NEWS

Tangled Currents - Grunt

• 298 Replies

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #45 on: <04-02-16/1708:01> »
He read the message, then write the answer:

<That guy seemed to what he is doing. Acted really professional too.
The info on the family verifies what I already know.
Let me guess, it was a standard issue NAN combat knife. From what I know, dealing with the kidnappers was a walk in the park for her. Try to dig a little deeper, but  try to avoid drawing too much attention. Someone might be watching.
Thanks for the info! Take care!>

After he sent the message to Wallas, he begin to search the market for trucks.
*If everything goes well, i can buy a new pickup in a few month. Can' hurt to be up to date on the prices."

He browses the matrix for cars and also takes a look at the new weapon-catalogs until it's time for them to go on duty. If the suit arrives, he tries it on, to see how it fits.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #46 on: <04-02-16/1805:10> »
The catalogues are informative and give you plenty to dream about.  The suit shows up in time for you to put it on.  You are impressed at the fit.  Apparently Garrett is as good as Roger had said she was.  When you go out to the living room, you see Cinnamon standing at the door to the balcony.  The sky-blue gown she is wearing hangs to just below her knees in the front but sweeps almost to the floor in the back.  The back is cut deeply, exposing a large amount of skin.  She turns to you and smiles.  "You look very nice."  She stands to come over to you and the sheath she is wearing shimmers a bit.  It is an off-the-shoulder gown that makes you wonder what is holding it on her body.  The cut emphasizes her frame and physical attributes enough to make many men stare and some even drool.  Her hair has changed a bit, too, the color perfectly matching the dress.  Part of you wonders if she has added a cup size to her breasts. 

She walks around you and compliments you on the fit.  "You look really nice, Grunt.  Are you ready to go meet Nova?"
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #47 on: <04-03-16/0559:21> »
*Either she is damn good with make-up or this is really some kind of magic. And how is that dress not  falling down? Yeah, this must be PFM.*

"I was about to say the same thing, but it would be an understatement. You look gorgeous! How do you do it? I mean, the changes in your looks. Is it some kind of sorcery or something?

Thanks for the compliment, by the way. Garrett really knows how to make someone look good. It is not often, that I'm being called nice-looking. In fact, I can't recall ever being called that. Freak or monster are more common names though.

Anyway, let's go meet the client. It will be good to know how she looks, if I want to keep an eye on her.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #48 on: <04-03-16/0945:26> »
Cinnamon smiles and laughs softly.  "Thanks for the compliment.  No, I am not awakened.  What I do have is the magic of technology, compliments of the UCAS government.  Some of the recon teams were outfitted with feature-changing implants to help them move around undetected or to get away if they were detected.  It just so happens that much of mine was fragging bleeding edge military grade stuff at the time.  Probably better out there now, but mine is pretty good.  Do you like the look?"

She walks up to you and what a walk.  A model on display could not walk more seductively.  Standing close, she reaches up and adjusts your tie as she says, "And the people that call you monster or freak are the stupid part of the population, Grunt.  I think that you will find that I look a bit deeper than your rather handsome face.  I think that we will work well together."  You can detect a subtle odor of some sort of flowers about her.  It is pleasing and perhaps a bit enticing.  She steps back to check you out and smiles before turning to bend over to pick a small purse from the couch, her movement pulling the fabric of her dress tighter against her butt.  Standing, she motions for you to follow her and she leaves the room for the one across the hall.  She turns to you and says, "Our keys also open the door to this room.  It keeps us from fumbling around between two cards."

You enter the room and see that the other two guards have switched places, but are otherwise still alert and ready.  You do not see either Roger or Frankie, but Stella is seated on one of the chairs, tapping on a pad and talking softly into a headpiece.  The door to the office opens and Roger comes into the room.  He nods at both of you.  "Good.  Right on time.  Glad you can get Cinnamon to be on time for a change.  For that you deserve a bonus, Grunt."  There is a bit of laughter from the men, but Stella only smiles as she keeps talking.  Roger limps over to the guarded door and knocks before entering, waving his hand for you to follow him.

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #49 on: <04-03-16/1157:50> »
*So that is how she does it. That's some pretty good tech, but I bet she wasn't ugly without the modifications either. Is she trying to seduce me?*

He finds the words and gestures of Cinnamon more than comforting. *Handsome, huh? I rarely got that compliment from ork chicks, but that coming from an elf...*  It provides a little escape from the harsh reality of the Sixth World.  Only a moment later, this same reality crawls back into his head. *Her kindness feels good, but what if she is just  manipulates me? If so, then to what end? I'm not an infuential men, I can't help her advance whatever agenda she has. I'm just a lowly grunt trying to survive in the world....I have to keep a cool head about her, even if she do everything to prevent that.*

He follows her, trying to get the last few minutes out of his head.

"Makes sense. If we want to react fast, we don't have the time looking for the right card."

*Stella is on the phone again. Does she ever take a minute to rest?*

"Is this some kind of inside joke or something only the new guy doesn't get"? He asks, while turning to Cinn with a questioning look on his face.

He walks with Collins, ready to meet Nova.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #50 on: <04-03-16/1226:45> »
At the door, Larry smiles.  "Yeah, it's a joke.  You can usually set your clock by Cinn.  One of her implants, I think.  Anyway, she is never late.  Although there was that time after the guy from Chico.  What was his name?"

Cinn throws Larry a nasty look and he holds up his hands, laughing.

Roger asks if everyone is done screwing around and opens the door.  The bedroom is nice, but not so much more special that yours.  A girl is standing with headphones on and softly singing a song into a broom stick.  You would be surprised if she was older than sixteen.  She shares some of the same features as Frankie, but in a much nicer manner.  She waves as the three of you come into the room and stops singing.  She moves the headphones to her neck and says, "Hey, Roger.  Hey Cinn.  Hey, handsome new guy.  Just working on the new single.  Something's just not quite there and I need it ready for the concert on Friday."

Roger nods.  "Nova, I want to introduce you to the newest member of your security team.  He likes to be called Grunt.  Grunt, Nova Star.  She is the reason your guts will be used to tie my shoes if anything happens to her on your watch."  Nova smiles and waves again.  Roger says that it is nearly time to leave and the girl puts the broom down and says she is ready.  Cinn nods and leads the way from the room as Roger takes your arm for a second.  "That includes letting her get pregnant by some guy.  She has a good head, but is only fragging sixteen and I don't need her finding out what pricks guys can be at this age.  Got it?"

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #51 on: <04-03-16/1653:46> »
"Ok, I get it now!" He says and laughs a bit. "Sorry Cinn!"

*She is really a teen-star. I thought she would be a little older, but nevermind.
Handsome again? Either these women have problem with their eyes or I have serious problem with my self-image.*

"Hey Nova, nice too meet you!" He says and waves back at the girl.

"Got it, Boss! I'm planning to keep my guts in their place for a while, so I make the little shits regret, if they ever try anything."

*Maybe my predecessor just messed up something and was removed, and I got a little story about his ex-lovers boyfriend killing him.*

He catches up with the others and follows them. As they walk, he sets an ARO on Nova: a red frame around her, and a red arrow pointing at her from above. *Now it will be easier to keep an eye on her, I hope.*

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #52 on: <04-03-16/1726:00> »
Cinnamon leads the way to the elevator and waits for you and Nova to get in before hitting the button for the lobby.  The door opens to bedlam.  A crowd of teens, mostly female jams the lobby, herded by hotel security to create a path for the three of you.  Well, for Nova, but you just happen to be with her.  Nova waves at her fans and even signs a few autographs.  The teens are screaming Nova's name and trying to get through the cordon of security officers, and it only gets worse when you step through the door to the entryway.  Here there are policemen in KE uniforms providing security to the limo that is parked at the curb.  The hotel doorman has the door open and Cinn goes in first, followed by Nova then you.  The driver manages to pull away slowly, but you still get lots of handprints on the windows as fans try to get a look through the tinted windows.

Cinn shakes her head.  "Probably like that when we get out, too.  Thankfully the club security will not let all of them in."

Nova says, "I feel a bit sorry for them.  Can't I just do a few minutes of autographs and selfies when we get to the club?  Please Cinn?  Grunt?"

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #53 on: <04-04-16/0534:21> »
"Welcome to the crazy-train everyone! This is typical: individually the metahumans are intelligent - well, most of the time -, but get enough of them in a one place and they become a stupid, mindless, single pourpose horde. Usually that pourpose is survival, now it is to get close enough to touch Nova or even throw a glance at her. Both could be a danger.*

"I don't think it's a good idea. If only some of them get the chance, to other might get angry, wich could lead to all kind of nasty things we can't control. Maybe in the club we can organize an event. How about that? Nova? Cinn?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #54 on: <04-04-16/1121:03> »
Cinn also shakes her head.  "Grunt is right, Nova.  It is too dangerous.  You already have that meet and greet lined up for Friday.  What if we extend the time an hour or so to allow more people to see you."  The girl looks depressed at first, then brightens.  She nods acceptance of Cinn's idea.  The ride is quiet and you barely even know when the ride stops until the door is opened by two men wearing uniforms with the Dante's Inferno logo on the jacket.  You are out first and scanning around as Nova and Cinn slip out of the car, although you cannot help but notice the amazing amount of leg Cinnamon shows as she steps out.  The rather random thought runs through your mind as to whether it is really possible for a woman to have that much leg.  Cinnamon thanks the men then leads the way up a short ramp to the VIP entrance.  You spot a very long line of people waiting to get in through the regular entrance and are glad that they do not seem aware that Nova is down here.  Two large Trolls check your IDs and scan you for weapons before sending you on up to the club entrance.

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #55 on: <04-04-16/1543:40> »
*Good thinking Cinn, good thinking. She get what she wants, but doesn't make our job a lot harder. Is it possible, that these 'wares can make her legs even longer?
It's good, that they didn't saw us coming, it would be really difficult to reach the door through a horde of screaming teenagers.
Security is pretty tight, good thing I didn't brought my gun. It would have only made things complicated. I bet these troll can throw a punch, but their look is intimidating enough to stop any would-be troublemaker.

Let's see what this famous club has to offer.*

As he enters the club, he starts scanning the place, looking for anything that could be a possible danger.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #56 on: <04-04-16/2245:18> »
The three of you walk up the gently sloping walkway to the VIP entrance, where a man in a fancy suit is waiting for you.  He is rubbing his hands together and smiling as he steps forward to bow low.  "Nova Star.  It really is Nova Star.  I am so pleased to host you tonight.  I am Calvin Horth, the promoter of your concerts here in Seattle and it is my real pleasure to have you here."  Your observation skill tells you that the man has a good rug, but it is noticeable from a certain angle.  The man embraces Nova and takes her into the building, where you see a lot of people waiting to see the teen pop star.  There are three club security men at a rope dividing her from a small crowd.  Horth explains the these people paid a lot of money for the privilege of getting a personal meet and greet and five minutes of face time with the star.  The party in the club can start after that.  He turns to both of you as Nova stands with the first fan.  "Now, I did tell good old Roger that he did not need to send his private security g...........um guards out tonight.  The club is providing security.  You are here anyway, so you can enjoy yourselves and have a good time.  Can I send staff over to set you with some drinks?  I understand that they can also provide you with any number of recreational drugs.  All legal, of course.  Just what it takes to get the edge off after a hard day."  He steps back a step and looks at you.  "I like your suit, by the way."

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #57 on: <04-05-16/0314:13> »
*Why am I surprised, that he wanted to make some extra profit from the popularity of Nova. He doesn'want us to be here. Either he is really confident in his own guards or he is up to something. I better watch these security goons too.*

"Indeed, but a few extra pair of eyes never hurts, don't you think, Mister Horth? Thank you for the offer, by the way, but I don't drink or take drugs on the job."

He than proceeds to send a voice message to Cinn via his subvocal microphone.
"Isn't it suspicious that he doesn't want us to be here, only the guard he could bribe? Better keep an eye on these guys too, don't you think?"

He also turns his thermographic vision on, to see if it is anything extraordinary in the room, but turns it off, if he doesn't find anything.

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #58 on: <04-05-16/0839:35> »
Cinn is looking around at the short line of people that are waiting their turn to meet Nova.  "Same page, Grunt.  See if anything changes after I speak to him."  She goes up to Horth and gives him that killer smile.  "Well, I would be interested.  It looks like you got things covered.  The big guy is new and doesn't understand how these things work.  Maybe I can convince him.  Send me a nice, tall Satan's Brew and then the guy with the drugs.  I will see what interests me."  She looks over at you and adds, "Hey, Grunt, it's time to relax.  These guys have it."

While she looking away at you, you catch Horth giving her a very pleased look.  A very calculating look.  Then his mask slips back on and he smiles and talks into his fancy 'link.  He turns to you and says, "Are you sure, buddy?  Like she says, these guys have it.  Take the night off and just relax."

PRabel

• Chummer
« Reply #59 on: <04-05-16/1443:07> »
"Ok, Cinn, let's do it. I keep my eyes open." He says, while Cinn starts her little act. "You got him. It is the part of the plan to get us drunk or high, so we wouldn't be any problem. He also talked to someone on his 'link. Might as well giving instructions to his man.

How do you want to handle things, when the action starts? I guess we should play along for a bit, to see what happens, then turn their surprise against them. Or do you prefer a pre-emptive strike?

While he talks, he looks around, memorizing the position of every guard in the room, looking for anything he could exploit.

"We should also tell our chauffeaur to stay alert. It could be a hasty escape.