NEWS

[IC] Prologue: Killdare

• 82 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <09-27-16/2314:00> »
Your Doc wagon shift is over and you scratch at the 5 o clock shadow that's grown over the last two day, you are beat but you are also considering what drug might be fun tonight.  You close up your locker and head to your vehicle when your comm link buzzes.  Gunderson has left a message.  >>I understand you are tired of just patching people up.  Let's see if you've got what it takes.  There's a dealer in Idylwood Park,we've run him off a few times he's not one of ours and he's selling BTLs to fucking children.   Someone needs to end him.  I know you're a paramedic and all but believe me you are saving lives here,
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #1 on: <09-28-16/0220:13> »
Killdare changes out of his work clothes, exchanging the red and white DocWagon jacket for his own black long coat. He tosses his blood stained clothes into the bin for cleaning by the auto-wash and heads to the garage. Killdare fires up the Thundercloud Morgan and pulls out of the corp parking structure. Once clear of the area he reboots his commlink and checks his "less than legit" messages, hoping there are none so he can get back to his doss, drop some Bliss and zone out.  Drek. What's this guy want? Killdare listens to the message as he winds his way back to his doss. BTLs to children. What the hell? That drek has got to stop. Killdare has seen the results of BTL burnout enough times to despise the dealers that sell 'em. But selling to kids is a whole 'nother level of asshole. He fires off a quick message to Gunderson, I'll be happy to end this piece of drek for yah.

Killdare drops by his doss to pick up his gear and figures its gunna be a long night, so instead of the Bliss he was looking forward to he mainlines some Long Haul. With the Long Haul fresh in his veins, he packs up his med bag, slips his trusty knife into his combat boot, straps on the shoulder holster with his T-250 and grabs his holdout for good measure. With one last look around the room to make sure he hasn't forgotten anything, he heads over to meet Gunderson.
Nothing is foolproof. Fools are so ingenious.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-28-16/0916:04> »
The Next Round is busy.  There's a guy at the bar and a couple in a booth.  Gunderson appears to be in the middle of a hushed conversation with one of his boys and Scout and the beatnik troll are chatting away.  After Gunderson is done talking to his boy he invites you over with a jerk of his head.

We don't know if this guys is affilitated,  He says swiping a picture to your com link.  It pulls up a large black man in biker leathers and a grey hoodie.  His face is painted with a white skull.  Colorful guy, hard to miss.  He dresses up like some cheap trid version of a bocor.  There will be witnesses but nobody will talk to the cops, but if he has friends they might hear about it so you don't want to stand out too much.  We'll give you 1200 for the job.  My regular boys are already hunting down another group of thugs so I'm outsourcing, so do this tonight or I'll just have my guys do it.  Any questions?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <09-28-16/1512:34> »
Well drek. I was hoping to have a couple drinks, but I guess there's no time for that. Killdare looks over his current attire to decide if he's going to stand out amongst the dregs in that neighborhood. For 500 more I'll bring him back to you alive so you can ask him questions. Like who he's working for. Or I could question him myself. Either way. I don't care. I'd just as soon end this guy.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-28-16/2037:36> »
Gunderson shrugs.  I'd suggest drinking after, but you do what you gotta do to calm your nerves or whatever.  If he's got reigns they are too stupid to be any threat to us...you on the other hand.  Well you're just one guy after all, no offense.  Put em in the ground he's had his chances.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <09-28-16/2158:45> »
Killdare gets the info from Gunderson and leaves the Next Round. He fires up the Morgan and heads to the park. When he gets a few blocks away he parks the bike in a nearby alley and sets the anti-theft system. It's not going to be hard to sneak up on this chip dealer, but no use giving him more of a chance than he deserves. Killdare switches the magazine in his shotgun to slugs, then to gel and back to slugs again, unable to decide. It's one thing to see a guy bleed out from a gut shot cause you arrived on the scene too late, it's quite another to be the one doing the shooting. Finally he decides on the gel rounds. Not so much because he wants to let the guy live, but in case some bystander gets in the mix. He pulls the Combat Knife from his boot and checks the edge. Razor sharp, like a surgeon's scalpel. Looks like tonight I'm gunna have to cut out some cancer. he says to himself. He puts the knife back in its sheath and clips it to his belt on the back of his right side hip where he can get to it quickly. He practices drawing it a few times until he feels comfortable with the location. Donning his ballistic mask he glances around the alley for the elements of a makeshift disguise. The mask will keep anyone from identifying him, but a little trickery will make it easier to get up close to him before he realizes anything is wrong. Nothing fancy, this drek-head probably won't be expecting trouble, just need to look like a chip-head. He sticks his hand in the gutter and wipes some of the mess on his jacket. The smell assaults his nostrils, but it will only help sell the effect. He grabs a poly-bag that's drifting down the alley and covers his head, as if he is using it to keep the rain out. He grabs a couple of the leads from his medkit and drapes them around his neck like they are BTL trodes. It won't fool the guy up close, but by that time it should be too late.

Having seen a thousand whacked out chip heads in his time its not hard to fake that shuffling walk they all get after a time. Head down to hide his face and the poly-bag draped over his head, Killdare wanders into the park to track down the dealer. He stops the first chip-head he finds and asks where he can score some "beetles".
« Last Edit: <09-29-16/0017:55> by Overbyte »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-29-16/2101:17> »
It takes a few tries most are so zoned they can't do much more than drool at you.  The third guy eyeballs you he scratching at sores on his hands and swatting invisible insects.  You wanna score?  Sure man I can show you but, uh, I'm a little short on cash for a fix, so I don't really got no reason to go over there.  You front me 300 and I can take you and we can slot em at my campsite.  Whattya say?

[spoiler]  cut out some cancer, cheesy but I like it.  [/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-29-16/2103:50> by Stuttrboy »

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <09-29-16/2133:58> »
300? If I had 300 wouldn't be down here looking to score, I'd be uptown. But I'll give you 50 and 50 more if the guy's got anything good

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-29-16/2245:11> »
He sniffs and wipes his nose on his sleeve  Nah man he's got bomb shit, but if yer cheap he's got a few selections for 150, I'm fuckin broke so I don't care I guess.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #9 on: <09-30-16/0007:45> »
Killdare slots him the full 100, figuring that way the chip-head will be in a hurry to get his fix and not be paying attention to much else. Lead on chief. He lets the other man go ahead, hoping the guy will act as yet another distraction to his intended target.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-30-16/2055:07> »
Right on man let's go party.  He scampers toward the the middle of the park.  You follow him until he comes to a large group picnic shelter.  You hang back a little as you seek an ork dressed very much like you pats him down before letting him to the shrouded figure under the marquee.  Maybe the guy is not quite as dumb as Gunderson thought.  Looks like he bartered services for goods with this one.  You're up next for the pat down.

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <09-30-16/2147:36> »
Killdare is reminded of something a former military guy once told him. A plan is just a list of things that ain't gunna happen. Well that's certainly what his plan is now. But nothing for it. Killdare hunches over and tucks his hand inside his jacket gripping the handle of the sawed off shotgun. No use killing this guy. Not really his fault his boss is a bottom-feeder. As soon as he sees the mask he's gunna know the jig is up, but by that time he'll be close enough to shoot him somewhere his armor (if he's got any) wont help him. If his jacket is open a gel round to the nuts will drop him in an instant or one under his chin. Either way, should only take one shot and hopefully he can catch the dealer before he gets his bearings. They shouldn't be expecting much trouble from a bunch of chip-heads.

Killdare stumbles forward into the bodyguard and hopes everything goes to plan.. oh right.. that list of things that's not going to happen.

[spoiler]
Sneaking (to stumble convincingly and hide the gun): 7d6t5 3
Surprise (to get the drop on them): 8d6t5 2
Surprise (if I get the +3 dice): 11d6t5 4
Initiative: 8+2d6 18
Shotgun (called shot if I have surprise on him): 7d6t5 2
Shotgun (normal if I dont have surprise): 11d6t5 3
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <10-01-16/0012:14> by Overbyte »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <10-01-16/1155:08> »
You stumble against the guard and bring your shotgun up and blast him in the chin.   His head rocks back and he crumples to the ground.  He's not quite out but he doesn't seem to be making any attempt to get up.  The chip-head you came with ducks turning towards you with his eyes wide in disbelief at the sound.  The cowled man pulls a gun and turns tail and runs, firing wildly behind him.

[spoiler]go ahead and roll a defense check and give me a body+armor if you don't score more than 2 hits.  Then running if you give chase.[/spoiler]

Overbyte

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <10-01-16/1517:05> »

[spoiler]
Defense Test: 8d6t5 2
Soak: 19d6t5 4
Nice roll  >:(
I'm guessing I have a -1 Wound Modifier now.
Running: 7d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

Killdare gives chase dodging around the fleeing chip heads and jumping over the ones that are lying on the ground in the throws of a BTL-induced coma, his natural low-light vision giving him a clear view in the moonlit night. He figures that should give him the advantage over this wanna-be-voodoo asshole.
Running won't help you, you piece of drek.

[spoiler]
If he's got too good of a head start I'll shoot him, hoping the force of the gel round will make him lose his footing.
Otherwise if I can catch him I'll put away my gun and draw my knife, jumping on him and/or making a charging attack with my knife.
Shotgun (-1 Wound, -1 Range): 9d6t5 5   (9S damage, 0 AP)
Unarmed/Subduing (-1 Wound, +2 Charging): 7d6t5 2
Knife (-1 Wound, +2 Charging): 13d6t5 3     (9P damage, -3 AP)
or without the charging bonus (if you prefer)  ;)
Unarmed/Subduing (-1 Wound): 5d6t5 1
Knife (-1 Wound): 11d6t5 4
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <10-02-16/1332:53> »
[spoiler]My mistake you tied, it was a grazing hit only.[/spoiler]

He doesn't have much of a lead but you aren't gaining on him as quickly as you'd like.  You fire your shotgun and blow the dealer off his feet sending him tumbling.  You catch up to him  and he rolls over to face you using his legs to edge away from you his arms out in front him.  No. no. no. Don't kill me man.  I, I got money, I can hook you up, won't ever come back.  Please. please.