NEWS

Interest check/recruitment - Guise and Dolls

• 20 Replies

hadaalia

• Newb
« on: <04-23-16/1928:10> »
Hello folks. I'm new to play by post, but I've written a one-off that I'd really like to try out here, titled "Guise and Dolls".
I'm looking for three to six party members.

This is intended to be a dark, psychological horror type vibe that is intended to test your ethics, your mind, your sense of self and your skills to think outside the box. There will be puzzle elements that can be discovered with many hidden clues, routes to find them, and ways to complete your mission. There are several ways this could end up, and I'm sure that as players you'll create more.

This won't be graphically gory or violent by any means, but it will be very thematically dark and hopefully super creepy.

• 5th Edition
  • Any build system
  • Avoid spending too much on contacts
  • Avoid too much gear that isn't attached to you physically
  • Be aware your character will be out of their comfort zone
  • Seriously. Your character will have specific things targeted at them to make them uncomfortable.
  • Your character is allowed to cry.
  • One post a week minimum
  • Let me know if you're going to be away for more than a week
  • This run isn't intended to be very hard, but it isn't going to be as easy as a typical run
  • I do a lot of writing, so my fluff might get big. I'll post a tldr version and the full fluff in spoilers
  • I'd like to avoid technomancers, but will let you if your heart is absolutely set
  • No brutally coldhearted, sociopathic characters. Be real. Have weaknesses.

Let me know if there's interest and what kind of character you'd be interested in playing.
Upon character submission there will also be a questionnaire to fill out about the character so I can tailor the game properly. For answering the questions, I'll award an extra 5 karma you can put into your character prior to the run. For ever 5 points in negative qualities you take, I'll grant an additional 1 karma. Meaning you can earn an extra 10 karma to put into your character prior to the run, or you can carry it into the game.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <04-24-16/0232:54> »
I'm interested
If you say "no sociopaths" I presume you include qualities like Cyberpychosis, Dead Emotion, Superhuman Psychosis and the like as not fitting, right?

But before I build a character, can you say something about the location? Is it Seattle, the Wilds or on the road, etc.?

talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

Irn0rchid

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <04-24-16/1024:45> »
I'm definitely interested, especially since your warning about gear means I need to do something other than a rigger based char. I'll see about a mage. :)

Crossbow

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <04-24-16/1030:07> »
I'm interested
If you say "no sociopaths" I presume you include qualities like Cyberpychosis, Dead Emotion, Superhuman Psychosis and the like as not fitting, right?

But before I build a character, can you say something about the location? Is it Seattle, the Wilds or on the road, etc.?

I would be willing to bet that it is more of a role-playing flaw, solving every problem with a bullet to the back of the skull.  :)

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #4 on: <04-24-16/1050:33> »
Hello.  I would be interested.  Are you talking Street Level, Standard, or Prime runner?  I also have a question re equipment.  Would we be able to bring stuff that is in our hands or that we are wearing, or should we not bother with that sort of thing?
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <04-24-16/1101:38> »
Cyberpsychosis is okay because it only affects glitches  However; I'll wave the antipathy prerequisite.
Antipathy is one I'd like to avoid, and Superhuman psychosis won't be allowed.

Dead emotion is fine, depending on the emotion. I'd request fear, hope and guilt remain. Sadness, happiness, anger, jealousy, pity... anything else should be fine. 

Primarily I just want to avoid characters who give so few damns that you can't mess with them. Putting on a front is one thing, but being genuinely unaffected by things is just no fun at all.

You'll be in Seattle to begin. I won't give away all the details, but I can tell you that most of the events will occur indoors. You will change locations at some point.

Standard level.

You'll need gear at some point, especially to start. Don't neglect buying weapons and armor, or your tech if you're doing tech things. Just don't build your character so that they'd be unplayable if the gear changed. Again, your character will be put outside their comfort zone.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #6 on: <04-24-16/1123:31> »
hadaalia
You'll want to disallow the drug "Guts" for this one-off :D

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #7 on: <04-24-16/1157:55> »
As long as it's not permanently in their system, they can have whatever drugs they'd like at the start.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #8 on: <04-24-16/1215:16> »
Even though Guts makes the user immune to fear effects?

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <04-24-16/1225:37> »
As with gear, just be prepared to function without it. I won't allow any setup that permanently feeds someone guts, but to take it as a drug is fine. Drugs do wear off.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language

Helena

• Newb
« Reply #10 on: <04-24-16/1655:27> »
Interested if theres still a spot !

Raiderjoseph

• Omae
  • When in doubt, blame the dragons.
« Reply #11 on: <04-24-16/1703:47> »
I have my burnout adept Lich. Wolf Adept who is a bit... batshit psycho but he has his metahumanity left. I think he would do well here. By this I mean he makes dark humor jokes.
« Last Edit: <04-24-16/2015:27> by Raiderjoseph »
From To<<Matrix message>>
Thoughts
Mentor
"As a Mage I have no issue with 'shoot the face first'. He deserves it and it's about time they stopped targeting me right from the go." -The Tekwych

Helena

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <04-24-16/1718:19> »
I could offer a mage, bhut I'm tempted to send Twist, my Street Cowboy if he's not too pink mohawk-y !

Helena

• Newb
« Reply #13 on: <04-24-16/2051:20> »
OK, got the sheet, how can I send it to you ? Post it here or PM ?

hadaalia

• Newb
« Reply #14 on: <04-24-16/2114:06> »
PM me character sheets. Text based or links to PDFs work. I'll be choosing characters based on how well I think they'll work for the run.
"Speech."
'Thought'
'Astral'
<< Matrix
"Subvocal."
Sign Language