NEWS

At the Hive - Peace, Blessings and a Peace of Hill (sidethread, IC)

• 26 Replies

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <12-29-15/0726:38> »
At first, Bikki doesn't speak. It takes Man Bahadur a while to comfort him enough to talk.

"I ... They gave it to me in the temple. They said ... they said, it'd make me stronger. I don't know what's going on.
Please, Man Bahadur, I don't want to talk to the trog."

"Hush. Answer the questions and do as you're told."
"All right... They gave it to me. Because I was a good little soldier. They said, I could be one of the strongest warriors. I was learning so fast, you know. I could kill a dog at a hundred meters! No one else could do that except for Might Mash."
"normal speech"
whisper/"under your breath"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <12-29-15/0910:56> »
I don't want to talk to you either, twerp. Banging your head against the wall 'til you speak would be much faster. Scarcrow overheared the kid's protest and continued in a soft voice.
"100 meters you say? That ain't bad. Not gonna pick a fight with you. Tell me about your training, sano gurkha. Who did it? What was he like?"

He called his companions:
"Li'l Bikki is chatting with me about the training. Hope to get information about Uncle Prasad. I'll leave the connection open, should you wanna add something. And one name fell: Might Mash. Probably just a nickname, but we should still check for information on that one. In the matrix and the police-data, if possible"
« Last Edit: <12-29-15/0922:51> by luckace »
speech   thought      "matrix talk"   <<message>>    whisper   foreign language

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #17 on: <12-30-15/0626:15> »
Bikki smiled shyly. "Uncle Prasad. He's tough as iron. He hits every mark every time. He used to be a marine, you know. Like, some big soldier. He don't allows me no mistakes, but he's a tough teacher. Like, real burns. We had a session every day."
Bikki hesitates. His eyes flicker to Man Bahadur.
"Please, stranger, bring me back. I want to go back to the temple, but Man Bahadur won't let me go. Bring me back, please!"
Bikki jumps up and hides behind Scarcrow, as Man Bahadur rises from his chair.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <12-31-15/0824:30> »
Scarcrow was thrown off by the boy's sudden request. This boy could be my ticket inside the temple, if I gain his trust. He too raised up. "You want to go back? Hmm..." he looked Man Bahadur straight into the eyes. "I bet there'd be a whole lot of... stories...", and he winked with one eye, "to get out of that temple. Perhaps I could take you there and you introduce me to your friends, Bikki-bhai?"
He hoped that the elder boy was bright enough to understand that his true intention was of course not to get any stories out of that temple, but to get the kids out of there.
« Last Edit: <12-31-15/0828:22> by luckace »

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #19 on: <12-31-15/0835:04> »
<<ARE YOU FUCKING NUTS? After all we did to undo what they did to him, now you want to send him back again?>>
Rikers outrage was even through the text message noticeable.
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #20 on: <12-31-15/0853:00> »
<<Easy, boy. That way we can go in and rescue ALL the kids, including Bikki.
If all the kids in there are brainwashed like he is, they won't leave the temple willingly, so we have to gain their trust somehow. Bikki could be the key to that.
Not what I want to do, but what we'll have to do if we can't get the head-scientist to undo whatever drek he did to them.
Or what's your plan? Chain him to the wall? I give you 2 days, then he kills you in your sleep and runs back to Sai Baba without anyone looking after him.>>

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #21 on: <01-01-16/0709:17> »
"What? No! Not a second will I allow you to talk of something like that. Get Musaa outta here, and you, you too should leave now. We don't need you here and we don't want any new problems. If you want to deal with them, do it on your own, but leave us at piece.
I remember that Scipio told me that a man called Harka implanted the datajack. Maybe you can find something out when you talk to him. Now, leave."
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <01-02-16/0838:34> »
Scarcrow sighed. Well, it was worth a try. "All right, all right, no offense. This Harka works for the temple? Know where to find him?"
He turns to Bikki: "Don't worry, your brothers know what's good for ya.
Now, you should maybe close your eyes.
,and he slowly reaches out for Frozen Yoghurt's throat, but gives the older boys an opportunity to object, should they want to send Bikki out first or kill the stalker by themselves. "You'll understand that I can't leave with this guy still breathing."
[spoiler]PLease excuse my absence in the mainthread, I'd like to wait for this conversation to end before I post anything.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: <01-02-16/0840:33> by luckace »

Volker

• Ace Runner
« Reply #23 on: <01-02-16/1100:46> »
"No, it didn't sound like he was one of the temple people. He must be one of those Thamellers. Go and ruin yourself if you want. We don't want to deal with those kind of people. Just leave, and take your problems with you."
Musaa's eyes break as they hear the disappointing words. You can also see something like fear in his eyes. He continues pleading before Man Bahadur silences him with a sharp word.

[spoiler]Man Bahadur won't interfere if you kill Frozen Yoghurt, but Riker might ;-)
Apart from that, I think we can consider this sidethread closed.
"normal speech"
thought
"Matrix/email/..."
"sub-vocal"
"foreign language"

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <01-03-16/1701:57> »
"Tik chha, I'm gone."
A short moment of hesitation, then the troll twists Frozen Yoghurt's neck between his big, titanium-infused hands. His gaze wanders to Bikki out of curiosity. You're a soldier now, hm? How well can you take death?

[spoiler] Not sure how breaking someone's neck works, is it unarmed + called shot? No strength involved?
Breaking FY's neck: 11d6t5 2 Meh. I guess it won't matter that much, he's not resisting anyways.
Oh, forgot to subtract 4d for called shot. If substracted, 1hit would remain.

All right, then I guess we're as good as done here. When FY is indeed dead, Scarcrow will ask Riker via message about this Harka-person and then leave. [/spoiler]

luckace

• Omae
« Reply #25 on: <01-06-16/0943:42> »
[spoiler]@GM: Since you didn't say otherwise, I assume that FY is indeed dead?
[/spoiler]

Scarcrow turned away from the corpse. Although he didn't particularly enjoy killing, seeing this mofo bite the dust filled him with a bitter feeling of safisfaction.
One last look at Bikki, a nodded namaste to Man Bahadur, then the troll made his way towards the exit.

Before passing Riker, he sent a short message to the youth, a last effort to grab some information about the ominous Harka.
<< I know you want to bring these fuckers down just as much as I do. Man Bahadur told me about a Harka, street-doc, I suppose, who mad Bikki's slot. KNow where I can find him? >>

Jack_Spade

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <01-06-16/1018:55> »
Riker replied: <<Sure. But don't make trouble for him. Find address enclosed.>>
talk think matrix

To strive, to seek, to find and not to yield
Revenant Kynos Isaint Rex