NEWS

Seattle Sprawl 2078 - Interactive map

• 21 Replies

Marzhin

• Omae
  • I must confess, I was born at a very early age.
« on: <08-12-16/1249:48> »
So I'm into interactive maps those days, and I've decided to put together an interactive map of Downtown Seattle, circa 2078, using the poster art from the Seattle Sprawl Box, and data from all Seattle books.

I'm only starting, you can follow my progress here: http://fondationdraco.fr/downtown-seattle-2078/

Of course, I'm running into a couple of issues with the poster art:

• The Renraku Arcology's address was given in the old Seattle Sourcebook as 1, Renraku Ave., with one entrance at 875, 2nd Avenue. This clearly puts the arcology on the waterfront, and of course it's absent from the poster (as many others have noted). So I'm willing to use my photoshop skills to repair the error and put back the ACHE where it should be. Unless of course it was not a mistake and its location has been officially retconned.
  • A visual that seems to be the Renraku Arcology can be seen where the Aztechnology Pyramid should be. Again, unless it's officially a retcon, I will edit the art to replace it with the Aztech Pyramid.
  • A visual that seems to be the Aztech Pyramid can be seen above the I-90, west of Lake Washington. What should be there instead?
If you have advice, comments, etc. don't hesitate to tell me :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Tecumseh

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <08-12-16/1701:06> »
Good luck on your quest. There are several interactive maps out there but I don't think any of them are current as-of 2078.

In case you aren't familiar with them:

Excellent for the region as a whole but can't zoom much:
http://www.1w6.de/rpg/sr/map/

This one shows the location of the Arcology (covering Pioneer Square):
http://www.chinagreenelvis.com/gaming/tools/shadowrun/map/index.html

This one isn't interactive but it's one of my favorites. Also shows the location of the Arcology.
http://fexes.de/downloads/SR2050_Seattle_Downtown_(lowres).pdf

Quatar

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <08-12-16/1845:23> »
Aye, good luck :)

What I would think needs to be on a map like this, is an easier distinction between the different sections of Seattle (Redmond, Downtown, etc).

Maybe if you mouse over a section it highlights it or so?

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #3 on: <08-12-16/1849:11> »
In case you aren't familiar with them:

Thanks! I knew fexes' one and the one from 1d6.de, but I didn't know the other one. It'll come in handy ^^

I've updated the map with a modified (and bigger) artwork with the ACHE and Aztech Pyramid in their right places. (Same link as above, you may need to refresh your browsers)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.
(Groucho Marx)

Dwagonzhan

• Chummer
  • Drake on the run.
« Reply #4 on: <08-12-16/2321:01> »
Great map! Reminds me of going my GIS classes, and could be a very handy resource down the line.

I'd do the same for a New Orleans map...only to discover that there isn't much on New Orleans in Shadowrun.
Maybe I'll look into Denver instead.
"You haven't truly lived until you've had a Cortex bomb!" ~Former GM

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <08-13-16/0031:06> »
Very, very jealous.

I dug like mad to get locations for everything, and found that we had several bits of conflicting information. Everything's fine in the 1st-3rd edition run, but 4th moves some locations around.

The ACHE should absolutely be on the waterfront, looming over downtown like a great ... big ... looming thing.

(My words are good. I have the best words.)

RowanTheFox

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <08-13-16/0114:44> »
Very, very jealous.

I dug like mad to get locations for everything, and found that we had several bits of conflicting information. Everything's fine in the 1st-3rd edition run, but 4th moves some locations around.

The ACHE should absolutely be on the waterfront, looming over downtown like a great ... big ... looming thing.

Looming over downtown like a great colossus, striking awe and consternation into the hearts of the city's inhabitants?
It is better to be crazy and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts.

"Nothing is wrong if no one can stop you."

Remember, you're only a genius when they need you. The rest of the time you're just an asshole.

Well, drek. Looks like Timmy fell into the Dissonance Well again.

Longshot23

• Omae
« Reply #7 on: <08-13-16/0632:24> »
Very, very jealous.

How very Blackadder of you . . .

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <08-13-16/0707:52> »
So I put most of the "places of interest" described in Seattle Sprawl: Emerald Shadows on the map.
As far as I can tell there are three brand new spots in the booklet (as in "never described before in another Seattle sourcebook"). Unfortunately, no addresses are given, so I had to improvise and try to guess.
  • Cuppa Joe's: It's described as "A small coffee shop in the heart of Downtown", so I put it not very far from the Arcology and Club Penumbra Station.
  • Blue Man Lore Store: it's said to be "popular with local university students." So I put it not far from Seattle University.
  • Lady Zelda's House of Wonders: it's only mentioned in passing in a shadowtalk comment but is featured on a piece of artwork, so I included it. The comment says it's located "off the beaten path" and the art looks like it's on a pier, so I put it near Pier 69.
Let me know what you think :)
I've already placed a few Seattle 2072 locations, I'll do the rest later (most of these are easier since they have actual addresses).
(Groucho Marx)

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #9 on: <08-13-16/0803:22> »
Thanks for your efforts on this Marzhin...looking great!

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #10 on: <08-13-16/0939:09> »
So while going through Seattle 2072, I realized that the "Blue Man Lore Store" from Emerald Shadows is actually the Blue Moon Lore Store (Seattle 2072, p.46). I suppose it's a typo in Emerald Shadows, as Blue Moon seems to be a better name for a magic shop, unless the owner is actually a big Blue man group fan... :p
The good news, I now have an address for it ^^
« Last Edit: <08-13-16/0944:45> by Marzhin »
(Groucho Marx)

BlackMyron

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <08-13-16/1415:09> »
The 1st edition SR main rulebook has a labelled map of the downtown core area, with 58 locations specified (and yes, the Renraku Arcology borders the harbor).

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <08-14-16/0002:55> »
So I put most of the "places of interest" described in Seattle Sprawl: Emerald Shadows on the map.
As far as I can tell there are three brand new spots in the booklet (as in "never described before in another Seattle sourcebook"). Unfortunately, no addresses are given, so I had to improvise and try to guess.).

There're two new buildings out on Council Island listed. You did read the Council Island section, right? *loom* RIGHT?

(:))
(We should really make a map for the core section of the Seattle Underground some day, too.)

Marzhin

• Omae
« Reply #13 on: <08-14-16/0528:42> »
As far as I can tell there are three brand new spots in the booklet (as in "never described before in another Seattle sourcebook"). Unfortunately, no addresses are given, so I had to improvise and try to guess.).

There're two new buildings out on Council Island listed. You did read the Council Island section, right? *loom* RIGHT?

(:))

I'm working district by district. First downtown, then the others :)

(Groucho Marx)

Wakshaani

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <08-18-16/1142:22> »
What? An organized plan? And reasonableness?! On the Intarwebs?!?!

MADNESS!