NEWS

[StS IC] EMT Extraction

• 141 Replies

Shaihulude

• Newb
« Reply #15 on: <05-13-15/2158:06> »
Jujin stretched his shoulders while the pale elf with the pretty eyes spoke. So far he was impressed by the politeness of those around him. He knew there were other Oni outside of Japan, but was it just coincidence one was here? He stared at her for a moment.

Maybe he was being paranoid.

The money was more than he expected, and he was unconcerned with the other minor details; plans changed with the situation after all.

He asks no questions and listens to the conversation.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #16 on: <05-13-15/2305:20> »
Raiden listened attentively and though he held the floor he allowed for a pregnant pause before responding.

If your furnishing us with transport that must mean you have a plan of some kind? I'd like to hear it before concluding if your offer will cover the risk.

He sipped his drink And we are off and running

Two Oni, the dwarf was probably a Mage and that made the other one a decker, or was the oni a decker? Beside the point. It was a solid team, odds were good they'd all be getting a little richer. He just had to deal with the 'little' part of that.

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #17 on: <05-13-15/2338:25> »
'Particularly, is this a friendly or hostile extraction?  Is the target stable, or will we need to provide medical care in route?  And if the target does need medical care, is there one of us who has the skills necessary to provide it?'

Ravener nods to John, 'Just to ensure that we cover those issues.'  Leaning back, he lets the music die off in his ears and keeps a close eye on Ms. Johnson to look out for any sign of misinformation. 

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #18 on: <05-14-15/0355:55> »
Cherie flies as silently and sneakily as possible to hover just above the table in front of Ms J.  As she floats there, she drops the invisibility and concealment and says in her silky Cajun drawl, "silly boys, of course this is a hostile extraction, someone is going to want to stop it.  The real question is what level of opposition is expected?  Stable, unstable it matters not, we'll be able to carry equipment in the vehicle to continue to stabilize him if need be, and surely as capable of Johnson as this lovely lady will have been sure to recruit one of you as some one who is, how you say  saws bones?" Addressing Ms J more directly  "But, given the nature of the skills that such a  run as this requires, you have clearly assembled an extremely capable team.  However, those highly specialized and exactly right for the job skills are not to be bought for a pittance.  8K is a trifle too low for these fine people.  My self, I'd settle for an evening of dinner and drinks with your fine personage, oui! But I think that my associates here might say non! And want for something, shall we say, more tangible.  Like, maybe, being allowed to keep said vehicle after the run.  Or some equivelant in kind renumeration."  Shimmying her wings she finishes with, "what say you, we could have a very fine evening together."

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #19 on: <05-14-15/1245:39> »
"The vehicle will be a medical vehicle, an ambulance, if you will.  And I did indeed invite somebody with a level of medical expertise," Ms. Johnson's gaze turns to the dwarf in the room.

"As for obstacles, I suppose that will depend on how you plan your mission.  It could be anything from a few bored guards in a hospital to breaking him out of a prison, if you wait that long.  I suggest you don't."

As Cherie appears in front of her, she chuckles, dryly.  "I had been told that a pixie might be among those in attendance.  When I did not see you, I was disappointed.  I appreciate your presence, though I ask next time you reveal yourself sooner, a... 'professional courtesy'... to both your employer and potential companions."

She pauses at that point, and an opportunity for others to aid in negotiating the terms opens up.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

WWind

• Newb
« Reply #20 on: <05-14-15/1413:13> »
Finally showing a semblance of respect, Whiskey dips her head briefly to Ms. Johnson.

"What sort of condition does he have? If you're sending a wagon along, I'm guessing it's a bit more than a few sniffles. Need to make sure I can at least keep the man breathing.  Make sure the wagon's stocked, and s'long as the others here can do their job, I'll keep him patched."

Whiskey gives a long look around the group, her expression not changing as she watches them keep their "face" on.

0zee

« Reply #21 on: <05-14-15/1453:03> »
Redline startled slightly as the tiny form of a pixie appeared in the center of the room. She relaxed following Ms. Johnson's reaction to it; Redline had heard of tiny, mystical fairies straight out of western fairy tales, but never in the meat.

Redline's expertise was not convincing others through words. Her questions answered in a satisfying manner by the Johnson, she crossed her arms and watched as the others carried on more specific discussions about the terms of the job.

VegasRigged

• Omae
« Reply #22 on: <05-14-15/1846:51> »
Raiden made no indication of his surprise as the pixie appeared above the table, nor did he express his annoyance at the insulting of the party. Clearly the little creature didn't know how to present a unified front, which was essentially the point of these meetings. Well, half the point.

That sounds doable, though we'll have a few other expenses, some additional purchases that will run above the upfront. IDs and hospital uniforms will run us at least forty five hundred. Up the pay to cover that and we'll get right on it.

(Ten hits on negotiations)

With a decker he could do it solo but the others could probably be made useful, as long as they stayed professional. The Pixe might be a liability. Only one way to find out.

Shaihulude

• Newb
« Reply #23 on: <05-14-15/2109:24> »
Jujon was surprised at the appearance of the pixie. Was this some kind of negotiation tactic? Suddenly he was not so sure about the situation. But, as long as the other runners did their job, he would do his.

Does not take part in any negotiations

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #24 on: <05-15-15/0022:02> »
"My most humble apologies milady.  It was my understandeeng, that Johnson's such as yourself preferred to know that the team that they hired had the requisite skills to perform the job that they were hired for.  Since presumably, there is no one here that you wished for us to hurt, and no one that you wished us to heal, unless perhaps there was someon you wished us to hurt and then we could heal them.  And clearly hacking the host of this most excellent establishment while we are having a meeting within its confines would be a risk that someone as wise was you would wish to avoid in case you wanted to perform business here again in the future, I thought that a demonstration of our abilities to sneak into a building would be zee  best way to show that we had zee skills you desired.  If I am wrong, I most humbly apologize.  But, allow me to make one more demonstration of why we will be able to perform zee job you request of us." And with that she turns and obviously casts a spell; the music and all hubbub from outside the room quiets to a bear silence that is strange given the noise that had ebbed into the room just a second before.
"A little added privacy for our conversation.  I doubt that even zee cyber man on the other side of zee  door can hear us now.  My apologies if he suddenly burst in because he is worried that he can no longer hear you."
« Last Edit: <05-15-15/0247:22> by Forrest »

WillAsher

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Chummer
« Reply #25 on: <05-15-15/0524:53> »
Ravener sighs quietly behind his mask as he watches the 'show'.  'Hmmm, better makes sure to keep an eye on her if she is going to pop in like that,' he thinks as he sifts the matrix for her commlink to keep an eye on.  Mentally reviewing his ARO list, he chooses an old flatvid fairy icon on her comm. 

After hearing the comment about a possibly pissed off bodyguard coming in, he calmly pulls his hands out of his pockets and leaves them loosely in sight.  No reason to get shot. 

'Lets see...we will need uniforms, a list of doctors at the hospital, some basic building plans, and maybe some way to cause a good distraction when we need to move out.  Might as well look up what paperwork you need to move a patient for testing or between hospitals as well.  Now I just need the name of the hospital...if we ever get to that point.'  He starts putting his list into an ARO to share with his fellow runners, for when the planning stage begins.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #26 on: <05-15-15/1337:54> »
The Johnson listens to Cherie and then shrugs, a slight movement almost imperceptible.  "I rely on the Fixer's judgement of your skills, I do not need to see them for myself.  Reputations suffice, either of the assets or those who suggested them."

Listening to Raiden, she finally nods.  "Your terms are acceptable.  4,500¥ up front, an additional five upon delivery of the extraction target."

She watches the group and as each nods their acceptance of the terms, she continues.

"The target is a shadow runner who goes by the moniker 'Kingston'.  During a run four nights ago, events spiraled out of control.  While most of his team managed an egress, Kingston was held up by the Knight Errant High Threat Response.  Written off as dead, it turns out that he survived the encounter, albeit in critical condition.  Knight Errant took him to Health Point, between Renton and Tacoma, where they stabilized him.  It is only a matter of time before they move him.

"I won't pretend some level noble intent in his retrieval.  It is simply good business to attempt an extraction.  An investment.  I believe, then, that you have all of the information you need from me.  From this point, it is up to you to earn your compensation."

With that, she rises and makes for the door.

Shaihulude

• Newb
« Reply #27 on: <05-15-15/2317:34> »
Jujin looked around. Was that it? Money up front meant money up front.

Clearing his throat, and bowing slightly, he says, "excuse me, but you said up front. I mean no disrespect, but did I miss something?"

Forrest

• Omae
« Reply #28 on: <05-16-15/0259:46> »
And we need to know where this person is, and where the vehicle is.

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #29 on: <05-16-15/1546:04> »
"I fear your spell has interfered with your own hearing," Ms. Johnson says, stopping at the door and turning to the pixie.  "I do believe I mentioned Health Point, in Renton?  As for the up front payment..."

She opens the door and leans out, sharing a few words with the door guard.  He nods and hands her a large envelope.  She takes it and returns to the table, setting it there.  "I am sure you will find everything in order.  Please be aware that, while I have not given you a concrete time frame, the clock IS ticking."

With that she turns and leaves and you note that the door guard leaves with her, before the door shuts, leaving the team alone and in the room.