NEWS

Looking for a online group (in Europe)

• 24 Replies

belaran

• Omae
« on: <08-18-16/1453:38> »
Hi all,

I'm a French guy living in Berlin (Germany), and I was wondering if some people more/less in my timezone would be interest in a game ? I generally GM, but I'll be happy to be a player for this. Of course, if you are interest to play, please contact me also - if no one can GM, I'll take that up, no issue.

Obviously, the game would be run in English (most likely the bastardize version of Shakespear's language often nickname "international English, that most of us non-native end up mumbling out of our mouth).

Please contact me if you have any proposal or questions !

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-19-16/1707:03> »
Would love to find a game in CE(S)T.  Generally a player, but I am able to fill in as GM if the GM wants to take a turn playing for a little while or has to take a session or two off for RL reasons.

I'd even been up for a RL game.  Ich wohne auch in Berlin, aber mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut.  Et, malheureusement, je ne parle pas du tout le français. (French is google translated, I claim no knowledge of it's accuracy.  German is mine, so if it's shitty that's on me.)
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Imladir

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-19-16/1711:27> »
Google made a good job in this case ;)
"Speech" | *Thoughts* | >>Matrix<< | ~Astral~

farothel

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <08-19-16/1815:43> »
What do you mean with online group?  A skype game or a play-by-post type of game (or something else)?

I also live in the CET zone and both my English and my French are quite good (the advantage of living in a bilingual country + working in an international environment).  My German is pfaff deutsch (look it up on youtube if you don't know what it means, it's quite hilarious), basically Dutch with a German accent.
"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
"I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute"

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #4 on: <08-20-16/0626:19> »
By online, I meant indeed a game with Hangout/Skype/Whatever, but I would also be open by a play-by-post.

I also got some questions regarding the frequency of the game. Being 35 years old, working and having other stuff going on in my life I would not hope for a weekly game, but more a "let's try to play every week while completly acknowleging that we'll end up doing probably a couple of session a month".

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #5 on: <08-23-16/1207:50> »
If you go the play by post way and there is space, count me in.
Too bad I have awful time costraints cause by my job (doctor in a hospital, so basically shifts), and i can't play through skype and the like.
I am in CET too (Rome, +1 GMT).
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <08-24-16/0501:08> »
For a PbP with occasional skype meet up for high frequency posting I'd be up as well. (Germany, +1 GMT)
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

k-sim

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <08-25-16/0834:18> »
More Euro trash here! (Holland) I'd love to play an online game with you guys. I'm the go to GM for my home game so I can take that up for this game, though I'd rather be a player.

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-25-16/1458:03> »
Hi all,

Thanks for all your replies, and sorry for the delay (I was offline for the last days).

@Farothel, @k-sim: on the "online game" (ie with Skype or Hangout), I'm still figuring out stuff, but I will let you know, if something does happen and there is room. (if I don't come back to you in the next week, please feel free to ping me).

@Haywire, @Jack_Spade I would be up to try a play by post, would mind sending your emails by private message, so we can start exchange on this topic ?

k-sim

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <08-25-16/1636:01> »
For online play I can recommend roll-20, a virtual table top. I used it several times to GM a game, if you need any help figuring it out, drop me a line :)

Also, if you need an extra player for PbP I'd love to join, though I can't guarantee frequent updates because of life/job/etc.

Haywire

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-25-16/1744:15> »
Belaran, you have a PM.
«Never, ever, cut a deal with a dragon.»

belaran

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <08-26-16/0447:05> »
@Haywire got it ;)

@k-sim send me your email by pm !

@Jack_Space waiting for yours too before firing the discussion

Regarding Roll2, I know I really need to give it a try and stop using Hangout ... will do :)

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-26-16/0635:55> »
You've got mail  ;)

talk think matrix

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <08-30-16/1233:53> »
talk think matrix

Stoneglobe

• Omae
  • Drug Addled Console Cowboy
« Reply #14 on: <11-01-16/1730:32> »
Know I'm very late to the party but have just returned to the forums and was wondering if you have space for another European to become part of the fun. I am open to both online roll 20 games and pbp as well. Am UK based and can both play and GM.
´Wonderful´, the Flatline said,´I never did like to do anything simple when I could do it ass-backwards.´ - William Gibson, Neuromancer
“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson