NEWS

[5e OOC] Deep in the Shadows of Texas

• 673 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #660 on: <08-31-16/1823:50> »
Alright, I'm pulling the trigger.  We're doing it.  We'll spend the rest of this week and most likely part of next week nailing down the roster, and I'll get the IC up as soon as that's done.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #661 on: <08-31-16/2008:21> »
NICE. Are we continuing this run or starting anew?
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #662 on: <09-19-16/1129:20> »
So a tasting wrecked the week before last for me, and then health issues wrecked last week.  I'm feeling better now, but with a ruptured eardrum, but I am back.

Given metaplot concerns, and work I've already done what's going on the DFW sprawl I'd like to continue with the same run.  Some retconning will need to be in order.

The team is:
Qwikfix: taking over for The Phoenix
Zweiblumen: Sniffles
Poindexter: Mr. Hopeless

I think we should pick up with the team just outside the Denny's-esque coffee shop, known to be a haunt for Lone Star patrolmen, as the team attempts to get a hold of a commlink that they can use to get a certain Mr. J. Boogie a meeting with his lawyer before his arraignment. 

After this mini-run is finished, I'd like to open up recruitment, and continue with the wetwork run against the 5 yakuza.

Thoughts?  Concerns?  Anything need to be said before we go live?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #663 on: <09-19-16/1204:51> »
First: W00T!!!!
Second: I'm gonna have to re-read what was going on, but happy to retconn things.  No issues there.
Third: I'm traveling from Thursday the 22nd through Wednesday the 28th.  While I might get a post or two in there, I wouldn't count on much from me for that time period.
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #664 on: <09-19-16/2105:33> »
Still down. Can't wait. Just a heads up, I'll be outta town the week of oct 24-28.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Qwikfix

« Reply #665 on: <09-20-16/0744:02> »
Hello, acknowledging takeover of the Phoenix from this handle.  Hey guys :)

My bandwidth could potentially be improving, work permitting, especially since my academic situation has gotten a bit hairy (google ITT, you'll see why).

If we're continuing the same run, I'd like just one small request: we have a veritable plethora of intel for this operation, and if I'm being honest, I just can't piece it all together.   I don't mind if it's via a pm or something, but could I get some help with getting up to speed with everything?  Please and thank you ^^;

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #666 on: <09-20-16/0821:41> »
@Qwikfix, I think everyone is in the same boat you are.  I'll see what I can put together today.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #667 on: <09-21-16/1639:37> »
The Johnson, a crooked-toothed ganger looking hoop with two gold-vested body guards hired the time to infiltrate the Lone Star Host and give a certain J. Boogie a meeting with his lawyer before his 5:00 pm arraignment.  The best way into the host is with a Device that's slaved to it, and so the team has made their way to a Denny's-esque restaurant to try to lift one off of a star agent and make the necessary edits to J. Boogie's file. 

For what it's worth, Mr. Hopeless is convinced that this meeting will actually spell the end of J. Boogie, and that it's an assassin that will be sent to meet him, and not his lawyer.

Those are the broad strokes for this job.  We'll do a rerun on the yak run when it's finished.  How about it, chummers?
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #668 on: <09-22-16/0910:53> »
Sounds great. Can't wait.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #669 on: <09-28-16/1346:06> »
Okay, finally home for a little while.  I'm good to go when everyone else is :)

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #670 on: <09-28-16/1843:01> »
I'm waiting for just one regular day so I can get back to this stuff.  It hasn't happened yet.

Soon, though.  Maybe tomorrow will be calm.  Unless more fires pop up it should be.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #671 on: <11-01-16/1346:06> »
Any interest in moving this to rPol as well?  While not great, it's better than the speed problems here.

I can honestly say that I'll get distracted and not post at all with the delays playing here.  I've got too many other pokers in the fire (read: clients) that when I need to wait for a page to load I end up going and doing something else.  Some form of professional ADD or something, I dunno.  Anyway, love the story and the characters in this game, but can't do the boards.

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #672 on: <11-01-16/1626:31> »
I floated this with the other players. Haven't heard anything yet.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #673 on: <11-01-16/1641:58> »
sounds good.