NEWS

Street Grimoire Errata

• 179 Replies

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
  • I'm a Ma'fan of Shadowrun!
« Reply #30 on: <07-02-14/1648:15> »
a) what dictionary do you use that doesn't include geas?

I should think most English dictionaries wouldn't - the word is Gaelic.

Yes, I'm aware.  Technically it's Scots-Gaelic.  My wife speaks Gaelic - thanks, great-grandma Carnahan! - still, it's a term that is used in English with increasing popularity.  I just typed the word into Google, and it came up with the definition, along with it's etymology and usage over the past two centuries.

Actually, I'm done replying to this issue, as it's doing exactly what I was trying to avoid - distracting the conversation from the errata.

Back on topic though:

This is per one of the developers, Giabralter:

Greater Spirit Powers:
Guardian: Shielding (SR5 p. 326)
Guidance: Psychometry (p. 119)
Task: Compulsion (SR5 p. 395)
« Last Edit: <07-02-14/1652:40> by Namikaze »
Feel free to keep any karma you earned illicitly, it's on us.

Quote from: Stephen Covey
Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #31 on: <07-02-14/1659:50> »
Also per Giabralter:
The Beast's Way,  Pg. 176/177.
Last sentance of the section reads:
In addition, Beast's Way adepts are able to choose one power other power for the discount
Not sure what that means.
That sentence should have been removed entirely. Only the powers in the sentence before it are allowed for the discount.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #32 on: <07-02-14/1710:53> »

Greater Spirit Powers:

Wait, Shielding? I think we're missing something here. How does a great form spirit have a metamagic that adds Initiate grade to spell defense pool? Are they supposed to use a different number in place of Initiate Grade, like Force?

There's also no Psychometry on page 119. Is that meant to be like the Psychometry metamagic, on page 145? Once again, what does the Spirit use instead of Initiate grade? Do they use Edge, like a Free Spirit?

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #33 on: <07-02-14/1729:02> »
Wait, Shielding? I think we're missing something here. How does a great form spirit have a metamagic that adds Initiate grade to spell defense pool? Are they supposed to use a different number in place of Initiate Grade, like Force?

There's also no Psychometry on page 119. Is that meant to be like the Psychometry metamagic, on page 145? Once again, what does the Spirit use instead of Initiate grade? Do they use Edge, like a Free Spirit?

I dunno - probably Force.  I'll see if I can find out.

Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #34 on: <07-02-14/1735:12> »
Free Spirits use Edge in place of Initiate grade for metamagics, and this is also the case for the Aura Masking spirit power, so I'm guessing it's that.

Namikaze

• Freelancer Ltd
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #35 on: <07-02-14/1735:48> »
Yeah, just caught that.
Include line: Substitute Edge for Initiate Grade.

Confirmation from Giabralter that the spirit is supposed to use Edge.

Katerchen

• Newb
« Reply #36 on: <07-02-14/1832:42> »
Page 169: Cool Resolve 1 PP per Level
Seriously????? Isn't 1 PP a bit too high for that power?
Versuchen Sie's mal mit Wagner, da klebt mehr Blut dran.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #37 on: <07-02-14/1837:46> »

Yeah, I think that might be an error, myself. It is the only power listed as 1.0 PP rather than 1 PP. Makes me think it was supposed to be less than one, hence the decimal, and something got messed up somewhere.

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #38 on: <07-02-14/1922:54> »

Greater Spirit Powers:
Can we get a link or source or something? or was this you speaking to them IRL and we can take this as "official"?
Also, no offense intended by questioning your post, I know you're in contact with some people and all, I'm just looking for double confirmation.
« Last Edit: <07-02-14/1925:29> by voydangel »
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Tarislar

• Ace Runner
  • Uzi's + Fireballs .... Why I love Shadowrun!
« Reply #39 on: <07-02-14/1954:59> »
Also per Giabralter:
That sentence should have been removed entirely. Only the powers in the sentence before it are allowed for the discount.
Where was this stated ?

ZeConster

• Prime Runner
« Reply #40 on: <07-02-14/1958:20> »

Greater Spirit Powers:
Can we get a link or source or something? or was this you speaking to them IRL and we can take this as "official"?
Also, no offense intended by questioning your post, I know you're in contact with some people and all, I'm just looking for double confirmation.
It's a direct quote from a PM convo with Giabralter.

Also per Giabralter:
Where was this stated ?
Also a PM convo with Giabralter. The exact quote is this:
That last sentence should have been removed.The sentence prior to that was the one that was added.to replace it. None of the Ways were allowed to be open ended in what powers to improve.

Giabralter

• Freelancer
  • Chummer
« Reply #41 on: <07-02-14/2017:25> »

Greater Spirit Powers:
It's a direct quote from a PM convo with Giabralter.

Also per Giabralter:
Where was this stated ?
Also a PM convo with Giabralter. The exact quote is this:
That last sentence should have been removed.The sentence prior to that was the one that was added.to replace it. None of the Ways were allowed to be open ended in what powers to improve.

I can vouch for Giabralter ;-)

voydangel

• Omae
  • SR GM since 1990. Damn I'm old.
« Reply #42 on: <07-02-14/2053:01> »
Thanks very much to both of you for the clarification. =)
Much appreciation all around.
My tips for new GM's
Unless it is coming from an official source, RAI = "Rules As Imagined."
SR1+SR2+SR3++SR4++SR5+++h+b+++B+D382UBIE-RN---DSF-W+m+(o++)gm+MP

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #43 on: <07-02-14/2209:19> »

If we figure that .5 PP is the appropriate cost for +1 skill, Cool Resolve gets you +1 to any non-threshold roll of a Social Skill.  That includes Con, Etiquette, Impersonation, Intimidation, Leadership (Command only), Negotiation, and Performance (distraction-related stuff only).  That seems pretty amazing; I'm sort of bummed there isn't an equivalent of PhysAds for the Athletics group like there was in 4e.
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Ryo

• Ace Runner
« Reply #44 on: <07-02-14/2241:54> »

If we figure that .5 PP is the appropriate cost for +1 skill, Cool Resolve gets you +1 to any non-threshold roll of a Social Skill.  That includes Con, Etiquette, Impersonation, Intimidation, Leadership (Command only), Negotiation, and Performance (distraction-related stuff only).  That seems pretty amazing; I'm sort of bummed there isn't an equivalent of PhysAds for the Athletics group like there was in 4e.

4e had the same ability to get +1 when making or resisting any Social Skill tests, plus it gave you +1 for any opposed test to gauge your truthfulness or emotional state (even against assensing), and as the cherry on top, let you communicate with other adepts through Interpretive Dance. All for .5 pp per level.

But they nerfed the shit out of Kinesics, and tried to give us back our dancing adepts at .5 pp, while turning Cool Resolve into this for 1 PP. So for the same effects you got in 4e for .5 PP, you have to spend 1.75 PP in 5e.