NEWS

[5e OOC] It Started at the Belmont

• 1239 Replies

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1230 on: <12-02-14/1806:42> »
Remind me: do we have any reason to suspect Dadelz is Yakuza connected? I vaguely remember something and I know Yak relations have come up throughout the thread over time, but I don't remember anything definitive. If she is, it looks like we may have an Aztlan connection, particularly if you include the shaman into the equation and assume that there is a connection between the two encounters.

OOC you have reasons to suspect a Yak connection.  Loki was affiliated with them, and so was Wind.  When Loki was offered the job he met with some higher ranking Yakuza at the club that he regularly frequented, which was a Yakuza hangout.  IC, I'm not sure if any of that stuff came to light.  Scratch that, Dr. Ken is in debt to the Yaks, and this job is how he's paying his debt.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

saithor

• Omae
« Reply #1231 on: <12-02-14/1824:03> »
Character sheet is linked inside the sig.
Dialogue
Comn
Astral
Thoughts
What's your favorite scary movie?

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
  • If you lack empathy, you are worthless.
« Reply #1232 on: <12-02-14/1900:13> »
Hopeless has mentioned in character that he believes the job originates with the Yakuza, but he hasn't said why.
"speaking out loud"
<<matrix actions/communication>>
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1233 on: <12-03-14/0051:07> »
Have i heard the name, Victoria Gonzalez?: 4d6t5 3

Wow! And to think i was considering just buying a hit!
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

JackVII

• Prime Runner
  • Ah-ah... Temper, Temper
« Reply #1234 on: <12-03-14/0052:18> »
Great post, Poindexter. I agree with R&B that Hopeless is probably one of the best characterized PCs I've ever seen. Bravo!

I think the only outstanding bit that needs to be dealt with is the dead-man trigger file you got from Breeze. OOC, I believe that will help link in Archive to the rest of the team to get the show on the road.

ETA: Nice roll!
|DTG|Place|Address in Brackets
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1235 on: <12-03-14/0056:18> »
I think the only outstanding bit that needs to be dealt with is the dead-man trigger file you got from Breeze. OOC, I believe that will help link in Archive to the rest of the team to get the show on the road.

oh shit! Yeah y'know i meant to do something about that for the whole damn post!
Ok, well ill just play it like he can't bring himself to watch it just yet and get to it while Error and he are disposing of the body. I can almost see the scene now; A montage shot of us doing whatever shady shit we have to do in the dead of night with breeze talking over it, reading off his last words. We would of course, cut back and forth from the montage to a video recording of him reading the lines. Probably with some slow, angry music behind it. Possibly something from The Crow soundtrack...

Is it silly of me to be saving this 5 karma I've got laying around? I mean, what are the odds that this is a long term character I'll get to play long enough to see, say, the other 20 i'll need to raise my magic up by a point? Might i be better off raising up a 1 skill to a 2 or buying another 1 skill? I mean, shit... It looks like i might get a LOT of use out of disguise here in the near future...

Also, no resting for Ian before its time to dump the body, so no stun dmg recovery and no edge recovery, right?

Great post, Poindexter. I agree with R&B that Hopeless is probably one of the best characterized PCs I've ever seen. Bravo!

You guys flatter.  ::)

For real though, I hope I don't set expectations too high and let everyone down eventually.
« Last Edit: <12-03-14/0206:33> by Poindexter »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1236 on: <12-03-14/0756:02> »
Considering I'm saving my karma to Initiate, I hope the game lasts long enough to accommodate it. ;)

It's really up to you. Mechanically, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea for Hopeless to raise his Willpower to help out with his drain resistance. That would cost 15 karma and take 3 weeks, which should be doable in a single long downtime. It also helps with a lot of magic resistance tests. Alternately, raising Body would help out with soaking bullets, although I think Hopeless has somehow managed to not get fired upon at all (so far).

As far as damage recovery. As long as you have an hour of downtime resting, you can make a stun recovery test. You won't get Edge back unless you manage to get sufficient sleep (8 hours probably) and eat breakfast, so as long as y'all get done with disposing of the body early enough, it shouldn't be a problem.
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

rednblack

• Prime Runner
  • TECH-NO-LOGIC-KILL
« Reply #1237 on: <12-03-14/1049:57> »
We're ready to transfer OOC chatter to the new thread.  We should also have an introduction from Ryo in that thread shortly, who will be taking over Error until such time as we can get his own character in play. 

As for the longevity of this endeavor, in the recruitment thread I mentioned that I was interested in doing a kind of one-shot, but now that I've gotten to know these characters as well as worked up some faction politics, etc. I'm interested in seeing this through as a full-on campaign if the interest holds.
Speech
Thought
Matrix/Comm
Astral
Subvocal

JackVII

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1238 on: <12-03-14/1054:16> »
Awesome!
"Dialogue"
PC/NPC Names
>>Matrix/Comm
"Astral"
<<Text/Email>>
Thoughts/Subvocal

Poindexter

• Prime Runner
« Reply #1239 on: <12-03-14/1106:08> »
"speaking out loud"
thought
astral
subvocal/whispering
non-english