NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Cigz

• 76 Replies

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« on: <09-21-16/1505:25> »
The Next Round is a cliche and that's part of its charm.  The fake wood paneling was the bright idea of the previous manager, put up to hide the yellowed tobacco stained walls.  The main bar isn't much to look at, the long bar with the old circular spinning stools bolted to the ground and two rows of booths.  The ork Gunderson sits at the booth furthest from the entrance an ever present fixture in this place.  Opposite him is the stairwell one flight leading up, one flight leading down. 

Downstairs you know, you've spent more time there than the bar maybe.  The cage matches held downstairs are brutal and bloody just like people like them.  Standing at the staircase is the oddest pair you've ever seen.  A girl who looks like she's still in her teens wearing a red beret and a T-shirt with an anarchy symbol on it and a moderately sized troll with round Lennon glasses and a beatnik beard dreadlocks and a necklace of beads.  They stop anyone who doesn't belong upstairs or down and while they don't look all that threatening you've seen them take out the trash with a terrifying efficiency.  Upstairs is another story you have no idea what goes on other than the ghostly clack of billiards tables in use.

Ken has been serving you drinks for a while and chatting with you like normal though for the past few minutes you've been a little freaked out by the trid news.  It's strange even for the Barrens a pair of bodies have been found at the docks hanging from their own entrails and literally slashed to ribbons.  So far the KE have had no leads and something about the story has left you uneasy.

You see Gunderson looking at you and when you make eye contact he gestures to you with a thrust of his chin and nods at the seat in front of him.  The invitation is clear.

« Last Edit: <09-21-16/1516:26> by Stuttrboy »
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Scawire

• Ace Runner
  • FightFightFight the endless Ninja Battle
« Reply #1 on: <09-21-16/1609:07> »
 Cigz is sitting at the bar chatting with Ken when he gets the motion from Gunderson to join him. Hey Ken bring me and my table a few drinks, I'll be paying for it. Cigz gives a small head nod in the direction of Gunderson's table as he makes his request to Ken I think you know what the two of us are drinking so one more round should do the job. Cigz stands up smashing his smoke into the ash tray next to him. Grabbing his glass Cigz empties the last of the whisky in the glass down his throat then makes his way over to his local fixer. I wonder what is on Gunderson's mind tonight maybe I'll luck out and get a job. Best not get my hopes up nuyen is tight and I just dropped some on the both of us so I best not run out before I make some more. Cigz looks over at the girl by the stairs on his way over, Nice threads Cigz is not a man of looks his nose is broken and he has been sporting a noticeable scar above his right eye for the last few years. The drek scar seems to pop from time to time in the ring, Cigz has learned to fight with blood in his eye and the house seems to cheer when it breaks, they do love there blood.

Cigz approaches Gunderson's table bows and addresses his fixer What can I do for you today Sir. Cigz waits for a reply and a more formal approval before sitting down.
« Last Edit: <09-21-16/1611:26> by Scawire »
Words,Thoughts,Matrix,Astral

Magic uses higher laws to over come lower laws.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <09-21-16/1715:12> »
Gunderson looks up from his PDA and not one to mince words he gets right down to business.  I got a job that I think you may be good at.  There's a guy goes by the name of Murphy, he owes me some money and he said he had a gig a few days back that would pay his debt to me.  He was supposed to deliver it yesterday and he's not answering his link.  I want you to find him and get me my money, if he doesn't have it you can get me his right hand instead.  Here's his address.  You can stop by and see if he's there if not maybe he left some clues where he's hiding out or you can ask around.

He goes back to looking at his PDA.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #3 on: <09-22-16/1635:09> »
Cigz was about to turn and leave but decided he should see if he could get some more info before leaving. Sorry to bother you Sir but could you provide a picture of the target and maybe the total of nuyen owed before I head out. Cigz is hoping the drinks he orders will show up shortly so he can maybe get some points with Gunderson since he is dreaming of making a living as a shadowrunner and Gunderson holds the keys to that door.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <09-22-16/1733:04> »
Ken takes that moment to deliver the drinks.  Gunderson looks up from his PDA I didn't order this.

It's from Mr. Cigz,
Ken replies.  Gunderson grunts at you as way of thanks.

No picture.  He owes me 5 grand.  I'd rather have the money than the hand, but either will do.
« Last Edit: <09-22-16/2123:05> by Stuttrboy »

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <09-22-16/2023:43> »
Cigz is happy to of gotten a bit more info from Gunderson, might be a bit hard without a picture but Cigz should be able to manage. Cigz gives a bow to Gunderson and backs away. Thanks for the work Sir, I'll get right on the job. Enjoy your drink. Glad that the drinks arrived before he left on the mission Cigz gratefully maybe a bit too gratefully took his drink from Ken and headed back to his bar stole.

Ken I'll be heading out thanks for getting those drinks for me. Cigz lights his hand rolled smoke and starts to slam back his shot of whiskey. I can't get any more drinks from you today old chap but I'll see if we can meet up in a day or two. You hold down the fort well I head back to the living. With the last of his whiskey burning at his guts now Cigz heads for the door with smoke in hand. Cigz opens the door and heads out into the streets. The first strike of light to his eyes blinds Cigz for a second or two, the first beam of light is always the worst but that is the price you pay when you hold down in a fort like the one he just left.

Cigz decided to walk to the bar today not sure if he was going to be able to drive after the day turned to night in his old hang out, so he turns down the street and starts on his stumpier back to his small pad. Best to get geared up for this one and shake any drink effects then head out.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <09-22-16/2128:14> »
The four block walk to your flat is uneventful.  Taking a look at the address you realize it's barely half a mile from here.  it's an apartment complex above an old pawn shop.  You've done business there in the past.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #7 on: <09-23-16/1539:56> »
Cigz makes his way home from the bar a bit put off that he is unable to down drinks all day but at least he has work for a change. The nuyen he makes from this job should help him make rent next month no need living on the street when you can bust some sculls to keep processed soy on the table.

Cigz enters his apartment extinguishing his smoke in the ash tray on the wall on his way in. The building is not much to look at but it houses Cigz single bedroom crash pad so to him it is the center of the universe. Cigz opens the door to his apartment to find the air filled with the smell of day old pizza and smokes. Cigz bolts the door after stepping inside, time to gear up and make his rent. Cigz strolls across his living room to his bedroom he would lift the bed to pull out his smg for the job but today he thinks his pistol and fist can get the nuyen back, I hope I'm not wrong on this one. Cigz opens his side dresser and pulls out 4 extra clips 2 with gel rounds and 2 with solid kill you dead slugs then stuffs them in 2 separate pockets in his long coat. Walking out the bedroom door to his laundry stricken living room Cigz can't help but think how him and his brother use to share a pad back in the day, neithor where clean roommates but at least you had someone you can trust to watch your back in the streets, today Cigz had only himself to trust on this run from nuyen. Cigz crosses the living room to what might pass as a kitchen if it wasn't for the cheap appliances the building owner installed in all the apartments. Cigz turned the tap on happy to see it had water running today, grabbing a package from the cabinet Cigz fills a glass full then empties the packet of orange flavor into the glass hoping this would help wake him up from any of the effects the alcohol has done to his mind. Downing the glass of orange water Cigz figures he has all he needs to make an attempt to get Gunderson his nuyen back. Short ride to his house might pay off best to start there. Cigz grabs his resporator to aid in hiding his face and his backpack filled with his electronics tool kit then heads for his bike.

Cigz makes his way to his bike after locking up his crash pad. His dark blue ride has a few scraps and bruises on it a lot like Cigz face but it still run. This old thing should get me there quicker. Cigz is glad he spread out his drinking with talking with Ken or his head might be too swimming with booze to even try a ride on his blue two wheel rocket. Starting the engine Cigz heads on out to the address provided to him by Gunderson really wishing he had a picture of the guy it makes getting the right perp easier.
« Last Edit: <09-23-16/1541:27> by Scawire »

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <09-23-16/1946:56> »
The old crotch rocket putters you through the dirty, rat-infested streets faster and instead of a 4 minute walk you pull up to the run down pawn shop a while 2 minutes faster.  You park your bike and head down the alley into the apartment complex.  There are two door and a flight of stairs, lucky you Murphy's apartment is on the second floor.  You can hear loud music playing from the room opposite his.  You knock, but there is no answer.  You try the door, but it is locked.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <09-24-16/1444:28> »
Cigz is not pleased the door didn't open with a man willing to hand over his nuyen now this is going to take time out of his day. Cigz looks over the locks on the door and decides the best thing to do is gain entrance into the apartment one way or another. Cigz makes sure his respirator and armored hood are in place to keeps his face hidden. This might not be legal but most of the people in this part of Seattle understand collecting on debts owed. Pulling out his tool kit Cigz gets to work on the lock.

[spoiler]
(OOC
I'm assuming mag locks for these rolls if I'm wrong take the last two dice off the end to lower from the maglock picking.

Removing Maglock Case: 7d6 26 2 hits

Removing Maglock Case 2: 7d6 27 2 hits

Picking Maglock: 7d6 18 1 hit

Picking Maglock 2: 7d6 27 2 hits

Let me know if you want more rolls
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <09-25-16/0513:05> »
[spoiler]It was a mechanical lock but that is fine, if you use 7D6t5 it will show the number of hits.[/spoiler]

You feel the lock slip and you twist to retract the deadbolt.  Gotta love low-tech and this guy is really low tech.  You enter the flat which is not much more than a fold down hide-a-bed a desk with an actual console, a hot plate and a bathroom.  No one is home and the only place a clue could be found would be the console.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #11 on: <09-25-16/2000:24> »
Cigz enters the room with his gun drawn not sure what he was going to find, half expecting to find his target dead in his bed Cigz is a bit let down not to see a rotting corpse to make his day easy. Great no one home this might take sometime. Cigz notices the console and hopes there will be intel on it that will aid him on his search for his mark. Wondering if the guy even uses a password to access the system Cigz gets his cyberdeck ready running his AR systems, but also just turns the console on well wearing his AR gloves. Lets see if I can juice your secrets out of you old junker.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #12 on: <09-25-16/2226:07> »
You play with the old tech for a bit before you crack how it's used.  It appears to be files of puzzles and games mostly finished but not quite.  Something strikes you as odd about these files but you can't put your finger on it.

There's also a few selfies.

Scawire

• Ace Runner
« Reply #13 on: <09-26-16/1433:29> »
With the console up and running Cigz still wants to get into the under belly of the system and to do that he will have to hack into it, best get my deck ready and rolling. Cigz configures his deck uploads his programs and starts to crack into the console.

[spoiler]
Deck configuration 5(6) firewall 4(5) sleaze 3 data processing 2 attack
programs (Baby monitor free), Stealth,encryption

Hacking to gain access to the computer
Hack on the Fly: 8d6t5 3

If needed second hack on the fly
Hack on the Fly2: 8d6t5 4

Once access is granted I wish to use matrix search to look through the system for hidden data, data I couldn't access before hacking in
Matrix search
Matrix Search: 8d6t5 3
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #14 on: <09-26-16/1649:57> »
OOC: I rolled that for you and just put it into the previous post.

You dont see any deeper access to the computer the initial defense was apparently all it had you have complete access to the terminal and do not find anything else unusual.