NEWS

[IC] Prelude: Sky

• 160 Replies

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #45 on: <09-26-16/1850:10> »
[Zyanya "Sky" Rivero - October 12th - The Barrens]

Sky grunts "Wonderful. I should have stayed in bed this morning." She sighs, visibly depressed "I suppose I should deliver your package and do whatever it is I can do to prepare for whatever it is that is coming then. Like buying a life jacket, at least I won't drown if the sea comes here..."

She shakes her head then, standing up, grabs the box. "Gunderson has my money?"
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #46 on: <09-26-16/1936:50> »
Cheer up.  At least da spirits like you.

Yes he does...and don't let that one talk you into letting him out before you get to the cemetary.  He's a tricky one.
  He says pointing to the case.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #47 on: <09-26-16/1941:21> »

"I'll stuff it in the bag behind." she shakes her head "I don't need to know anything about your deal." she sighs "Well, see you around I suppose..."

With a wave and a last shake of her head, Sky leaves the cave and once again crosses the stream by levitating above it. Once back at the bike, she stuffs the box in once of the bags behind her and gets on her way to the church where she is supposed to deliver the package.

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #48 on: <09-26-16/2026:26> »
Pierre waves back at you and the zombie doesn't so much as flinch as you brush past him.  On the other side of the bank you pack up the box and head out.  you don't get more than a hundred yards before you start hearing squeaks and rattling coming from the back of the box.  you stop the bike to make sure the box is secure when you hear the muffled cry of a child.  Did it say help me?  Maybe if you crack the lid you might hear it better.
Life is a hideous thing, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous. --H. P. Lovecraft

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #49 on: <09-26-16/2106:25> »

Sky grunts "I'm sure this was a bad idea..." Louder, she says "Nope, I'm not hearing anything. Just the wind in...in my hair. Yep. That's all."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #50 on: <09-26-16/2230:10> »
You turn to begin driving again but your heart leaps into throat as you hear a bit more clearly, Mommy is that you?  Don't let him hurt me any more, please mommy!  That is definitely the voice of a child.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #51 on: <09-27-16/0024:25> »

Sky swears "Madré de Dios, I swear I'll rip you a new one Pierre." After a moment spent reviewing her best native insults, she yells at the box "Come on, I know you're a spirit, stop this shit. I won't open the fragging box! You had a deal with Pierre, don't try to get out from it on my watch!"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #52 on: <09-27-16/1449:44> »
You drive for a while the box doesn't say anything for a while but you hear some sobbing every once in a while.  After you reach, what you guess to be, the halfway mark you pause a moment to check the navigation on the bike and the box says Please, you seem nice.  I'm really scared.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #53 on: <09-27-16/1908:07> »

Sky grumbles "Yeah well, maybe I'm not." After a minute or so, she adds "And there's nothing to be scared of, come on! You're a spirit not a child!"

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #54 on: <09-27-16/2119:46> »
That mean old man tricked me.  Please?  Please let me out.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #55 on: <09-27-16/2126:25> »

Sky shakes her head "No way. You struck a deal, you have to hold to it. Plus, he warned me not to open that box. Which I won't do. You'll just have to convince whoever it is you're going to. Not me, I don't want any problem thank you very much."

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #56 on: <09-28-16/0808:02> »
Dusk comes and goes and your guardian spirit leaves you free from his service.  The sobbing continues until you are about three quarters of the way back and enter into the barrens when it becomes a screech.  Let me out! Let me out!  LET ME OUT!  The box jumps hard enough a few times that you almost lose control of the bike.
« Last Edit: <09-28-16/0811:50> by Stuttrboy »

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #57 on: <09-28-16/0835:16> »

Profusely swearing now, Sky stops to yell at the box. She may look like a crazy woman, but she doesn't care too much at the moment. "For frag sake's shut up! I swear to god I'll make sure whatever it is you're going to do at this church will be even more miserable than it should be if you don't shut the frag up! Madré dé Dios, don't ever pull that drek again! And if that's your goal, I won't disrupt you even if you piss me off. You won't be freed by my hand, and i'll find some other way to make you pay!"

Grumbling, and quite pissed off, Sky summons a new Guardian. She doesn't want to be caught defenceless in here by night. If the box is silent now, she gets back on her box, hoping to be able to reach the church without incidents now.

[spoiler]
Summon Guardian [4] (Summon, resist, drain): 12d6t5 7 4d6t5 2 10d6t5 4
2 services, no drain
[/spoiler]

Stuttrboy

• Omae
« Reply #58 on: <09-28-16/2024:04> »
A thick fog begins rolling in as you finally near your destination.  A few minutes later and the cemetery gates stand open with foggy fingers sliding through the wrought  iron fencing.  It backs up to church and the only structures you can make out that would be large enough for a mausoleum are closest to the church.  as you pass through the gates the fog swallows you up.

You putter around a bit until you have to abandon the bike and trek through the grounds searching for the Di Franchesca tomb.  You begin to become frustrated when you see a flickering light burning away the fog coming from the next tomb.  As you approach your comlink buzzes, it's Gunderson.

Pierre says to put him on the altar, pour him a drink and light a cigar for him and payment will be authorized.

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #59 on: <09-28-16/2034:52> »

>>This is creepy as all hell Gund, I swear if I'm cursed, I'll share it with you! And where in a cemetery am I supposed to find a cigar and alcohol exactly?<<