• 17 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <01-13-16/0650:00> »
Just released:

Runner's Black Book Combo

The Power of the World

The unending fight of a shadowrunner is the effort to somehow manage a fair fight against all the powers of the world that are lined up to take you down. If you want a chance, you need an array of tools—weapons, cars, planes, boats, drones and more. Two compilations released for Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition, Runner’s Black Book and Runner’s Black Book 2074 offer a wide assortment of tools that runners can use to give them a fighting chance in a hostile world.

Both books collect PDF releases from the line while also offering a few new items. Runner’s Black Book includes This Old Drone, MilSpecTech, Deadly Waves, Gun H(e)aven, and Unfriendly Skies, while Runner’s Black Book 2074 brings together EuroWar Antiques, Used Car Lot, MilSpecTech 2, and Gun H(e)aven 2. These compilations, complete with their original content, have previously only been available in print, but now they can be purchased electronically—you can even buy both books for a discounted combo price. Pick up the books and add a wealth of options to your shadowrunning arsenal.

Runner’s Black Book and Runner’s Black Book 2074 have rules compatible with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.

BattleCorps
DTRPG

Runner's Black Book 2074

THE MOST TOYS WINS!

Asking a shadowrunner if they really need another gun is like asking someone if they need all that oxygen floating around them. Are you ever going to use all that air? Maybe not. But you’re sure as hell not going to be one of those suckers who’s going to be caught short. RUNNER’S BLACK BOOK 2074 is about options, giving runners more choices of guns, weapons, vehicles, and other gear so that they can build a load out that suits them. Whether they want bleeding-edge gear built for those fighting the world’s latest wars or classic vehicles that have stood the test of time—or old crap they can get for cheap—RUNNER’S

BLACK BOOK 2074 has what they need. Collecting gear from digital products Gun H(e)aven 2, Used Car Lot, MilSpec Tech 2, and Euro War Antiques along with exclusive material for this book, RUNNER’S BLACK BOOK 2074 contains full-color illustrations, detailed descriptions, and complete game statistics for each item. It’s an essential resource for runners looking to do some shopping—or to learn more about the guns that might be pointed at them in the near future.

RUNNER’S BLACK BOOK 2074 requires Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.

BattleCorps
DTRPG

Runner's Black Book

FLAUNT IT!

You’ve got the talent. You hopefully have lived long enough to collect a decent amount of nuyen. So show it off! Get a better gun. A bigger boat. A zeppelin that can sneak you across borders where no one thinks to look. All these toys are here, and many, many more. Runner’s Black Book is a shopping catalog for the ambitious and successful runner—and it’s a guide to the weapons, drones, and vehicles that the various forces of the Sixth World may send against you as you sneak through the shadows.

Runner’s Black Book collects material from Shadowrun’s successful PDF line of products, compiling Deadly Waves, Gun Heaven, MilSpecTech, This Old Drone, and Unfriendly Skies in their entirety, along with updated art and information. On top of that, the book includes new pieces of gear developed specifically for this volume, including the punishing Kriss X Submachine Gun and small, smooth TPP light pistol. Each piece of gear is accompanied by a full color illustration providing a look at the item’s complete details and features.

Runner’s Black Book is for use with Shadowrun, Twentieth Anniversary Edition.

BattleCorps
DTRPG

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1 on: <01-13-16/0654:27> »
Hey, they finally released digital versions of these? NEAT!

SmilinIrish

• Omae
« Reply #2 on: <01-13-16/1548:25> »
$60 for two pdf's from the last edition?  Someone help me understand the value please.  I was interested for the art, not necessarily to convert the stuff for 5th.  What am I missing?
Speech  Thought   Matrix/Comms

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #3 on: <01-13-16/1626:08> »
The two pdfs are collections of other books and some unreleased material that was never digital, I believe.

Critias

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
  • Company Elf
« Reply #4 on: <01-13-16/1726:58> »
$60 for two pdf's from the last edition?  Someone help me understand the value please.  I was interested for the art, not necessarily to convert the stuff for 5th.  What am I missing?
It's $60 for about ten pdfs, IIRC.

Now, there's still a conversation worth having about them being gear from the last edition, but they were some pretty hot-selling books, fans have been wanting electronic releases of them for a while, so here we are.  If you want 'em, buy 'em, if not, not.

ScytheKnight

• Ace Runner
« Reply #5 on: <01-13-16/2013:06> »
If these had have been SR4a/SR5 would have been making grabby hands by now... but still, combine this with the SR4a Bundle of Holding and you've got a heck of a lot of SR4 content for what? $100?
From To<<Matrix message>>
"Speech"
Thoughts
Astral
Mentor

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #6 on: <01-13-16/2221:45> »
For those of us with an older digital collection these have been a significant hole in the collection compared to our physical books. This is a big thanks from me.

The last MAJOR hole in my digital collection is 30-40 novels dating all the way back to the beginning. Please get those digital rights ironed out and I will buy every one of them, My paper copies are starting to fall apart.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #7 on: <01-13-16/2236:47> »
For those of us with an older digital collection these have been a significant hole in the collection compared to our physical books. This is a big thanks from me.

The last MAJOR hole in my digital collection is 30-40 novels dating all the way back to the beginning. Please get those digital rights ironed out and I will buy every one of them, My paper copies are starting to fall apart.
How far back are we talking, because some company or another digitized (as in, converted to epub formats) all of the novels I was missing a while back.

The Tekwych

• Omae
« Reply #8 on: <01-14-16/0221:23> »
There are no legal digital copies of all the Roc books at the moment. Nigel Findley'S stuff was offered for a while but has been pulled until a new contract can signed. Into the Shadows has been licensed, with changes, and offered as a digital incentive from HBS for one of their Kickstarters.  The rest are hiding in legal limbo with a publishing house that doesn't even know that they own the Roc imprint.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #9 on: <01-14-16/0741:46> »
Ah, that's a shame, then.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #10 on: <01-14-16/1044:23> »
Regarding content, as follows:

Book 1
This Old Drone: 6.95
Unfriendly Skies: 7.95
Deadly Waves 7.95
Gun Haven 1 7.95
MilSpecTech 1 7.95
Total $38.75

Book 2
Used Car Lot 7.95
Gun Haven 2 11.95
MilSpecTech 2 7.95
EurWar Antiques 11.95
Total $39.80

So there is some minor savings (and a pretty good deal for the bundle) for each book, when compared to the individual PDFs as well as the additional content that was only in the print release. I've put in a question to Jason re converting to 5e, but if a real need,, believe that Pegasus Press (German) published them both 4a and 5e stats.

Herr Brackhaus

• Prime Runner
« Reply #11 on: <01-14-16/1111:20> »
There's also content in these that is not included in the original releases, so that's a bonus.

Sterling

• Omae
  • Dragged in by the credstick
« Reply #12 on: <01-14-16/1306:19> »
There's also content in these that is not included in the original releases, so that's a bonus.

Not if you bought the original books so just want the additional content!

Harrumph!
"His name is Sterling. He’s an ex-pat Brit making a living as a fixer and a hacker in Metropole. He’s a rare blend of upstanding and fun...(so) listen to his experience."
>>Data Trails, p.82

All4BigGuns

• Prime Runner
« Reply #13 on: <01-14-16/1313:04> »
It's awesome that these finally made digital release (good for rounding out PDF collections), but I'm of the mind that since they are for the previous edition $10 a piece would be more fair rather than the typical PDF price for a new source for the current edition. That is of course my opinion, but...
(SR5) Homebrew Archetypes

Tangled Currents (Persistent): 33 Karma, 60,000 nuyen

PeterSmith

• Ace Runner
« Reply #14 on: <01-14-16/1327:32> »

It's a work in progress.
Power corrupts.
Absolute power is kinda neat.

"Peter Smith has the deadest of deadpans and a very sly smile, making talking to him a fun game of keeping up and slinging the next subtle zinger." - Jason M. Hardy, 3 August 2015