NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Arachne

• 85 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #75 on: <12-19-16/1942:34> »
Sure.  I appreciate it.

I head over to The Next Round to fill Gunderson in on the details.  Presenting the evidence I found in such a way as to back up the scenario Vicki mentioned.

Looks to me like Vicki contact the leader of the giants about something and he sent some goons in response.  They were clearly trying to make her do something she didn't want to do when I got there, but if the boss sent them that's how they'd know to go to Vicki about it.  I've slept since then but I think they said something about taking her out.  Her need was legit but she may have said something stupid to get them to come down on her.  You think she's taking advantage of you somehow?  She seems smart enough to cover her tracks better if that were true.  I found this stuff pretty easy so it's not like she was trying to hide it, in my professional opinion it was a simple mistake.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #76 on: <12-22-16/2215:30> »
I suppose that explains my biggest question.  Your professional opinion huh?  I suppose I'll call her and let her talk her way out of it.  I didn't really think she was being malicious, but I have to investigate or people start thinking they can take advantage.

Then again,  looking at it in a certain light it almost seems like they were lured here and then she abused her protection from me to get them killed to make a little money off of.
  He says his eyes never looking up from the PDA.

You feel yourself go a little pale hearing almost the exact same words you used to confront Vicki.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #77 on: <12-27-16/1440:53> »
Well yeah... Worst case scenario she could be.  I think if that were the case she would have tried to hide the call at least a little.  Her story checks out with the one call and my experience from the first job.  Are you pissed that I tried to get Trip help while I was investigating?  I didn't...I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

Did I fuck up Gunderson?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #78 on: <12-29-16/2051:45> »
Gunderson raises his eyebrow at you.  Yeah you fucked up, but I'm trying to decide how badly you did.  It isn't about you helping Trip it's about you not giving me the full debrief.  I don't think you were trying to screw me over but I don't think the job was completed satisfactorily either.

What do you think is appropriate?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #79 on: <12-30-16/2259:40> »
I cut some corners in the report, maybe.  I didn't hide any information from you, I didn't screw you over.  I understand that you feel that the conversation was shady but it was an interrogation tactic.  That's why I didn't mention it because I figured she would be more likely to give me the truth if it seemed like I was conspiring.  Her story scanned Gunderson that's all it was.

I don't know what you want from me.  You basically own me at this point so I guess there's not much I can do if you want to cut my pay or something, but I thought you trusted me enough this wouldn't be such a big deal.  If I violated your trust I'm sorry but I would never have screwed you over.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #80 on: <12-31-16/1609:08> »
FIne, but let me be clear.  I expect you to be totally up front about this sort of thing in the future.  I don't mind anything that you did, right up until you didn't tell me about it.  Do we understand each other?

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #81 on: <01-01-17/1742:18> »
Crystal, I nod.  I'm sorry.  I didn't even think about it that way.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #82 on: <01-02-17/1856:24> »
Look kid, I like you, but I have trust issues.  It's an adapted survival trait.  I suggest you think about all  the angles in the future.  Gunderson places a credstick on the table in front of you.   

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #83 on: <01-03-17/2049:37> »
You got it.  I pocket the cred stick and toss him casual semi-salute as I leave.  Later Gunderson.

I head home for some much needed sleep.  When I get there I find I need to unwind a bit so I log onto the matrix and start surfing.  Checking out the specs on my new deck, looking into the lasted gossip.  A second murder has made the news same guy as the pier probably with the body torn to shreds and all.  A few of the talking faces discuss the likelihood of it being the same guy or a copy cat.  All idle speculation.  Rumors of a monster in Redmond, some of the locals are calling it the return of the Slender Man.  A few comments about increased visitation to the local graveyard have made the rounds as well.  A lot sure seems to be happening these days.

I finally unwind enough to catch some sleep and dream of spirits and circuitry.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #84 on: <01-03-17/2145:23> »
You wake up refreshed with a text on your com link.  Next round 2100 hours.  Got a project for you.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #85 on: <01-06-17/2219:38> »
 I'm going to spend the next few hours doing matrix searches on our neighborhood looking for gossip current events type stuff, sticking to the shadow-boards and that sort of thing.  Then I will head to The Next Round at 2030ish.

[spoiler]matrix searches: 9d6t5 4 9d6t5 2 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll