NEWS

[5e OOC] Deep in the Shadows of Texas

• 673 Replies

SgtBoomCloud

« Reply #630 on: <02-04-16/1736:44> »
Red, thank you for keeping to my intended pattern with Phoenix's vocalizations :)  I can't be mad at that.

I will go up as soon as I can breathe.  Meanwhile...

Perception: 7d6t5 2

Perception (visual): 10d6t5 4

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #631 on: <02-04-16/2002:49> »
I'm sick as fuck, but I'm really trying to get something IC up.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Jayde Moon

• Administrator
  • Ace Runner
  • Shadowrun Missions Developer
« Reply #632 on: <02-05-16/0051:05> »
100 hour work week.  Like a boss.  My brain is fried, though.  Tomorrow we fly back home.

In the meantime, if any ol' cop's link will do, then La Sombra will indeed take any ol' cops link.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #633 on: <02-05-16/0700:50> »
100 hour work week. 

a HUNDRED!? Like, as in 2.5x the standard 40 hour work week!? Holy SHIT, dude! You tryin to be the richest man in the graveyard or sum?
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #634 on: <02-05-16/1725:40> »
@Jayde, that's awful, omae.  Hang in there, and I'm sorry if you miss out on the fun here, but we'll do our best to keep the game running and your seat warm.

Since Poindexter is also fighting the plague, I'll do the rolling for Mr. Hopeless and La Sombre.

La Sombre: INT (4) + Perception (3) + Specifically Looking (3) = 10 dice.
Perception + Specifically Looking: 10d6t5 3

Mr. Hopeless: INT (4) + Perception (5) - Distracted (2) = 7 dice.
Perception - Distracted: 7d6t5 2
--Astral Perception: INT (4) + Assensing (2) = 6 dice
Assensing: 6d6t5 1

@Zwei, you're going to quarterback this one.  I know you're not feeling terribly hot either, so no rush, but it makes sense ICly as well that the team would look to the matrix expert to get the matrix job running smoothly.  Congrats on the promotion ;)
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #635 on: <02-05-16/2044:42> »
Thanks dude. I was so out of it there for a couple days, I'm didn't even catch that you'd asked for a roll, or that I should be making any. I'm at about 90% capacity today and as long as I dont try to act like I'm at a hundred tonight, I will be by tomorrow. I still think I can get something solid up within the next 24 hours.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #636 on: <02-06-16/2021:46> »
Sounds good.  I'll get an IC up marshaling the troops.

Can Sniffles make another MP check specifically looking for security inside of the diner?
Speech, Thoughts, Comm/Text, Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #637 on: <02-06-16/2145:58> »
@Poin, no worries. Get better.

@Zwei, you certainly can.

@all, I'll get an IC up Monday with the interior.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #638 on: <02-08-16/0102:18> »
MP looking for security (Int 5 + Comp 6 + VR 2 + TM 2 = 15): 15d6t5 6 limit 6 (he's a bit more security minded then general watchfulness I guess :P)

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #639 on: <02-08-16/1335:21> »
@Zwei, apparently he is.  Finnegan's runs a low level Host, a Rating 3.  They have cameras on the entry, one in the parking lot, in the kitchen, and over the hostess station/console.  As for the LE inside, the average officer is showing the following icons: MCT-3500 commlink, slaved to LS Host and running on DFW Municipal Grid; Ruger Thunderbolt, complete with Smartlink or Laser Sight; Stun Baton; Defiance EX Shocker; Rating 3 medkit; Trauma Patch; Datajack; Armored Vest; contacts or glasses.  Officers who must have the rougher part of town are equipped with an Armored Jacket in lieu of the vest, and a helmet, and also have either a Defiance T-250, or Colt M23, though he'd guess that those are left in the squad cars.  Plainclothes officers and detectives typically do not have a Stun Baton slaved to their persona, though they do have either an Arm-slide or Concealed Quickdraw holster instead.  Not all officers are augmented, so it's fair to assume that one or two are awakened.  SINs being broadcast are badge number only, ostensibly to reduce the risk of personal reprisals against Lone Star officers and those they arrest. 

There appears to be 14 Lone Star inside, along with 8 citizens, aside from the work staff.  Nothing seems particularly interesting there.

6 hits is also good enough to know that the Image Link on the glasses, contacts, and helmets seem to be disabled.  Nobody likes to be watched and listened to while they eat and complain about management.   

@All, I need load-outs, SINs and licenses being broadcast, etc.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #640 on: <02-08-16/1429:00> »
14 of them?!? holy $#!t.  I thought we were trying to find one or two, not half the freakin' precinct!

Um, I'm not sure trying to pick-pocket a cop while there are 13 other cops watching is going to work all that well.  Probably need to re-evaluate our situation here.

Maybe catch one in the rest-room?  What do you think Jayde, it's your char that's going to be at the pointy end of this particular stick?  And input from Sgt and P would be appreciated as well.  Do we want to try and find someplace slightly less target-rich?
« Last Edit: <02-08-16/1430:49> by Zweiblumen »

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #641 on: <02-08-16/1444:41> »
Ya know, you're right.  There's going to be more than two, but fourteen is pushing it. Let's call it 6, two decked out for the near barrens, 1 plainclothes ,and the other 3 decked out as in the previous post. 
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

Zweiblumen

• Ace Runner
« Reply #642 on: <02-08-16/1535:46> »
Okay, I'll get that info up IC and move us inside to get a lay of the land.

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #643 on: <02-08-16/2257:41> »
Holy cock. Ok, I'm not sick anymore, but my internet JUST got turned back on. Whole big bag of bullshit. I gotta get up in six hours for work, and I aint got time to post nothin tonight, but I AM alive and i WILL do some readin and postin tomorrow when I get home from work.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #644 on: <02-24-16/1045:34> »
Poindexter is dropping out of the game.  Since Jayde is also out at the moment, I'm putting this thread on hold.  If things get back to a point where we've got some players who can post regularly I'm very interested with bringing it back online.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal