NEWS

Shadowrun: Missions: Critic's Choice (5A-02)

• 16 Replies

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« on: <05-01-14/0829:49> »

martinchaen

« Reply #1 on: <05-01-14/0903:22> »
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

:D

[EDIT]
Hehehe, line straight out of the Chicago musical as the first paragraph header, I like it!
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/0905:40> by martinchaen »

Kincaid

• Freelancer
  • Prime Runner
« Reply #2 on: <05-01-14/0905:30> »
Looking over it, I now see why the GM told us that [REDACTED--I MISS SPOILER TAGS] was a good idea  ;)

"The teams' metal..."  There were tons of us!  We were all seriously chromed!
« Last Edit: <05-01-14/1137:02> by Kincaid »
Killing so many sacred cows, I'm banned from India.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #3 on: <05-01-14/1735:31> »
Should be interesting to see how this should play out. The GM who ran this at Gencon butchered it for us.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #4 on: <05-01-14/1738:42> »
Oh? I had a bit of a hard time running it, due to having too many players (7 is definitely too much, so now we got the policy that at 7 players we split into 2x3), and it being a bit confusing (oh crap did I forget to mention these guys?) to present, but not sure how you could butcher it. Then again, Belker gave me some tips on it in advance.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #5 on: <05-01-14/1844:04> »
Well our table suffered from a basement-dwelling GM and two good-looking female players from my campaign present. Sadly no one else was even acknowledged to exist at the table.

Michael Chandra

• Catalyst Demo Team
  • Prime Runner
  • Question-slicing ninja
« Reply #6 on: <05-01-14/1853:11> »
Ohkaythen... -.- I ended up not giving one player enough attention, because I had six more infiltrating the place in like four different ways and he stood guard instead. It was a bit chaotic.
How am I not part of the forum?? O_O I am both active and angry!

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #7 on: <05-01-14/1927:27> »
That sucks Chance, sorry to hear that :(

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #8 on: <05-01-14/2030:45> »
That sucks Chance, sorry to hear that :(

It was one bad slot and given the size of Gencon, I can appreciate "warm GM bums in chairs" would apply. Still, the last player who behaved like that towards the women in my game got the boot before the session was even over.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #9 on: <05-02-14/1905:18> »
Only one glaring omission here considering Missions almost always covers this off:  Why no map? That's a necessary bone to toss the players and let you concentrate on other things.

Bull

• Ace Runner
  • Crotchety Old Ork Decker
« Reply #10 on: <05-02-14/1948:25> »
Only one glaring omission here considering Missions almost always covers this off:  Why no map? That's a necessary bone to toss the players and let you concentrate on other things.

Partly my fault.  With my, umm...  Down Time over the last 6 months, some stuff got missed.  One of those is that we realized at the last minute we never contacted and requested maps for this Mission from Patrick Sullivan, who does all our maps for Missions.  I realized this right as things were going through layout, and I decided that rather than push things back several more weeks so that we could get maps done, to just go ahead and forego them for this Mission as they aren't really critical, IMO.  Sorry.

Chance

• Newb
« Reply #11 on: <05-02-14/2134:08> »

Partly my fault.  With my, umm...  Down Time over the last 6 months, some stuff got missed.  One of those is that we realized at the last minute we never contacted and requested maps for this Mission from Patrick Sullivan, who does all our maps for Missions.  I realized this right as things were going through layout, and I decided that rather than push things back several more weeks so that we could get maps done, to just go ahead and forego them for this Mission as they aren't really critical, IMO.  Sorry.

Any chance of getting it posted on the website? I'm not running this in the immediate future since my group still has to finish What Happened Before He Shot Her. A map would help if only so my group doesn't laugh at my non-existent drawing skills.

AJCarrington

• Global Moderator
  • Ace Runner
« Reply #12 on: <05-03-14/0759:23> »
Thanks for the update Bull...nice to have you back ;)

An aside, some artwork from the Mission has been posted on Tumblr

EDIT - linked in the image
« Last Edit: <05-05-14/0943:37> by AJCarrington »

OneofSorrow

• Chummer
« Reply #13 on: <05-03-14/1341:27> »
Planning on running this for my guys, the mission looks pretty good and I'm pretty sure they'll find some creative ways to throw wrenches in this. :) 

Timothy M. Patrick

• Chummer
« Reply #14 on: <05-03-14/2050:58> »
Make sure to let us know I love to hear the neat ways people play this one. Just remember there is next to no wrong way on this one I tried to make it open ended as possible.
Co-Host of CriticalGlitch a Shadowrun podcast Criticalglitch.com