NEWS

The Official Scoop on Official Shadowrun Errata

• 223 Replies

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
  • A rigger at heart, a confused mess in practice.
« Reply #210 on: <06-06-18/2350:53> »
No major changes.  I'm trying to shift work towards the core rulebook (which still has a ton of unresolved issues), which is working out.  Shadowrun Anarchy got a lot of love, so if all goes well, errata for that should be on its way.  That's as much detail as I can give.

Long time no see. I have been away in part due to the site outages and my group switching back to D&D due to rule fatigue. I would love to see you get some forward movement on errata because I really miss this game.

That in mind....
I had posted here (https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=22807.225) about a bunch of rigger questions that need work.
However ... sticking with the core rule book on rigger clarifications for gunnery so we FINALLY have something in writing?

Old reference threads for reflection:
https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24322.10;wap2
https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24322.30

More to my point I have a list of all the rules in the book spread around the book to various places on one topic that is so convoluted I had to make a chart to play my character. I also have quotes from people of interest like Aaron who are key to the community but has made a ruling one day that gave riggers +1 for all matric actions through the rig +2 for hot sim for a total of +3, then the next day time the topic came up he ruled the +1 was a typo and its the same +2 for hot sim bonus mentioned weirdly in to locations, and another who moderator who once told me is specific over general so the +1 matrix action over rides the +2 hotsim so its only +1. I am really fine with a +3 or +2 (+1 for 1/3 a chance of a hit is not worth hot-sim physical damage, In my opinion. I just wouldn't bother with it anymore), but the point is that because the rules on remote gunnery (logic?), physical gunnery (agility?), control device gunnery (agility?!?), riggers in AR performing gunnery as a control device matrix actions, riggers in vr-cold gunnery as a matrix action, riggers in vr-hot gunnery as a matrix action, using sensor targeting with [sensor + rig level] as the limit, using sensors visually while manually targeting [accuracy + rig level], adding or not adding the rig level your using to the pool, and/or drone pilot + autosoft with all the same options... Might be the worst outlined, scattered, and least clearly written part of the core rule book, it basically makes any and every rigger new or old get a headache and at some point an argument with their GM.

I can post all the quotes but despite my understand and having "rulings" on all of this. Their desperately needs to be something in writing via errata to make riggers less a mess. Maybe a nice chart, lol. I mean I didn't even get into driving/speed tests and vehicles as drones but not as drones...

Look! Another link: https://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=23247.0  <---This one might be the best most inclusive one.

thanks for a minute of your time.
« Last Edit: <06-07-18/0514:37> by ClaytonCross »
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #211 on: <06-18-18/0613:39> »
They may as well send Street Lethal right to your door from what i hear.....

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #212 on: <06-18-18/0826:56> »
We’ll welcome it gladly.
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

Redwulfe

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Omae
« Reply #213 on: <06-18-18/1023:23> »
Is their going to be a new thread for street lethal errata or do we start posting it here?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't

Red

*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

PiXeL01

• Errata Team
  • Ace Runner
  • Sheltering Orks in Osaka
« Reply #214 on: <06-18-18/1739:12> »
Separate is highly preferred
If Tom Brady’s a Spike Baby, what does that make Brees and Rodgers?

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
« Reply #215 on: <06-25-18/0538:25> »

Based only on your comment I have just ordered Street Lethal. (Really hope you intended it for me, lol) I hope it has some answers on drone movement in combat or one of my other 15 questions. Thank you.
I write long and repetitive trying to be clear, I am bad at examples, so people commonly skim my posts pull out the idea they think I mean or want to argue against or focus on my bad example instead of my actual point. I apologies for the confusion my failure to be clear and concise creates.

HiddenBoss

• Newb
« Reply #216 on: <06-27-18/0501:21> »

Based only on your comment I have just ordered Street Lethal. (Really hope you intended it for me, lol) I hope it has some answers on drone movement in combat or one of my other 15 questions. Thank you.
Well this is awkward....

Marcus

• Prime Runner
  • Success always demands a greater effort.
« Reply #217 on: <06-27-18/0751:09> »

Well this is awkward....

LOL... LOL oh forums. I mean it's a good read. It may not help with drones but it certainly a fun book.
*Play-by-Post color guide*
Thinking
com
speaking

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
« Reply #218 on: <06-28-18/0948:28> »

Well this is awkward....

lol, Ya one look at the table of contents and I was like "well HiddenBoss was talking to someone else or confuse.. but ok, never hurts to have a new shadowrun book"

... So firebug.... you still around? any progress? lol

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #219 on: <06-28-18/1435:48> »
I wasn't available for a while due to a mix of issues including a fever, but the team doesn't need me around to make progress, so don't worry.  Right now I'm at a stage of making sure I understand the process required before I can begin releasing what we've completed (as either "provisional" or "official" errata).  I'm trying to make sure I don't do anything reckless or irresponsible by tossing out a bunch of stuff that can't or shouldn't be considered official.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

ClaytonCross

• Chummer
« Reply #220 on: <06-29-18/0513:20> »
I wasn't available for a while due to a mix of issues including a fever, but the team doesn't need me around to make progress, so don't worry.  Right now I'm at a stage of making sure I understand the process required before I can begin releasing what we've completed (as either "provisional" or "official" errata).  I'm trying to make sure I don't do anything reckless or irresponsible by tossing out a bunch of stuff that can't or shouldn't be considered official.

Sounds perfectly reasonable. Just glad to know your on the case sorta speak. As I already posted there is a ton of work Riggers would be grateful for like drone in vs out of combat speed but please know I am not trying to rush you. Its not like we haven't survived this far without it. I am just happy to hear someone is still trying to work on things. That is enough for me to patiently wait my turn. Thanks again!

firebug

• Errata Coordinator
  • Prime Runner
  • Scraping the bottom of the Resonance Barrel
« Reply #221 on: <07-09-18/1402:35> »
I'm starting to transition what the team's decided upon to Provisional errata to post in the threads made by Patrick a while ago.  It'll be a slow process, but expect a semi-regular trickle of Provisional errata being released over the next month or so.  My life's been really rocky lately, so I can't promise I'll be able to be 100% on top of it.
I'm Madpath Moth on reddit (and other sites).  Feel free to PM me errata questions!
Jeeze.  It would almost sound stupid until you realize we're talking about an immortal elf clown sword fighting a dragon ghost in a mall.

Reaver

• Prime Runner
  • 60% alcohol 40% asshole...
« Reply #222 on: <07-09-18/1540:26> »
I'm starting to transition what the team's decided upon to Provisional errata to post in the threads made by Patrick a while ago.  It'll be a slow process, but expect a semi-regular trickle of Provisional errata being released over the next month or so.  My life's been really rocky lately, so I can't promise I'll be able to be 100% on top of it.

Do what you can, when you can. No one is expecting you to sacrifice your health or private life for a volunteer job!
Where am I going? And why am I in a hand basket ???

Remember: You can't fix Stupid. But you can beat on it with a 2x4 until it smartens up! Or dies.

odd

• Omae
« Reply #223 on: <07-09-18/2311:57> »
Do what you can, when you can. No one is expecting you to sacrifice your health or private life for a volunteer job!

Someone doesn't work for aztechnology