NEWS

[IC] European Vacation

• 197 Replies

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« on: <01-11-11/1500:20> »
Day One

Marco was worried. For the first time in his days as a Fixer having doubts about the job wasn't connected to the usual - low pay, funny target, lack of details, or outright screwing his employees over. He had no problem with that, as many young street kids inevitably found out. That's why his family name - Morales - was a joke among the Seattle's finest Fixers. He still had the vibe of a fiery preacher coupled with a used car salesman from pre-crash flicks. That's what kept him above the drek he dealt with... But he still had doubts.
Because the job offer came in brought by someone appearing to be a junkie with no real brain left. At night. During a storm. In a frakkin' real paper envelope. Calligraphic writings in blue ink covering the whole page with cryptic limericks describing the job, the right people for it, and the location where he should send them. And how. That mostly bothered him...
Until he found a goldish-hued metal disc inside, etched with incomprehensible, glyph-like markings.
"Orichalcum. Worth a lot on the market, and with those monkey-scratches it's probably double the price." He thought. "And that's only an advance pay, if i read this yeats crap right. God, I hate magicians. Goddamn loons." He threw a glance at the letter again, smiling to himself with a dreamy face. And he gets to mess with those poor shadowrunners lives. Oh, how he loved that game - all those pawns and figures at his disposal.
His feet itched, when he walked to the antique chessboard, and moved the white Rook with his left, artificial hand, placing it with a satisfying *THUNK* of wood.

Three Weeks Later

The Rook

Vabka shuddered. He spent five long years in a prison, and went independent after that, but he still felt like a kid when confronted with Matviej. The orc, even though his head was over half a meter lower than Vabka's, was still scary as the hell itself. Even if half the rumors that others were spreading is true, he was looking in the calm, icy eye of a devil, as the second one was a twitchy old russian military implant. That was the thing that unnerved most of his people more. Not the bulky cybereye itself, but it's age. Matviej was old, when most of his human soldiers still wore diapers. And he still lived, without any signs of weakening his grip around the syndicate. It was his order, that sent Vabka to prison. One that he couldn't refuse to carry, or even think about it. You can't cheat Old Man Death. Vabka's cyberspur shifted under stress, and he cursed awfully under his breath.
"Vabka, my boy. You know I love you like my own." As his boss started the usual talk, Vabka noticed something. Matviej did. The troll's own father threw him into the pit, without any second thought. It was one of the most fucked-up things in his life, but Matviej taught him how to win, not only survive. Like a real father would. "But we cannot let you stay. This time it's not the star we're worried about. The errants want you badly, and there's nothing we can do. We don't know why. That's why i told you to lay low." Great. He was skulking for three weeks straight, as a Priority One arrest warrant wrecked his social live. He had to kill two friends, who apparently weren't 'good' enough to keep their greed from trying to set him up. The ork stared at him for a while. "You need to leave." Maviej was calm, as usual, but Vabka could swear there was a slight ring of worry in his voice. "We can't send you to the Motherland, as ares dogs have a strong presence there. There is one other place though. A place where we are hunted like the wolves we are. You will do fine there." Matviej motioned to him, sending a stream of data. A job offer. Seek&Snatch, in... Poland? No, a Polish Free Corporate Zone. That could be... interesting. "Oh, and i almost forgot" His old mentor's face proved otherwise, but he got used to that trick. He used it when he sent him to prison. "She will be there. I already notified Yuri, and he sent a small welcome package from Mariya." Vabka smiled, as Matviej patted him on the elbow. The data package contained maps, loresofts, and even a Polish linguasoft. She was always a classy lady when it came to gifts. And she needed him, that was obvious. "Enjoy your vacation, my boy."

Two Weeks Later

The Bishop

"As you can see, mr. Fialonne, we are in a bind here." The Knight Errant officer looked him deeply in the eyes, grinning like a mad dog. "We have five cases of severe cardiac muscle damage, and noone to blame." He leaned back, putting his dirty boots on the table, and smiling shyly at the elf's disgust. "Oh i am so sorry. You know how it is. You walk the streets of your city, protecting it's Citizens from harm. There's no time for such luxury, as cleaning one's boots." He reached into his pocket, to pick up a small holoprojector, and place it on the desk. It flickered a globe of pixels, that turned into a surveillance trid. Yani did recognize himself. It was as bad as hearing his own name being used by the detective. He already managed to get a lot of dirt on his interrogator, with a little help from his friends. But none of it could be used without reassuring the cop in his suspicions of Yani's true talent. That would be really bad, because those five hospital cases were Humanis youths. Good homes, influencial parents, slumming kids, beating any defenseless metahuman vagrant they could get their hands on. The usual stuff under Brackhaven regime. "All of your permits seem to be in order. You appear, to be a model citizen." The emphasis in his voice couldn't be more obvious. "But we still need to know who hurt those boys. And i couldn't help but wonder, how can a model citizen smile, while seeing five young men wrecked with pain, and almost dying." Yani knew. That could have been an easy trick, as all five of those bastards were equipped with illegaly modified commlinks, slotting a BTL personafix called 'The Great White Hunter'. And the officer knew as well - that chip was all the rage among humanis-wannabes for months now. Yani could've just reached out into the Resonance with his Digital Mind, and ask a sprite to mess with their heads.
But he didn't. He was just hanging out, waiting for one of his friends to pick him up for a League of the Silver Thorn meeting. He wouldn't be that stupid, and try something like that out in the public, by a mall. Yes, he did smile. Just like a dozen of people who were watching the scene. None of them helped, even though most were 'model citizens'. And now a retarded human-supremacist corporate beat cop was up to something. And he knew.
Yani didn't break. Neither on the first interrogation, nor on many others. He endured the constant surveilance, KE spooks and confidents following him around, spiders with their clunky nets trying to catch him tripping on one of their silly traps. And his own people going distant. Friends rejecting calls. Clubs barring him from meetings. Strange messages appearing in his mail...
Two week after the first visit in the he was ready to do anything to get out of this mess. So when the offer came, he didn't hestitate. Even though he knew that whole thing was a setup. The only part Yani wasn't sure of was the job offer.

The Knight

"You know, Whisper, this wouldn't be a bad time to get some R'n'R, yes?." Pauline's AR image was flickering, and her next sentence was lost in a loud, crackling and beeping wave of static. She must have noticed that, because her mouth stopped moving, and she shook her head impatiently. Waiting it out took almost an eternity - or two minutes - but out in the distance a lone blimp returned to it's post over an abandoned mall, devoured by hungry sands of the Barrens. "Do you always have to run away into no-signal zones? How the hell am i going to warn you next time. That job you've pulled, it was a success, yes?" You nod, and smile slightly. Getting a whole team of shadowrunners through the Barrens, and into a restricted government area was tough. But who else would pull that off? Probably no one they could hire. "And that's the problem here. Whisper, you're good. Very good. And you saved my ass more than twice. That's why I'm not going to let some MCT hitman blow your head off." MCT. So that's whose facility it was. "It's a shame they burned it to the ground... Otherwise you wouldn't be mister-scapegoat now. Your fame betrays you. And they want your head. So..." Your AR flickers with data, folders opening in a standard job offer display. Far away, in a urban/wilderness terrain, the pay is good, and there is definitely something wrong with the job. It's not a setup, but your gut feeling tells you, that you should be wary. But it's a good opportunity to get out of MCT's scope. They won't waste money on targets they can't reach. "Just be careful. They guy who sent me this is a snake. He'll try to screw you over the moment you get the job done. I'll try to dig a bit, but there's not enough data to do a full sweep. Oh, and tell your Russian girl i said 'Hi'." You nod again, and Pauline reads it as she should - as a 'Thank you, Over and Out'. Your target comes slowly out of it's hiding place, as the sky darkens, and the orange light of a sunset. Muscles flex, carbon-fiber and flex-steel sings it's song, as a deadly messenger starts it's journey. He reaches the peak, and falls down like a hawk. The ghoul stumbles and falls under the force of an arrow between his shoulder. You notice his last movements were like an feral beast's, so there was no mistake on your side. The countdown on your AR screen reaches zero, and the arrowhead buried deep inside the flesh-eater's hear explodes, tearing his chest apart. Another hunt, another kill. You start to dissemble your trusty bow, thinking of all those places you've never been to. It's time to walk under a foreign sky again.

The Queen

There are times, when you really cannot help but hate all the attention you get. Between the Yaks shadowing your every move recently, the Triad double-numbers trying to get you, that crazy Horizon reporter, and that botched job from last week you couldn't help but feel that it's time for a change of scenery. Things were bad already a month ago, and from there everything went downhill. You were already used to your momens of misfortune, but that wasn't a moment. It was six straight weeks of fate kicking you in the face. Most people wouldn't handle that much punishment, but for you the worst part was not the danger, that followed you everywhere. It was the mud, and smell of bad luck - which usually smelled like sewers after a stormy day. And now it got even worse. One of those shady guys appeared, and tried to lure you into a trap. You found that out a bit too late, but your skills and augumentations proved reliable. Six bodies, and a huge electrified net are all that's left in that warehouse. From those six two weren't human anymore. Ghouls. Neatly dressed ghouls, sporting a mobile transplant van. After you. That could mean only one thing. Someone dug out your greatest secret. And sold you to the Tanamous... Risking a lot you open a line to Martin, who answers immediately. "Good evening, Dear." His  personal software mod turns Seattle accent into a aristocratic British high-speak. "It seems that you have drawn a lot of attention lately. Even the news ramble about 'the shadowrunner known as Bat'Oni' all the time. Horizon seems to like you a lot." You ignore his sneer attitude, trying to clean your sleeve of ghoul-blood. "And that's not all. I've had a guest from Yakuza lately, who wanted to buy information on you. It's a good thing that we're friends, and I don't sell friends out, right?" You don't even bother to answer, letting him drift into monologue for a while. "Well, there were also rumours of some really nasty guys asking about you. I hope that's their blood you're trying to get out. It's hopeless by the way, those coats have to be cleaned by a licensed business, or by nano's. That's how they widen their profit margins. Anyway, there is this guy who paid me a hefty consulting fee for getting in touch with you. He's a snake, and an oiled one. But i know you, you like those dangerous jobs. And this one - surprisingly on time, isn't it - is far away from home. In Europe. Where Yaks and Triads don't have much authority. What do you say?" What could you say? He knows it, you don't really have better choices now. At least in Europe you won't get that dirty all the time...

The Pawn

It was raining. It always was, when you were working, for as long as you remember. It might have something to do with the local weather, or your luck. Probably both, because most British immigrants felt at home in this humid, cold city, flayed by winds from the bay. Now it was even a good thing, because the downpour should stop tinheads from noticing anything. Tinheads. Tin-cans. It took you better part of a year on the streets to start calling your former colleagues that. But they earned it with their corrupt, violent ways, that most of the city knew and hated. You just had to walk the streets as one of them, and not a 'cop'. This city doesn't need more violence and corruption - the whole free zone was built on them, but it was building layer on layer for hundreds of years... You can sometimes feel it in places all over the metroplex. Like stains of pain, greed and fear.
That's why you like being here, in the ruins of the old harbor. It's just desolation and salty, cold winds. No hate, no suffering, no nuyen chase that lets people trampled and bleeding. And you know why the Kapers love this place. Between the gyro-mines, destroyed piers and ruins of the old breakwater trying to pass as reefs, this place is a nightmare for any ship pilot. Except they know these dead waters like their own bodies... And the traces of magic you pick out of the background haze of astral shades obviously points at Water spirits involved.
You watch from the shadows as the crane picks up containers one by one, and places them on a prepared spot with fluid movements of an expert rigger at work. You see everything around, and the ragged auras of smugglers shine brightly in the night, as do these five auras you can't recognize, hazed by something akin to a web of barbed wire... Trouble. That was not in the job description...
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/1100:29> by Kot »
Mariusz "Kot" Butrykowski
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #1 on: <01-19-11/1137:14> »
As the containers starts to move one by one most of you notice the trip is over. Four days in a seriously confined space with only a chemical toilet, dry rations, a small supply of water, a handful of sea-sickness drugs, and a sim module loaded with the latest TriCity street crap was enough. Especially since nothing worked as it should - light, heating, the obsolete, bulky sim box - all of them acted like there were real gremlins messing with them. And the ship changing course and losing stability more than a few times for no reason wasn't helping either. Most of you didn't expect that kind of conditions with the amount of nuyen they cost. Now you can only wait and hope you'll be free to go soon. Free to find a decent place, with decent food and a shower...
It takes ages, but the hatches finally click, signaling you're free at last. You see the rest of the container, loaded with assorted soy products. The smell of 'Kentucky Turkey Flavored SoySnacks, made by AZT' will haunt you for weeks. You dig through the boxes, eager to get out...

Bat'Oni manages to do that first, and as the doors open, she swiftly catches balance, and surfs the soy-product wave on top of a steel case that was under the boxes... Just to end between five obviously cybered gangers with X's shaved and tattooed on their heads. Their cheap Russian cybereyes click and whirl as they focus on her, confused and surprised.
"Koza, nie mówiłeś nic o żadnej kochanej kitajce? Co to urwał jest, premia?"*

A loud * WHAM! * signals Uncle Vabka managed to finally break open the container doors, which - torn out of their hinges - fly a good six meters, before slamming into a graffiti-covered pickup truck. The impact is strong enough to break all of it's windows, and turn on the car horn, which adds to the chaos. He hears the gangers yelling, and he doesn't like what his linguasoft tells him. No one likes to be called an 'ass-fucked trog mutant'...

As the gangers panic, desperately trying to get their weapons out, Whisper manages to use the situation to distract onlookers from the fact that he just cut through the locks, and silently get to cover - a bunch of moldy plastic crates piled together just a few meters from the container. He quickly assesses the situation, and notices a figure in a long coat hiding under an old open container about ten meters behind the ganger's car.

Something loud wakes Yani up. He doesn't know if it's just in his head - as a part of the terrible headache that plagued him for the whole time, and the sea sickness that no pill could cure. If it's outside though, it sounds like trouble. And despite the containers interference, he could see nodes swirling around... Just not enough to make something out of the situation...

CW doesn't believe his eyes as the gangers - known as Marked - start unloading the containers. They shouldn't be here. Kapers don't mix people smuggling with goods smuggling. That's bad for business. This means the crew was doing some smuggling on the side. And that could burn the whole extraction. And get some people killed. Things don't look good at all, and get worse, as the Asian woman and the Troll, manage to get out...

* As noone who doesn't know Polish heard that, i posted it in original. The words in italics are obviously insults, but used casually as most gangers do. I was just replacing them with, well, not bad words. I just don't like swearing.

And as a clarification - you might know each other, have worked together once or twice, but you've definitely either met others, heard about them, or seen their work. And you've received their profiles as team-mates, to recognize them on arrival. You've also been notified there will be a guide available on the spot.
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/1511:39> by Kot »
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-19-11/1428:22> »
((OOC Yani is usually using Augmented Reality. I will probably make a big deal about it if he switches it off, or goes VR.))

Yani, quickly re-gains his bearings. He draws the conclusion that they have arrived at their destination, and angry folks are shouting things in a foreign tongue. The first priority in such a situation would be to establish an understanding with the input he is receiving via verbal communication. He calls his Tutor Sprite off standby, and asks it stay in his biological node and assist with foreign language communication via AR, using it's proficiency power.

((OOC Subtracting 1 task from the Tutor Sprite, and Yani now possess the equivalent of a skill rating 3 in Polish and Russian language skills as long as he as AR active, and the Sprite is not Decompiled, or runs out of tasks. Speech is slow, though, and may require more than a free action to speak or comprehend in combat. It's up to Kot.))

He then opens the container, blinking wildly like a child waking up in the morning, and tries to take in the scene around him.
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/1446:55> by joe15552 »

Teyl_Iliar

• Omae
  • Professionals, Don't cross them.
« Reply #3 on: <01-19-11/1725:05> »
(OOC: Whisper kept most of his gear in his backpack so when it was time to go, he could do so quickly, but he's wearing his chameleon suit, and has access to some of his weapons.)

From cover Whisper can see that of the group already here only two of them match the Trid's of the others he was to be meeting here... Whisper slip's his shock glove on, takes hold of his mono blade, and trigger's his chameleon suit, then takes in the scene from cover, To figure out the intentions of the gangers on this dock are. (6d6.hits(5)=4) +(6d6.hits(5)=3) then prepares to attack or slip away as required.
« Last Edit: <01-19-11/1745:51> by Teyl_Iliar »
UB
Brick
speaking
ITF
Slip
speaking
thinking
comm

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #4 on: <01-20-11/1959:36> »
Ban'Oni spreads her hands just slightly, "I don't suppose any of you speak any English do you?" *giving the impression of not being a threat*

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #5 on: <01-21-11/0934:05> »
The cloaked figure approached silently, and quietly in soothing voice full of soft swirles of polish languge.
"Spokojnie panowie, wszystko jest w porządku, rozładowujcie dalej."
(OOC: Influence Spell at Force (2):  on the first ganger
Magic (4) + Spellcasting (4): 8d6.hits(5)=3
Drain Value: 2
Resist Drain: Willpower (4) + Logic (5): 2 automatic hits: Resisted
Opposed Test Spellcasting (4) + Magic (4): 8d6.hits(5)=4 vs Willpower))

"Nie dzieje się nic niezwykłego. Zaraz sobie pójdziemy."
(OOC: Influence Spell at Force (2) on the second ganger.
Magic (4) + Spellcasting (4): 8d6.hits(5)=4
Drain Value: 2 Resist Drain: Willpower (4) + Logic (5): 2 automatic hits: Resisted
Opposed Test Spellcasting (4) + Magic (4): 8d6.hits(5)=3 vs Willpower))

"I do, and I am your guide here, you can call me CW, hopefully we can go now but we should be quick about that."
 I am standing so the gangers are between me and my guests.
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-21-11/1201:27> »
((OOC: perhaps a little equipment management is in order. Yani is wearing street clothes over his armored body suit. His gun is up his right sleeve in his hidden gun arm slide, and he is wearing his comlink and accessories. His incriminating objects, like his tag eraser, maglock passkeys, key sequencer, medkit, and extra ammo, are in his bag.))

Quickly checking his bag to make sure it didn't open and no equipment fell out during the trip, Yani clambers out of the container a little awkwardly, but straitens up when he's out. Adjusting his glasses, ((OOC: ultrasound is not activated at this time)) Yani walks towards CW looking around, taking in the sights of this Tri-City dock. As the distance between himself and the gangers inevitably decreases, he nods at them and says in a strong English accent, "Dobry dzień, panowie," and attempts to walk past them to follow CW.

((OOC: btw, I am using this site to read and type polish. My polish is going to be a little odd, because I'm using an internet translater, but I think that's fitting for my character.))
« Last Edit: <01-21-11/1204:18> by joe15552 »

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #7 on: <01-21-11/1453:38> »
Bat'Oni nods, "It is good to see you, shall we leave your friends here?"

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <01-22-11/0656:20> »
Vabka glares at the gangers gives a grin, pops his cyber-spurs and growls, using his Polish linguasoft, "arse fucked huh? cut that shit out or I will fuck yours with these, got it?" ((Intimidation + Physical Specialisation + Charisma = 8 dice + modifiers as applicable))
« Last Edit: <01-22-11/1007:29> by Uncle Vabka »

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #9 on: <01-23-11/1424:03> »
This time it worked. Between the spells cast by CW, Vabka's intimidating posture, Bat'Oni managing to keep a straight face, Whisper's casual attitude, and Yani looking like he's had better days, the gangers finally bundle together, guns and blades pointed all around, but not blazing. They slowly calm down, regain their cool, and let you go.
CW leads the whole team away from the scene, but none of you dares to turn their back on the gangers. They don't look friendly, and it doesn't seem they like looking like startled rabbits in their business-partner's eyes. A good thing none of them noticed what you all do now. There's a multi-barreled monster gun mounted on the ship, that was obviously just waiting for any signs of hostility. Now it just moves with you, still keeping on target, just in case. Whatever that deal was, it wasn't entirely without professional support. So it was a good thing that you all managed to contain the situation.
CW snarls, noting to look into the matter. Kapers doing side-jobs with BTL isn't something common. He leads the group through a ruined neighbourhood, half-drowned with dead waters of the Baltic sea, and showing signs of heavy artillery fire. Someone obviously had a full-scaled bombardment here, because buildings with more than one floor left are a rare sight.
You notice locals scurrying around, but they look just scavengers. One of them suddenly lunges out of his hiding places seconds after you pass, and you notice him picking something from the ground, where a print of Bat'Oni's boot marks the mud. He moves with an eerie speed, just like a rat, or some other rodent. His rags seem to be well-designed for urban survival... It's like Barrens, only worse. No obvious signs of habitation, except for the few scavenger figures in the rain.
And then you see a change in scenery. The buildings look more industrial, and recognizable. Warehouses mostly. Half-ruined only, and there's a sign of people living there. The fires in old, rusted oil barrels make you feel almost like home.
In a few minutes CW leads you through a passage between two fully lit warehouses, patched with various materials to make them habitable. People are living there, and by the sounds and smells you can easily judge their numbers. Many. Just on the verge of being hopeless, trying to survive in a place like this.
And then, suddenly you notice a huge skyscraper in the distance, and then anotherone, and another one. They don't look like any different than the ones in Seattle, or any other sprawl you've been two. Generic corporate buildings of importance. Monuments to their power over the daily lives of people whom they own, one way or another. The huge, holographic logo of Evo manages even to reach your commlinks as soon as you exit the narrow path. It projects itself menacingly over your AR display, before your 'links manage to deal with it's ad-attack. You see TriCity, lying on the coast of a dead sea, wallowing in it's old-gone glory, and plaugued by poverty, but still there's a corporate Otherworld there. And it's an alien place, with people around you silently dissapearing to avoid your presence. CW turns around, and says.
"Welcome to Tricity."

Sludig

• Chummer
« Reply #10 on: <01-23-11/2007:27> »
"What a lovely place." *a trace of sarcasm seems to drip from every word*

joe15552

• Omae
« Reply #11 on: <01-23-11/2142:47> »
((OOC: btw, Kot, if you want me to roll for any of these actions, let me know. I'll just assume that if I can buy the hits and it's pertinent to the storyline, you'll let me know.))
As the group leaves the shipyard, Yani takes a quick look at the ship again to make sure he remembers the name of the ship and any other identifying features. It would be interesting to find out who owns that particular piece of floating machinery, but not right now. For now, it looks like the group is about to trudge through some particularly unpleasant territory.

Yani follows CW with his nose chronically crinkled. He doesn't hide his distaste for the slums one bit, but he does manage to keep his mouth shut... it would not be good to upset the locals with snide comments.

If Yani happens to notice the rodent-like male, he makes at least a three second attempt at figuring out what it was he was picking up off the ground, and what the male looks like along with any identifiable features (like tattoos or scars).

When The Evo logo hogs up Yani's AR, he decides it would be a good time to review some quick information in the matrix on Evo's recent activities and press-releases. He figures such a search in the middle of being overwhelmingly exposed to the megacorp's logo would not rise any suspicions. It would also take his mind off of how little he likes the city so-far...
« Last Edit: <01-23-11/2148:06> by joe15552 »

Uncle Vabka

• Newb
« Reply #12 on: <01-24-11/1219:39> »
Checking that the pair of Predators are loose in their shoulder rigs beneath his armoured jacket, Vabka then lights a foul smelling cigar, hefts his duffel bags one handed over his left shoulder, and follows the other runners on their way further into the city, chuckling slightly at the memory of the gangers shitting themselves when he popped his blades.

Sentinemodo

• Prime Runner
  • Prepare for the worst - surprises will be pleasant
« Reply #13 on: <01-24-11/1524:38> »
The visit in port and Evo spam reminded me of theri recent terrorist catching game.
I browse through the press subscription in the commlink looking for any news on the investigation progress (OOC: no tests, its just a memory refresh activity) maybe, there were something on the street level. Just in case I send few texts to a couple of friends (to Stefan and Hutch) if they heard anything. Oh and I send a note to Grzegorz that I'll have an original single malt older than two of us together, so if he could dig up something of equal value, we could make taste evening. 
Sorry for a small delay ;)

Denver Missions
concluded 01 02 03 04 05 10 09 11
running 13
runners: Caretaker Jerry

Kot

• Ace Runner
  • Meaow
« Reply #14 on: <01-24-11/1723:46> »
As for CW, he quickly goes through his notes on the subject, and it's definitely a witch hunt. Three shadowrunner groups vanished from the radar recently, but you don't know enough for now to decide who did this. The blame on - no surprises here - awakened eco-terrorists that don't want to see the Baltic poluted even more is bullshit. None of them gives a damn about this dead pool. Your guess would be corporate sabotage on a bigger scale, with shadowrunners caught in the middle. But Evo managed to get through this smelling of roses and generous reparations for something that isn't even it's fault. Feints in feints, as usual.
Both Stefan and Hutch send you a "I'm busy, but I'll check it out in a while." messages. They are working, but you expect to hear from them soon. Grzegorz on the other hand gives you a call.
"You have what? Where, and why the hell didn't those cheap bastards tell me they are smuggling treasures again? Get your ass over here, and we'll talk business. It's slow, so you can bring your people over. I'd say they need a drink after getting here, and catching first sights of the dump." He obviously knows you're working, and that means it was his recommendation that got you the job. Heh. Figures. He wouldn't like your tab to run dry, you bet.

The others follow CW looking around with a feeling of unease. Even though you've just left something worse than Barrens, the neighbourhood turs into a mixture of old houses, and condos, that mostly aren't even twenty years old, even if they look like dumps. The city is alive here.
Vabka catches a glance of a Vory-style nanotat on a hookers chest, before she whimpers, and steps back into the alley, scared. That wasn't something cheap, so she probably was a hooker under Vory protection. The boys that jumped out of the alley looked sharp, but they softened their gun grips as they saw the procession, and Vabka closing it. Nobody messes with runners on a whores whim.
Yani sifts through the corrupt noise of a borderzone, riddled with spam, BTL dealer offers, sleazy 'establishments', and such. Some lucky agent manages even to slip you an offer in bad english: "Forbidden fruits, beauties of ork and troll blood, will do your bidding." Just as you trash the spam, and adjust your filters something darts along the nodes down the street, and matrix lights in your head flicker as it passes.
Bat'Oni recieves a reserved bow from a sarariman-looking middle aged japanese leaving a nearby car, before he enters a seedy bar. His bodyguards - two asian orks - both give you an intimidating glare, but you see fear and respect in their eyes. After they both decide your group is not a threat, they both bow too - just by nudging their heads at Bat'Oni.
Whisper goes along with the group, but he walks like a city spirit, without trace and without even being noticed. People of all kinds come and go, and he even enjoys watching six kids looking around in search for something - or someone - looking like they can handle themselves, even if they're still kids. Nobody pays attention, and his eyes are sharp, so in the ancient-looking neon lights he manages to notice an opaque black sliver on Bat'Oni's sole.
« Last Edit: <01-24-11/1740:16> by Kot »