NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Arachne

• 85 Replies

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-23-16/2138:56> »
That's exactly what you're paying me for, literally to ask questions.  I have a reason for wanting to know, the more information I have the better chance I have for getting to the bottom of the issue.  Chill out old man you'll blow a gasket.
Speech  Matrix  Sub-vocal  Thoughts

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”
― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-23-16/2236:24> »
Gunderson scowls at you for a moment.  Fine.  You got me there.  The fact is there are other people missing as well but I don't know if they are connected so I'm not going to tell you about them.  If you find a connection then I'll know.  Now go talk to them.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-24-16/1426:48> »
Okay.  I'll go check out the squat at Wuxley.  I get the address from Gunderson and hop in my car.  Find a bum and talk to him.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-25-16/0218:32> »
Wuxley is the decrepit part of South Cross.  The crash house is about a block away from a local soup kitchen so it's a popular place for the homeless or a runner on the lamb looking to blend in.  The corner of the building has caved in from some long untended defect.  A number of homeless people mill about outside and when you enter the building proper you see many unconscious or zoned out from whatever flavor of drug they may be abusing.  What few look like they might be capable of answering questions look at you with suspicion.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-25-16/1432:41> »
I approach one of the suspicious ones, slowly, hands out. while saying, Gunderson sent me.  I'm here to help.  He said some of you have gone missing and you're worried.  You hear about any of that?  Know anyone who might have seen or heard something?

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-25-16/1546:51> »
The old lady you singled out turns a bit as if to run, until you talk then she squints at you.  What does Gunderson care?  Then she looks down and mutters.  I don't know nothin' 'bout nothin'.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-25-16/1822:55> »
Sure.  That's a perfectly reasonable attitude to have, but I'm not the cops, I'm not looking to pinch anyone.  This is simply, a rare, community service.  Gunderson thinks there might be more going on that meets the eye so he's looking into it and making things safer for your chums here at the same time.  It's a win win situation, those don't come by very often.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-25-16/2155:17> »
Win for you not necessarily me.   Maybe you save a few of us, maybe I was never in danger.  What do I get out of this?

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-25-16/2329:07> »
Oh, sure.  I know info isn't free.  I told you I'm not shaking you down.  I'll pay if you've point me in the right direction,  That goes without saying.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-26-16/0029:39> »
fine.  You wanna talk to the cap'n.  Captain Trips he calls his self.  Seems ta me he ain't that trustworthy of a source but he's the one what's been telling everyone, he's the one who told Gunderson. 

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-26-16/0840:34> »
Do you know where I might find this Captain Trips?  If she knows I will give her a 100 nuyen.  If not I'll ask around to see if anyone knows and split it with the 50/50, then head out to find this guy.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-26-16/1501:39> »
A few blocks away you find a group of homeless sitting around a trashcan fire passing around a bottle.  One of them is wearing a naval cap of some kind.  That must be the captain the woman told you about.  You approach him and he looks ashen and has a fit of wracking coughs just as you get within earshot.  He wipes his mouth with his sleeve and you see it come away slick with blood.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-26-16/1804:04> »
I pull my bandana up over my mouth, just in case.  Damn Cap, you don't look so good.  You been to a clinic?  Gunderson sent me, said you had some missing friends, but maybe we should get you to the doctor.

Please say no.  I don't want to have to sterilize my car.

― Lewis Carroll

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-26-16/2003:30> »
The old man squints at you.  Do I know you friend?  Nah, my debts come due.  Damn Devil rat in the sewer bit me.  Blood infection, probably Vitas.   He wheezes a bit and is shaken by another fit of coughing.  He holds his hands up as you recoil.  I ain't contagious, been with my mates here since I been bit and they ain't sick.

Gunderson's actually looking into the monster eh?  Fucker came up outta this manhole cover and snatched up Bill like a goddamn trap door spider.  I can show you where.  We ain't too far...course, and I hate to ask, but me mates are tryin' ta send me off right and I could use some more booze for the pain ya see...
  he stifles another cough looking at you hopefully.

Ennui

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-27-16/1638:28> »
Aww, damn.  I'm sorry to hear that Cap that's a raw deal.  Hell yeah I'll contribute here's 200 you party hard you hear me, laugh in that fuckers face when he comes to take right.  I'll try and avenge your friend while I'm at too.  You said this was some kinda spider monster in the sewer?  Shit I may need back up.  Show me where it was.

― Lewis Carroll