NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Sky

• 160 Replies

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #15 on: <09-23-16/1702:45> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - Unknown Date - The Barrens]

Sky opens her mouth to answer Isac, but is interrupted by her 'link's beep. There should have been more than one, but on this old thing... Taking out her meta-link, she looks at the message for a moment. With a grumble, she says as an answer to Isac "Might be that..." she jumps from the table she was sitting on, and waves at Isac "Nice talking, I owe you a drink. Take care, hombre."

On the way to gunderson, she replies to Gunderson "Hey there, don't put your panties in a twist Gund (did I use that right?), I'm on my way. And you hurt me, saying I like to turn you down. That was so mean I might even cry, especially with the ultimatum. You know, I think I'll have to do something about that."
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <09-23-16/2014:09> »
Yeah yeah, I hurt your feelings.  I'm so sorry... You Colombians do get what sarcasm is right?

The Next Round is hopping you see two other people here besides the fixtures.  You walk up to Gunderson's table and he slides over a set of keys.  Don't break it or you and Scout will have words, Gunderson says thumbing over at the girl with the red beret.  She smiles and wiggles her fingers at you in a wave.  It's terrifying.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #17 on: <09-23-16/2303:01> »

>>That's exactly what I was practicing!<<

Sky catches the key, and tries to shudder at the sight of Scout's wave. "Sí señor." Turning back to Gunderson, she asks "So, how do I find this Pierre Whatever in the Boonies now?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <09-24-16/0026:28> »
StJermaine, he acted like you knew each other.  The co-ordinates are loaded into the bikes nav system.  It should get you within a dozen meters or so.  If you had a better link I would have sent them to you directly.  I am holding your payment until the payout is authorized by the client.  Any more questions?
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #19 on: <09-24-16/0037:15> »

"Hey, don't insult my 'link, you'll make it mad at me!" she frowns pensive, then shrugs "I'm pretty sure I don't know a StJermaine. But err... Don't repeat that to him in case, you know, I do know him..." she smiles to Gunderson, then waves "But no, no other question. Though later, who knows?" After that, she waves at Gunderson "See ya."

Once she has found the bike, she checks the nav' system works as intented and gets on her way. Before she gets there though, she pulls over for a few seconds to summon a Guardian. You never know...

[spoiler]
Summon Guardian [4] (Summon, resist, drain): 12d6t5 1 4d6t5 0 10d6t5 2 Ok, might not be too bad... But... a glitch on the drain resist... 7 ones on 10 dice, seriously...
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <09-24-16/0102:21> »
Toodles. Gunderson says completely straight faced.

You drive out of Seattle proper into a wooded area.  At the point where the bike wants to turn right there is no road at all and it seems to follow the flow of a creek.  You decide to summon your spirit here and while you had just barely summoned it it slips away at the very end and you hear it's booming laugh echoing through the trees.  A tinge of embarrassment colors your cheeks.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #21 on: <09-24-16/0113:02> »

Sky grunts "Hey, come back, cretino!"
Grumbling, Sky, attempts to summon another Guardian. Not the same one. She won't summon the same one for a while now... It had been a long time since it happened last, and she didn't miss the feeling at all...

[spoiler]
Summon Guardian [4] (Summon, resist, drain): 12d6t5 1 4d6t5 2 10d6t5 2 Seriously, you've got to be kidding...
Summon Guardian [4] (Summon, resist, drain): 12d6t5 5 4d6t5 1 10d6t5 5 At last...

3 services and 2S for my trouble...
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <09-24-16/0127:29> »
You travel further until you get to a fork in the stream.  You should be pretty close to the spot, but you don't see anyone about,

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #23 on: <09-24-16/0130:45> »

Sky grumbles for a moment, turning on herself to check if she sees anyone. After a few seconds, she switches to astral perception. Maybe that will make things easier. She's really beginning to wonder what the hell is going on though. And not really pleased. Sure, she likes jokes. When she's the one making them, not so much the other way around...

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <09-24-16/0152:10> »
Pretty much everything is alive out here making your astral perception more or less useless but after a few moments you do see something that might be a matahuman of some kind across water at the fork.  Something about water  and the layout reminds you of something.

[spoiler]Make a Magic theory check (2) at a negative 2 dice pool modifier to remember.[/spoiler]

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <09-24-16/0156:30> »

Frowning, not yet moving, Sky looks at the Metahuman's aura for a moment, trying to find out what it is...and what it reminds her of...

[spoiler]
I really hope Sky didn't spend a full month in astral perception before she caught anything ^^
Magical Theory (-2d): 6d6t5 2

I thought I should add an Assense (Aura Reading) in there too, so:
Assense (Aura reading): 9d6t5 2
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #26 on: <09-24-16/0213:13> »
[spoiler]That was a typo, as you can see I changed it to moments not months =P[/spoiler]

Nothing special about the aura, but water and crossroads are potent symbology in Voodoo,  This is likely the domicile of a Houngan or Mamba.  Switching back to regular sight it's actually easier to make the guy out.  He just stands there though.  He doesn't move or look around...or blink.  Okay this is starting to get creepy.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #27 on: <09-24-16/0225:05> »

*Yerk, I hate voodoo.* shaking her head, Sky calls out in the direction of the...guy... "I'm looking for Señor StJermaine. Would you happen to know where I can find him?"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <09-24-16/1006:14> »
The guy does not so much as look your direction.  This guy is likely a zombie, he certainly acts like one.  It appears you will need to cross the creek it isn't deep, probably not more than a foot at the most.  You could ride across or have the spirit take you without getting wet.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #29 on: <09-24-16/2210:08> »

With force grumbles and muttered insults, Sky gets down from her bike. She considers the stream for a moment, but not wanting to drench her boats, just levitates above the creek.