NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Arachne

• 85 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #30 on: <09-27-16/2100:48> »
His eye light up when you send over the money.  Ah, Thank ye lass, yer a good sort.  Nah it weren't a spider, that was a metaphor, a simile to be precise.  Nah it was pale, human-ish, claws, moved fast too, didn't get a very good look.  Trips takes you to a manhole cover a few blocks away stopping only a few times to catch his breath of a fit of coughing.  If ya go in there be careful girl.  I got bit heading south in there trying ta follow it, you don't want to wind up like me.  Good luck to ya and I'll laugh in that pale fucks face when he finds me and I'll tell him to watch his ass when he comes for you.  You think you've made a friend...as short lived as it might be.
« Last Edit: <09-27-16/2124:25> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #31 on: <09-27-16/2147:19> »
Righteous Cap!  Go have fun, I'll be careful.  Once in the sewer I turn on the flashlight on my com-link and head south.  I draw my gun and watch out for rats devil or otherwise.

Child of Iktomi come to me  I summon a Force 4 spirit of beasts
[spoiler]summon resist drain: 10d6t5 4
Resist: 4d6t5 1
drain: 10d6t5 2 ouch[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <09-27-16/2255:34> by Ennui »
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #32 on: <09-28-16/0823:43> »
A large spider crawls out of the aether and onto your shoulder greeting you in the ancient Sioux ways.  After you head south a while the sewer T's but you see a flickering light to west.  Investigating quickly you come across a pile of trash cluttering the entrance to a small room.  A trashcan fine is going and a pale human sits near it apparently in VR based on its posture trodes and deck in front of it.  Upon closer inspection this human is very pale has razor sharp claws and appears to be slightly rotting.  This is a ghoul.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #33 on: <09-28-16/0929:58> »
Ah, a ghoul.  That's exactly what Captain Trips described wasn't it.  I walk up to the ghoul ready for any movement.  I check out its rig in a cool profesional interest.  If it so much as twitches I sic the spirit on him and put a burst into its head.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #34 on: <09-28-16/0948:31> »
You splatter brains against the wall and the world has one less ghoul in it.  You can't help but think this was an easy job...maybe too easy, but no sense looking a gift horse in the mouth.  The ghoul was hunched over a hermes chariot, it's scuffed and used but in perfectly good condition once you wipe the blood off of it.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #35 on: <09-28-16/1059:12> »
I look around for more ghouls drawn by the sound.  I take a picture with my com and send a link to Gunderson while gathering up my new deck.  This does seem too easy, I wonder when the other shoe will drop.

>>Trips led me to a sewer and pointed me in this direction.  He described a ghoul and I found him and shot him.  I think I solved our problem.<<

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #36 on: <09-28-16/1458:31> »
Gunderson texts you back almost immediatelyI don't think so.  One of Trips buddies just called said he got nabbed while waiting for some girl, I assume that was you.  Keep looking.  Some of those ghouls do work for some of us in exchange for uh...medical waste.  I hope you didn't geek someone with friends.

You check the logs on the dead mans rig.  He'd been logged on for hours.  There's no way he could be the one to take Trip even if he'd somehow been able to stash him.  This guy probably didn't have anything to do with the other missing folks either what with the similar MO.  But look on the bright side. You got a new deck out of it.

You break into cold sweats as you realized you just murdered an innocent, but you quickly snap out of it when you hear screams echoing through the tunnels.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #37 on: <09-28-16/2145:59> »
It was a ghoul surfing the matrix what the fuck was I thinking?  If he were a monster he wouldn't have been hacking he would be eating people.  Dammit

Upon hearing the screams I rush towards the sound casting Increased Reflexes and sending the spirit to lead me to trips.  I open my mind to the astral hoping to better find auras in the gloom.

[spoiler]Increased Reflexes F5: 9d6t5 3 +2  +1d6 init
drain resist: 10d6t5 3 no drain[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #38 on: <09-30-16/2020:23> »
A little of the inky polluted mana slips past your defenses as you drawn power for the spell your head hurts and your hands shake a bit after casting.  The potency of the spell withers and the price of the power higher.  You stumble a bit as you splash towards the screams that are suddenly choked off.  The passage way T's before you and you send your spirit one way and slog the other keeping a tenuous mental contact.

Moments later you see a shadowy form stuffing Trips body into a drainage pipe.  You call your spirit to your side as the ghoul turns to face you.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #39 on: <10-01-16/1052:54> »
I point my gun at him and say Stop right there asshole.  Did you kill him?  You're the one hunting the homeless here aren't you.

What am I doing talking to this monster?  He killed Trip.  No.  After the last one we make damn sure even if it looks obvious.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #40 on: <10-01-16/1237:54> »
No, I did not kill that meat.  That meat is sick.  You were the one I smelled, your meat smells fresh. The ghoul licks its lips with a forked tongue.  Perhaps I will take you to the Bishop, come quietly put down your gun, dismiss your spirit and I won't hurt you.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #41 on: <10-02-16/0321:19> »
I cock my head to the side as if considering the offer.  I don't think so Asshole.  I sic the spirit on it and open fire,

[spoiler]initiative, burst: 2d6+8 14 9d6t5 3[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #42 on: <10-02-16/1355:40> »
The bullets slam into the ghoul causing it to stumble and your spirit jumps on him bearing him to the ground slashing and tearing at each other.  the ghoul is wounded but still tears glowing rents through the spider in retaliation.

[spoiler]You get one more action then roll init again for the new round of combat.[/spoiler]

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #43 on: <10-02-16/1625:29> »
He's wounded. Maybe he would surrender if I offered him the chance.  He may be the only one who can tell me who this bishop is.  No he's a monster, he's kidnapping and eating people.  He was going to take trip or me.  I can't let it have the chance to continue.

I fire another burst at it.  Bullets can't hurt a spirit right?

[spoiler]burst, initiative: 9d6t5 3 2d6+8 13[/spoiler]

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #44 on: <10-02-16/2049:17> »
Your second burst riddles it's body as it paws weakly at the spider spirit, but it reaches for it's throat as the spirit rips out the astral equivalent of its throat and then lies still.  You hear coughing coming from the access drain as your spirit limps to your side.  You find Trip beaten and bruised, but alive.