heads tearing up the joint when I got there. Seems like Vicki had got one of them before she she locked herself in the other room. I took out the other three and was going to question them, but when I told Vicki the coast was clear she came out and blew all their brains out. I tried to stop her, but she wasn't havin' none of it. Seems like she didn't take kindly to them trying to rape and kill her. She's got a temper that's for sure. I talked to Vicki and she said the guys were gangers out of Tacoma. Some crew name of Giants. They've been trying to extort protection money. She really didn't say much more, just that there was similar trouble the other day and you had to send someone over. Don't these Giant guys know you run the protection around here?

Killdare feels like he is missing some piece of the puzzle, and worries he might not get payed again. He sticks his hand in his jacket pocket and fumbles around to find an ampule of Bliss, but he thinks better of taking it in front of Gunderson. He doesn't know him that well and it might not look very professional taking drugs at a business meeting. Even if it is a bar.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <11-17-16/2047:10> »
No one runs protection here.  I'm sort of the unofficial sheriff.  I have the manpower to keep the peace and the businesses chip in to keep the bills paid.  Typically groups get it in their head to try to start that crap here once in a while but we don't usually have to make an example quite this often. 

Both groups are from the Giants, and they are escalating, but why did they both target Vick?

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <11-17-16/2123:44> »
Well all Vicki told me was that the first group was trying to shake her down and then the second group came looking for those guys when they never came back. I'm assuming Vicki "disappeared" them like she did these guys.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <11-18-16/1954:02> »
Something about that story stinks.  Well you weren't as thorough as I'd have liked but you did your job.  Payment in full.  Gunderson slides a credstick your way.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <11-18-16/2036:24> »
Yah.. She might have killed those guys to keep 'em quiet. Hard to say. Sorry I couldn't get more for you. I could poke my nose around if you want, not sure what I'm looking for though. Maybe Vicki is into something with those Giants. I could watch her place for a bit. See if there is anything going on there, although surveillance isn't really my specialty.