NEWS

Recruitment: Stormy Waters Subcampaign

• 314 Replies

Beta

• Ace Runner
  • SR1 player, SR5 GM@FtF & player@PbP
« Reply #300 on: <03-11-16/1300:14> »
I haven't  been in too much of a rush for wave 2 either, although still absolutely interested.  Once I realized I had to rebuild Rusty I've also been looking at alternatives, so having some time to play with these and work backgrounds and so on has been a nice luxury.  I have two mostly built options, and one more I'm playing with:

- a new take on Rusty (adept with shapechange spell, learning how to be human again after some long period as a dog, but sadly most likely without a couple of the really cool sounding negative qualities which were not working out how I'd hoped).  Have to re-write background to move away from the whole concept of him spending his nights in dog form.

-  Preston (former bounty hunter/computer surveillance guy who descended into addiction after his mentor's death - inheriting his mentor's cyber-arm may not have helped - and is trying to re-build his life.  Sort of like a combat decker but without most of the decking part and with a bit more sneakiness) This is a variant on a character I'd built for a different PbP game -- which never got off the ground.  I'd stolen part of the feel for him for Rusty, so if you see some thematic similarities that is strictly intentional. 

- a (very non-optimized) mage that I haven't quite been able to make gel yet.    I'm close to giving up on this one for now and saving it for some theoretical future game.  For all that not one character in Tangled Currents, so far as i've been able to see, can cast a heal spell (currently--a couple are capble of learning it, I think).  How often do you see that even in a group of four characters, kind of interesting to see that in a group this large!

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #301 on: <03-11-16/1351:26> »
- a (very non-optimized) mage that I haven't quite been able to make gel yet.    I'm close to giving up on this one for now and saving it for some theoretical future game.  For all that not one character in Tangled Currents, so far as i've been able to see, can cast a heal spell (currently--a couple are capble of learning it, I think).  How often do you see that even in a group of four characters, kind of interesting to see that in a group this large!

I can't cast a Heal spell--seeing as my character isn't Awakened--but I can provide healing. :P
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

bangbangtequila

• Omae
« Reply #302 on: <03-11-16/1529:55> »
The mage I'm making got swept into a vampire hunting campaign, which is really neat. It is a prime runner though, which really helps since Elves are so much less optimal then humans with priority builds. I'm going to build up a background as I finish one of them off, then tone it down for a regular strength campaign. It's maybe 50% done at this stage, sheet and background combined.

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #303 on: <03-11-16/1644:58> »

I can't cast a Heal spell--seeing as my character isn't Awakened--but I can provide healing. :P

Absolutely!  I was less panicky about the healing situation because of Serge .... but just ask DocWagon: layering magic and mundane healing is the most potent people patching plan, period :D

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #304 on: <03-11-16/1654:12> »
Just can't seem to be satisfied with a mage version of him.
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

Beta

• Ace Runner
« Reply #305 on: <03-11-16/1716:12> »
I wasn't saying that Serge should be any different than he is -- just that in a group of (eventually) something like a dozen characters, having one with magical healing and one with mundane healing would be nice -- it is an area where the two sides of things really do compliment each other. 

adamu

« Reply #306 on: <03-21-16/0728:10> »
Big announcement

Due to me obviously biting off more than I can chew, the esteemed Mercy Merchant will be co-GMing with me. Specifically, Mercy will be launching the one-to-ones for the Second Wave and GMing those characters until stated otherwise.

Because I have taken so much longer than planned to get this started, some people may have justifiably given up on me (ouch).

So Mercy is trying contact all the second wave folk, and do pipe up here if you have not been reached.

Also, Mercy is having trouble getting registered on Dumpshock, so may have to conduct things on Shadowgrid.

DireRadiant

• SRM FAQ Committee
  • Omae
  • The Dragon Never Sleeps
« Reply #307 on: <03-21-16/2143:41> »
Also, Mercy is having trouble getting registered on Dumpshock, so may have to conduct things on Shadowgrid.

Fixed

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #308 on: <03-22-16/0112:54> »
Thanks for the assist Dire Radiant.  OK.  Running three people and hope to have a couple more as soon as they get characters up.
"Speech"  *Thought*  <Matrix>

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #309 on: <04-14-16/0517:15> »
Hey, still room in this phase two gig for a new player?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #310 on: <04-14-16/0712:20> »
Hey there.  I am Mercy Merchant and I may just have room for you.  I am almost tapped out, but can make an exception for a player that is looking for some a heavy RP experience.  Your first step is to respond that you are, then you need to contact Aria and ask to be invited to his Obsidian Portal site for Storm Waters.  You will need an account on OP for that to happen, but that is the easiest part of this.  Once invited in, please generate a standard runner character by any of the normal methods: standard, sum to ten, or karma build.  You get 40 free karma for contacts and should indicate which contacts are purchased with these points.  I would prefer no SURGE characters, please.  Use the format for posting character sheets to the OP site and I will get you rolling.

GM issues:

This is a heavy RP game.  Please look at the threads for Preston, Gaze, Grunt, and Paladin to get an ides of my style.
I believe that the NPCs are just as real as the PCs.  Any attempt to run roughshod over them just because you are a PC is going to get a reaction.
There is no set posting requirement, but it is in your best interest to post often and post well.  You get karma and cash for posting.  It also moves the story line forward.
You will start out as a solo player and gradually move to pairs then small groups.

You may contact me by email at Marisart@yahoo.com if you like.  I do not have access to this site during the work day, but can use the email if I am not buried at work.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #311 on: <04-14-16/1549:15> »
I most certainly am and RP-certric is very much my preference. I already have a character in mind who should open up some avenues of storytelling we don't see as much. I will post over to Aria asap and build a sheet to get this started. Where should I send my character profile  and stats when I have completed them?

Mercy Merchant

• Prime Runner
« Reply #312 on: <04-14-16/2314:03> »
I am glad you are interested.  Please go to the portal site and post your character there.  You can also send me a copy of what you have to my email at Marisart@yahoo.com, if you like, so I can start rubbing my hands together in traditional GM style at having drawn another fly into my ingenious trap.  Ignore the random cackling you might here from this corner.  No, no, it won't do you any good to look over here.  Once through the portal you are lost....................lost I tell you.  Bwahahahahaha.

Aria

• Ace Runner
« Reply #313 on: <04-15-16/1301:04> »
Move along there, nothing to see!

<We've got another headcase grid 79, standard containment protocols initiated!>
Excel Cha Generators <<CG5.26>> & <CG6.xx> v36

Horsemen

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #314 on: <06-10-16/2223:10> »
Welcome aboard Mercy!   8)