NEWS

IC: The Jungle

• 160 Replies

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #15 on: <03-09-15/1425:35> »
Junior seems to be getting a little anxious to be on his way to keep on looking for info on who hit Sarafin.  "Is there anything else you wanna know?  I really better get movin'"

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #16 on: <03-09-15/1712:44> »
"Null sheen, chummer.  Handle your biz.  We gotta get a move on too, if we're gonna be any help.  Watch your hoop, if we get anything we'll come see ya down at the spot, dig?  And hey, man, thanks for the bites."

After Junior ducks out, Chaim sits down with the boys to come up with a game plan.

"Alright, whaddya guys think?  Anybody got any chummers they can tap for this sorta thing?  I got my girl Liga who hooks down off Easton, I can see if anybody's been using the razors or anything to pay in trade, but her day don't start for a bit.  Other than that, I'm just talking shots in the dark.  I don't really have drek planned for today, so I'm all for putting this on the front burner.  I mean, fuck Serafin, but I'm ready to take a step up, wiz?"
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #17 on: <03-09-15/1904:38> »
"Shouldn't be difficult, really" said Rat. "All we have to do is follow the Sereo trail and we'll find the chummers who did this. And with any luck they will still have some of those sim-chips." Confident in his fool-proof plan, Rat reclined, a smile on his face.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #18 on: <03-09-15/1943:39> »
"Follow the Sereo trail, gotcha. So, Rat,  who we asking to see where that trail begins?"
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #19 on: <03-09-15/2100:14> »
"Alright, whaddya guys think?  Anybody got any chummers they can tap for this sorta thing?  I got my girl Liga who hooks down off Easton, I can see if anybody's been using the razors or anything to pay in trade, but her day don't start for a bit.  Other than that, I'm just talking shots in the dark.  I don't really have drek planned for today, so I'm all for putting this on the front burner.  I mean, fuck Serafin, but I'm ready to take a step up, wiz?"

"Shouldn't be difficult, really" said Rat. "All we have to do is follow the Sereo trail and we'll find the chummers who did this. And with any luck they will still have some of those sim-chips."

"Follow the Sereo trail, gotcha. So, Rat,  who we asking to see where that trail begins?"

Xem sits back down on the floor and listens to the group. "I dont know about Sereo or a trail, but I have some tongues that might wag for me. We should speak with Serafin first. Hear what happened from the horses mouth, so to speak, before we pound pavement."
« Last Edit: <03-09-15/2103:44> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #20 on: <03-10-15/0924:02> »
"We better catch him early then, while he's still recovering from the attack" said Rat at Xem's comment, getting up and stretching. Everyone present knew Serafin and Rat had had a few altercations in the past, so anyone could see the young delinquent wasn't going to do this as an act of altruism. The ork made sure his knife was still with him before setting out with the rest of the gang.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #21 on: <03-10-15/1024:18> »
Xem sits back down on the floor and listens to the group. "I dont know about Sereo or a trail, but I have some tongues that might wag for me. We should speak with Serafin first. Hear what happened from the horses mouth, so to speak, before we pound pavement."

"We better catch him early then, while he's still recovering from the attack" said Rat at Xem's comment,

"Wiz," Chaim says pulling a knife from his backpack and stowing it in his hoodie, now more brown than green.  He grabs another blade and slides it down his sock.  He wishes that the rain would let up, but it doesn't look like they're going to get off easy.  "Let's hop to it, then.  If we hurry we might be able to catch 'im 'fore the morning rush."

With that Chaim pulls back the tarp and heads out into the morning air.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

gradivus

• Ace Runner
« Reply #22 on: <03-11-15/1345:11> »
Werner, as he follows Chaim into the rain,  thinks to himself, Great-just what I need, rain and no umbrella. Of course, I'm probably just soft- these guys probably never seen an umbrella.

"Rat, Xem: you guys coming?"
"Speech" Thought >>Matrix<< Astral

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #23 on: <03-11-15/2232:57> »
"Let's hop to it, then.  If we hurry we might be able to catch 'im 'fore the morning rush."

"Indeed." Putting his rickety legs beneath him once more, Xem pops up to his feet with a snap and crackle from protesting joints. He waits for everyone and follows behind a few feet, keeping an eye out for danger in all directions; ESPECIALLY for cops.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #24 on: <03-12-15/0015:12> »
*Doesn't look like the weather's going to get better anytime soon* thought the ork as he looked outside. "Alright, let's get this drek over with" said Rat as he set out in the rain with the rest of his companions, headed for Serafin's shop.
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

inca1980

• Ace Runner
« Reply #25 on: <03-12-15/1613:41> »
Ever since the Cutters put up the cement blocks on the ground level entrances and started shooting down KE drones on sight, the police have pretty much stuck to an unspoken agreement with the Jungle.  They limit their entrances into that convoluted patchwork of urban sprawl and wild-life preserve to the occasional raid or when pursuing a high-value target.  The rain's died down to an annoying drizzle and the four of you make your way south along the Valley, a meandering roughly north-south walk-way which forms the main thoroughfare of the Jungle.

It's almost 8:00am and the street is bustling with mostly female orks, dwarves and humans all haggling vendors for the days food.   Ladies clutch their bags a little closer and vendors give you extra side-ways glances to make sure you don't swipe anything.  They aren't dumb.  They know that on most days, seeing you kids in the Valley this early means only one thing, you're hungry.  All it takes is one quick shove and well placed snatch while you all scatter in every direction for you to relieve someone of their morning purchases.  Like little piranhas, what you lack in strength you kids make up for in numbers. 

OOC: Everyone make a visual perception test.
« Last Edit: <03-12-15/1619:01> by inca1980 »

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #26 on: <03-12-15/1621:45> »
[spoiler]Visual perception (Int 5 + Per 3): 8d6t5 3[/spoiler]
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #27 on: <03-12-15/1639:46> »
Chaim weaves his way through the jungle, internally pleased with the group's reception.  First they clutch at their purses, then they will open their arms.

[spoiler]Visual Perception 5 (INT) + 4 (Perception) + 2 (Spec) +1 (Hawk Eye): 12d6t5 2
[/spoiler]
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

HydroRaven

• Prime Runner
« Reply #28 on: <03-12-15/2045:32> »
The Valley made Rat feel at home. He was used to such a cold reception; people's reactions weren't unfounded after all. Except that this time, the gang wasn't looking for their next meal. At least not unless it was too obvious someone wanted to be relieved of their belongings...

[spoiler] It's the first time for me using orokos.com, so I might have messed the settings a bit. If I disregard the repetitions, it should still give me 6 hits, no glitches. Intuition 5 + Perception 4 + SPecialization 2 + Hawk Eye 1: 12d6h5 6 [/spoiler]
Self thought
Speech
Matrix

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #29 on: <03-12-15/2143:34> »

[spoiler] It's the first time for me using orokos.com, so I might have messed the settings a bit. If I disregard the repetitions, it should still give me 6 hits, no glitches. Intuition 5 + Perception 4 + SPecialization 2 + Hawk Eye 1: 12d6h5 6 [/spoiler]

use 12d6t5 instead of 12d6h5.
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english